US 2008 Presidential Campaign Thread - Part 2 - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #721
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
I've always loved the story of the woman who saw her male colleagues getting promoted one after another in this Alaskan oil company and she couldn't break through the glass ceiling.
Then she left the company, opened her own one, and after, I think, three to five years she was able to buy her former company and immediately dismissed all the managers that wouldn't promote her.
I applaud stories like this.
Matter of fact it reminds me of my brother's wife in the bay area.

Although she's not a vindictive person.

dbs

Old 11-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #722
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:19 PM
Quote:
You guys need to understand my point, the average male doesn't like Hilary because she is bossy and angry and these traits will get nobody elected, regardless of gender--that was my point.

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
[B]

Being abrasive is more acceptable for a male than a female for whatever societale reasons there are, who knows-is it human nature?

Old 11-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #723
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:19 PM
Quote:

On a personal level if I'm such a sexist how can I be happily married to a liberal minded educated woman with a Master's degree who earns well into 6 figures?

If I was some insecure sexist pig-don't you think she'd throw me out?
Well she's a liberal so she's probably a little more empathetic and forgiving.

Quote:

You guys need to understand my point, the average American male doesn't like Hilary because she comes across as bossy and angry, and those traits will get nobody elected, regardless of gender-that was my point.

Are we clear?
Where's this poll you took? How does she come across bossy and angry? Examples would be nice.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #724
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Being abrasive is more acceptable for a male than a female for whatever societale reasons there are, who knows-is it human nature?
Yeah, that's not sexist at all...
Old 11-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #725
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Yeah, that's not sexist at all...
never said it was right though, I only acknowledged that it existed in our society, but didn't say I agreed with it.

dbs
Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #726
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
How do you find her abrasive? I mean, specifically, where do you see abrasiveness in her?
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
How is she bossy and angry? Specific examples, please?
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Where's this poll you took? How does she come across bossy and angry? Examples would be nice.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 PM   #727
ONE
love, blood, life

A Breakdown on Clinton Ratings
By Dalia Sussman

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s ratings in the latest New York Times/CBS News poll suggest that unlike her Democratic rivals, her favorability ratings worsen as voters’ income and education levels increase. The poll also found that Mrs. Clinton was far better known than her opponents, but more than half of those who had an opinion of her had a negative one.
Over all, 42 percent of registered voters have an unfavorable view of Mrs. Clinton, 38 percent have a favorable opinion, and 21 percent do not yet have an opinion. That negative rating is far higher than it is for Senator Barack Obama (21 percent unfavorable) or former Senator John Edwards (28 percent). Indeed, Mrs. Clinton’s negative rating is close to the worst ever measured for her (46 percent) since The Times/CBS News poll began asking about her in 1992.

Mrs. Clinton’s ratings drag among better-educated, higher-income voters. Her favorable rating drops 9 points, from 43 percent to 34 percent, among voters who have been to college, compared with those who have not.
Similarly, 41 percent of registered voters with annual household incomes less than $75,000 express a favorable view of Mrs. Clinton, but just 31 percent of those earning more agree. More than half of higher-income voters questioned view Mrs. Clinton unfavorably.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:52 AM   #728
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:19 PM
But this article doesn't speak about the reasons.
Certainly, it's not saying she appeared to be too bossy and angry to the better educated and richer ones.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #729
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Can you please answer the questions that I quoted?
Old 11-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #730
ONE
love, blood, life

She feels bossy and angry to me.
I think that's why her poll numbers are poor among men in America-as indicated in the post that Mrs Springstten submitted.

dbs
Old 11-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #731
Blue Crack Supplier

The questions I quoted asked for specific examples of instances in which she's come across bossy in interviews or debates or speeches. Saying, "She feels that way" doesn't make the argument.

Do you have any specific examples?
Old 11-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #732
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think that's why her poll numbers are poor among men in America-as indicated in the post that Mrs Springstten submitted.

dbs
You've become such a joke.

But I'm glad you are admitting that it's just you. She feels that way to you, that's because you have issues with women, but that's for another thread. You couldn't back up anything because it was just YOU projecting your ideas on the rest of America.

Admitting it, is the first step.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #733
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:19 PM

Quote:
When Rudy Giuliani steps into the cold winter light of Iowa and New Hampshire, Bernie Kerik's shadow will be right behind him.

Kerik's indictment on multiple corruption charges - many committed while working as Giuliani's bodyguard, jail chief and police commissioner - has all but assured that what some call the "Bernie Business" will never be far away.

Indeed, lawyers have announced that the first pretrial hearing in Kerik's case will be Jan. 16 - smack in the middle of the most critical primary stretch.

That's 13 days after voting begins in Iowa, three days before the South Carolina primary and less than three weeks before 21 states go to the polls on Feb. 5 - a day Team Giuliani considers vital to success.

The worst scenario for Giuliani? He survives the early primaries, only to face the spectacle of a public trial generating daily headlines as the general election heats up next fall - and the possibility of being called as a witness.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #734
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The political reporter at the paper I work for has met Hillary Clinton. He said she was very charming and personable.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #735
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Similar to the way an Arab man in a turban makes some people feel suspicious, I'm sure.