US lied to Britain over use of napalm in Iraq war - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2005, 06:22 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:08 AM
If it leads them to invade other countries on false pretexts, then yes it is wrong.

Old 06-18-2005, 08:17 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Re: Re: Re: US lied to Britain over use of napalm in Iraq war

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Hmmm...interesting reasoning, maybe Saddam Hussein's lawyer should use this reasoning in conducting his defense - i.e., hey using chemical weapons was the "best weapon to use" in the particular situation.

There is no moral difference between the Anglo-American/Zionist rape of Fallujah and Saddam's actions against the Kurdish population.
#1 MK77 munitions are not Sarin Gas or any other type of WMD and have been approved by the CCW for use against military targets. It is very difficult to contain the effects of Chemical weapons to any specific target which is why their use is banned and most military forces will not use them because of the potential that weather could push the chemicals right back on them.

#2 Saddam could never make an arguement that using Chemical Weapons against innocent civilians was the best weapon for that situation because its illegal to target and kill innocent civilians. Then again, it would not be the first time that Saddam has said or done something that was actually not serving his best interest.

#3 My best friend was involved in the assualt on Fallujah. He did not rape anyone nor did any of the other 15,000 Marines and Soldiers who were involved in destroying the terrorist who had taken refuge there and had turned the city into a base for terrorism and torture.

Saddams actions against the Kurds involved wiping out entire population of innocent civilians. The United States military does not target civilians, it targets terrorist or enemy combatents. What Saddam did is illegal under international law, what the United States did in Fallujah was legal and necessary.

Old 06-18-2005, 04:02 PM   #18
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:08 PM
!?
Old 06-19-2005, 12:21 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Throw enough shit on the wall...comething will stick.
Napalm sticks too,...
Old 06-19-2005, 12:28 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Re: Re: Re: Re: US lied to Britain over use of napalm in Iraq war

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

Saddams actions against the Kurds involved wiping out entire population of innocent civilians. The United States military does not target civilians, it targets terrorist or enemy combatents. What Saddam did is illegal under international law, what the United States did in Fallujah was legal and necessary.
well, clusterbombs are very accurate also
Old 06-19-2005, 11:04 AM   #21
New Yorker

Quote:

I'm sure there were a lot of insurgents present in those populations as he was quelling what he saw as a rebellion, same against the Shia. Maybe he even called them enemy combatants!

That doesn't mean I condone his actions in any way. It all comes down to legal and necessary always depends on what side your on or who wins.

I'm still disgusted by what means my government will sink to.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:08 AM
There is a distinction between waging a counter-insurgency campaign and genocide. The US millitary does not go in for wholesale slaughter of civilians deliberately; it is not trying to exterminate an entire people.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:08 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: US lied to Britain over use of napalm in Iraq war

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine

I'm sure there were a lot of insurgents present in those populations as he was quelling what he saw as a rebellion, same against the Shia. Maybe he even called them enemy combatants!

That doesn't mean I condone his actions in any way. It all comes down to legal and necessary always depends on what side your on or who wins.

I'm still disgusted by what means my government will sink to.
Great, now your comparing the actions taken by US military personal to those of Saddam. The US military does not target innocent civilians! It is digusting what happen to the thousands of civilians in several towns in the Kurdish north! WHOLE populations in these towns were wiped out by Sarin Gas.

30 MK77 munitions were used against specific military targets over a 3 day period. The use of such minutions in that situation is legal under the CCW. I cannot understand how you could compare this to killing a whole entire town of 5,000 innocent civilians with Sarin Gas.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
#3 My best friend was involved in the assualt on Fallujah. He did not rape anyone nor did any of the other 15,000 Marines and Soldiers who were involved in destroying the terrorist who had taken refuge there and had turned the city into a base for terrorism and torture.
I used the word "rape" in a metaphorical context.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:41 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: US lied to Britain over use of napalm in Iraq war

Quote:
The US military does not target innocent civilians!
Are Arab journalists innocent civilians or terrorists?
Old 06-19-2005, 08:06 PM   #26
New Yorker

Quote:
30 MK77 munitions were used against specific military targets over a 3 day period. The use of such minutions in that situation is legal under the CCW. I cannot understand how you could compare this to killing a whole entire town of 5,000 innocent civilians with Sarin Gas.
Every other civilized country prohibits that type of weapon including our "coalition". How many civilans in a town of 300,000 did we kill? We targeted the town - civilians live in the town - we target civilians.

It's all semantics. Saddam killed 5000, we've accidentially killed up to 100,000 and rising in an illegal invasion. And who sold him the Sarin gas and whose Sec. shook his hand after that incident.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

500 in one incident in a campaign! A single campaign which did kill 180,000, a single campaign in a reign of terror that killed millions. There are the bodies to prove it, buried in mass graves being dug up every day, on the battlefields of wars long past.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:22 PM   #28
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:08 PM

Quote:

Great, now your comparing the actions taken by US military personal to those of Saddam.
Right, we only do that when we want to justify our torturing of prisoners. Then it's OK to compare.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:28 PM   #29
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
500 in one incident in a campaign! A single campaign which did kill 180,000, a single campaign in a reign of terror that killed millions. There are the bodies to prove it, buried in mass graves being dug up every day, on the battlefields of wars long past.
Of course, and many of them are because of US military actions.

The Phillipines is one of the best examples and there was some religious fever thrown into that endevor also. Cambodia and Laos - they're still being maimed or killed every day because of bombies.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:28 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

No, have you seen one statement from this administration justifying abuse of prisoners?

No, I think that these comparisons are a hallmark of the modern left. Every abuse is torture, every death is a genocide, every detention centre is a concentration camp.
Quote:
On March 19, 2004, President Bush asked: "Who would prefer that Saddam's torture chambers still be open?"

Shamefully, we now learn that Saddam's torture chambers reopened under new management – U.S. management.