US 2008 Presidential Campaign Thread - Part 2 - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #676
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

That's bs-she is running for President of the US not headmistress of a charm school. That's a double standard. Just like your "shrew" comment was. Unless you call the abrasive men shrews as well.

And personally I have collected several years of diamondbruno wisdom which I read and study every night before I tuck it under my pillow in hopes that it will seep into my brain.
Charm is an electable trait that *any* candidate needs.

"Shrew" is a female term equivalent to "blowhard" on the male side-so settle down.

Sleep well my love.

dbs

Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #677
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

clearly you don't watch enough People's Court.
yes I do!

I love that hot brunette

dbs

Old 11-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #678
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:45 PM
i was referring to the people involved in the cases! abrasive is universal, and not necessarily tied to gender. people all over the spectrum flip out on that show!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #679
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Charm is an electable trait that *any* candidate needs.
Then why don't you ever comment on the lack of charm and/or the shrewlike qualities of any of the male candidates? I can't recall that you have, I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong. Charm is not however a job requirement for the Presidency- you can ask your friend W about that.

I will "settle down" as soon as you apply your standard equally to males and females.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #680
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Then why don't you ever comment on the lack of charm and/or the shrewlike qualities of any of the male candidates? I can't recall that you have, I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong. Charm is not however a job requirement for the Presidency- you can ask your friend W about that.

I will "settle down" as soon as you apply your standard equally to males and females.
I posted several times that Al gore had no charm-that's why he lost to GW.

Fred Thompson has no mojo, I posted this already which means "no charm".

Bill Clinton had plenty of charm/mojo over GHB-that's one of the reasons he won.

Mondale had no charm that's a portion of the reason why he lost in a landslide to Reagan.

C'mon Gina wake up and smell the coffee and as soon as you stop trying to make men women, and women men, you're life will become easier.

Men and women are different- we should celebrate those differences and stop trying to forcefully fuse them together.

dbs
Old 11-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #681
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Men and women are different- we should celebrate those differences and stop trying to forcefully fuse them together.
So, either you are saying that leaders don't have to be strong or you are saying that women shouldn't be president.

Which one is it?

And don't say I'm twisting your words, because this is all based on your criticisms of Hilary.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #682
ONE
love, blood, life

Strong and abarsive are too entirely different traits.

dbs
Old 11-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #683
Blue Crack Supplier

How do you find her abrasive? I mean, specifically, where do you see abrasiveness in her?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #684
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:45 PM
Quote:

Who needs polls when you have diamondbruno wisdom on your side?

or lots of Jack Daniels... same conclusions.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:34 PM   #685
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Gender has nothing to do with it-although men get more of a pass for being abrasive for cultural reasons it could be construed.
If it has nothing to do with it then don't mention it and continue with the ISSUES. Try rising above cultural construes and search for the truth.

Quote:

I have noticed though based on your posts that you seem like one miserale fellow, BVS-especially with the over usage of this smiley:
You can judge my mood in real life based on :smilies: ? Well then I guess I can judge your overall intellect and insecurity issues based on your posts?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #686
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
*Reads recent posts*

Wha...? *Blinks repeatedly*

Any guy who has an issue with Hilary simply because she's *Gasp* strong and forceful needs to get over it, quite frankly. If you don't agree with her on the issues, that's entirely different and makes much more sense (and I'd be inclined to agree with you there). But to not like her simply because she doesn't take crap from people and doesn't back away from expressing her thoughts and is actually as tough as the guys can be (how dare a woman not act like a stereotypical female!), well...

Once again, some people have their priorities in a really odd order.

Angela
Old 11-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #687
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Gender has nothing to do with it-although men get more of a pass for being abrasive for cultural reasons it could be construed.

dbs
Aren't you contradicting yourself? It seems to me if men get more of a pass for being abrasive, than the way people perceive Hillary Clinton has a lot to do with her being a woman.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #688
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades

Aren't you contradicting yourself? It seems to me if men get more of a pass for being abrasive, than the way people perceive Hillary Clinton has a lot to do with her being a woman.
No need for logic in this thread.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #689
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

wake up and smell the coffee and as soon as you stop trying to make men women, and women men, you're life will become easier.

Wow thanks for the helpful advice Ann Landers Why don't you wake up into this century? Your idol Bono knows all about female equality-he gets it. Live it, learn it . It has nothing to do with trying to make men women and women men.

All your comments about the male candidates seem to have to do with their hair and/or their perceived good looks and/or sexual prowess

What is it exactly about Hillary that seems so threatening to you? Because she's not like Laura Bush? Women are individuals, not step in line robots. Just like men are.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #690
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:

dbs
How are they different?