US blows cover of al-Qaeda double agent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedracer

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Dumb.

But maybe people will shut up about the President manipulating the nationwide terror level for political gain. You can't have it both ways.

(Thread probably should be moved to War. Sorry, I don't hang around here much these days.)

Last edited:
Pfft, its all the same ball of wax these days.

This is almost as bad as when some flunkie told the mass media that we had Bin Ladens sattelite phone hacked, guess what Osama stopped using?

speedracer said:
But maybe people will shut up about the President manipulating the nationwide terror level for political gain. You can't have it both ways.

for some to do so is only reasonable. no one can deny it is a tool at his disposal.

one who does believe such an accusation might see this latest development as the logical conclusion of an orchestration which eliminates the need for the U.S. administration to provide information on its 'war on terror'. whether intentional or not, this is the result, less oversight for captured and accused individuals. i would put money down that that will be a negative development more often than positive.

Here's a story for you. While traveling by bus this weekend, a friend of mine told me this happened in her presence. She was stuck in a bus station next to 2 shabby looking guys. She moved away from them and stood near the desk clerks. After they got on a bus bound for New York and left, she heard the 2 desk clerks discussing that they had been CIA special agents who were riding incognito to stop potential terrorists, and that there were agents on most planes, trains and buses, especially the ones heading to NY. The only reason they revealed themselves to the clerks was so they'd be aware in case of an incident on the bus where they would be forced to take action (such as pull out a gun or seize a terrorist) they would know what was going on.

So my point here is, this was secret, and no one knew save the big mouthed clerks at the bus station. I feel bad even posting this here, I hope none of you are terrorists and I've given away our government's plan;) What I'm trying to say is, this was very undercover and few people knew about it, even the media hasn't latched onto this yet, so if Bush is only trumping things up to keep us scared, why didn't anyone announce this to the world? No, there HAS to be a legitimacy to the threats or this action by the CIA would not have been taken.

Leeloo said:
...and that there were agents on most planes, trains and buses, especially the ones heading to NY.......

There has been A LOT of media coverage concerning Federal Air Marshalls (FAMs), and very little about agents on buses and trains.

FOr a while, they had a shortage of FAMs, and their was a lot of coverage of that. FAMs are quite common on flights headed into and out of all of the cities on the North Eastern Seaborad (US) - and can also be found on a number of other flights. In the airline industry, we are well versed on how to deal with them.

I recently flew to Boston, and was the "first" passenger on the plane - besides the two well dressed gentlemen sitting in first class. Most people will never notice - yet I feel that they are an essential tool for passenger safety and the fight against terrorism!

So on planes they are well dressed to appear as business travelers, while on buses the plan is to appear less affluent, as most who ride buses are? I would think in any situation '2 well dressed gentlemen' would be exactly the 'secret agent' type people would be looking for. I'd suggest more casual, ordinary looks for all agents if they really want to blend in;)

Re: Re: US blows cover of al-Qaeda double agent

kobayashi said:

for some to do so is only reasonable. no one can deny it is a tool at his disposal.

one who does believe such an accusation might see this latest development as the logical conclusion of an orchestration which eliminates the need for the U.S. administration to provide information on its 'war on terror'. whether intentional or not, this is the result, less oversight for captured and accused individuals. i would put money down that that will be a negative development more often than positive.

So what has all this clamoring about the terror alerts being manipulated for political gain gotten us? Here's what my scorecard says:

Before: public kept in the dark about specific WoT tactics.
After: key double agent gets his cover blown, public to be kept even further in the dark about specific WoT tactics in the future.

So in the end, everybody loses.

The has to be some reasonable middle ground upon which the public and our intelligence agencies can agree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom