US 2008 Presidential Campaign Thread - Part 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:21 PM
US 2008 Presidential Campaign Thread - Part 2

Continue discussion here.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

By any reasonable measure, Fred Thompson, the actor-lobbyist-presidential candidate, is off to a rough start. Particularly on policy matters, Thompson has been confused and uninformed about everything from Social Security policy to drilling to Everglades for oil to the 2005 Schiavo controversy.

NBC's "First Read' reports that when Thompson was asked Thursday about Louisiana's "Jena Six" protest of Old South racism on his way into a San Antonio fundraiser, he replied: "I don't know anything about it."

Bush fielded a question about it at his news conference the same day, saying the events in Louisiana had "saddened" him. Thompson's staff said he knew all about the issue but was unfamiliar with the expression "Jena Six."
Old 09-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:21 AM
Wake up, Fred! You're running for President! You're supposed to know this stuff!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

USA Today

Bush: Clinton will win Democratic nomination, lose White House

The pundit-in-chief says Sen. Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic nomination but go on to lose the 2008 presidential election to the Republican candidate.

"She's got a national presence and this is becoming a national primary," President Bush is quoted as saying in a new book by Bill Sammon of The (Washington) Examiner. "And therefore the person with the national presence, who has got the ability to raise enough money to sustain an effort in a multiplicity of sites, has got a good chance to be nominated."

Sammon's new book, The Evangelical President, comes out today. There's an excerpt in this morning's edition of the Examiner.

"I think our candidate can beat her, but it's going to be a tough race," Bush tells the author. "I will work to see to it that a Republican wins and therefore don't accept the premise that a Democrat will win. I truly think the Republicans will hold the White House."
Old 09-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh Georgie
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:21 PM
Well I do hope GWB endorses the Republican candidate, and lends his support in every way...especially if they don't want it.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
"I will work to see to it that a Republican wins and therefore don't accept the premise that a Democrat will win. I truly think the Republicans will hold the White House."
One can only hope that he'll be out there. At every possible campaign stop. Constantly.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:25 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

with racial tensions mounting due to recent events, i think it is cute that thompson, mccain, romney, and guliani refuse to debate at msu this week. heads up republicans: we latinos and blacks are growing year by year. you can corrupt all the voting booths you want, but you can't ignore our voices forever.

if this party wants to drop its bigoted stereotype, the least these guys, esp since they are considered to be the front runners, could do is to participate in a scheduled debate at msu and univision.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #10
She's the One

Local Time: 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
if this party wants to drop its bigoted stereotype
That's a big if.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:21 AM
Quote:
with racial tensions mounting due to recent events, i think it is cute that thompson, mccain, romney, and guliani refuse to debate at msu this week. heads up republicans: we latinos and blacks are growing year by year. you can corrupt all the voting booths you want, but you can't ignore our voices forever.

if this party wants to drop its bigoted stereotype, the least these guys, esp since they are considered to be the front runners, could do is to participate in a scheduled debate at msu and univision.
I agree.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:45 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

these guys all want to win the GOP South Carolina Primary

and other primaries
that are really referendums on who is the White-ist candidate

(these guys know the way to win GOP primaries is to go and hug bigots- like Bob Jones)

they won't be saying much about Jena
except things like

guilty parties (Jena 6) should be punished
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

WASHINGTON (AP) — The campaign of Democratic presidential candidate Chris Dodd said Tuesday a fundraising party for Republican Rudy Giuliani seeking $9.11 each from guests exploits the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks for political purposes.

The Dodd campaign called on Giuliani to refuse the money raised at the event, saying the theme "is absolutely unconscionable, shameless and sickening." A Giuliani spokeswoman said the $9.11 idea was selected without the campaign's knowledge.

"Mr. Giuliani was quick to express much vitriol for the independent ad created by MoveOn.org last week; we would hope he would express the same kind of outrage and indignation about this group that he is the beneficiary of," Colleen Flanagan, a spokeswoman for Dodd, said in a statement released by his campaign.

Giuliani and other GOP presidential candidates strongly criticized the liberal, anti-war group MoveOn.org for a full-page advertisement the group bought in The New York Times. The ad included the headline "General Petraeus or General Betray Us?," a reference to Gen. David Petraeus, the U.S. commander in Iraq.

The Dodd campaign also said Giuliani "should reject and/or return any money raised" through the party, which is to be held Wednesday night at the home of Abraham Sofaer in Palo Alto, California. Giuliani's campaign is sponsoring house parties across the country that night for the candidate's backers.

Sofaer said he had nothing to do with the decision to ask for the $9.11.

"There are some young people who came up with it," Sofaer said when reached by telephone Monday evening. He referred other questions to Giuliani's campaign.

"I'm just providing support for him. He's an old friend of mine," Sofaer said of Giuliani.

Sofaer was a State Department adviser under President Reagan and is a fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution. Federal election data indicates Sofaer has given nearly $50,000 to Republican causes and candidates, including Giuliani, since 1995.

Giuliani spokeswoman Maria Comella said: "These are two volunteers who acted independently of and without the knowledge of the campaign. Their decision to ask individuals for that amount was an unfortunate choice."

According to the invitation, "$9.11 for Rudy" is an "independent, non-denominational grass-roots campaign to raise $10,000 in small increments to show how many individual, everyday Americans support 'America's Mayor."'
Old 09-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Giuliani

very well may be the GOP nominee

and I hope he is

everything Conservatives say about Hillary

is really true for Giuliani,
but only magnified by about 3 times

he is looking more and more

like Nosferatu

Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
WASHINGTON (AP) — The campaign of Democratic presidential candidate Chris Dodd said Tuesday a fundraising party for Republican Rudy Giuliani seeking $9.11 each from guests exploits the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks for political purposes.

The Dodd campaign called on Giuliani to refuse the money raised at the event, saying the theme "is absolutely unconscionable, shameless and sickening." A Giuliani spokeswoman said the $9.11 idea was selected without the campaign's knowledge.

The Ladder to Heaven

Where were you when they built the ladder to heaven?
Did it make you feel like cryin', or did you think it was kind of gay?
Well I, for one, believe in the ladder to heaven.
Oh yeah yeah yeah. 9-11
I said 9-11, 9-11, 9-11, Ni-hi, hi-hine___
Eleven.
Where were you when they ran out of stuff to build the ladder to heaven?

Where were you when they saved that ladder to heaven?

Where were you when they decided heaven was a more intangible idea 'n you couldn't, you couldn't really get there?

-from South Park

......and one from Team America, just for fun

Freedom Isn't Free

What would you do
If you were asked to give up your dreams for freedom?
What would you do
If asked to make the ultimate sacrifice?

Would you think about all them people
Who gave up everything they had?
Would you think about all them War Vets
And would you start to feel bad?

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
No, there's a hefty in' fee.
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?

What would you do
If someone told you to fight for freedom?
Would you answer the call
Or run away like a little pussy
'Cause the only reason that you're here
Is 'cause folks died for you in the past
So maybe now it's your turn
To die kicking some ass

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
Now there's a hefty in' fee
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?

You don't throw in your buck 'o five. Who will?
Oooh buck 'o five
Freedom costs a buck 'o five