US 2008 Presidential Campaign Thread - Part 2 - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2007, 11:26 PM   #661
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

My question aimed at you was trying to get you to show me how within his few years in the Senate he's been able to already establish an inconsistent record. Examples please...
Guess not...

Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #662
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:10 PM
It really turns me off that Rudy accepted Robertson's endorsement.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #663
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:10 AM
Poll: Clinton lags in quest for male voters

By Jill Lawrence, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — More than eight in 10 Republicans and more than half the married men in a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll say they definitely wouldn't vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.

The poll provides an early snapshot of who's ruling out Clinton, John Edwards and Barack Obama, the three leading candidates for the Democratic nomination.

Clinton, who tops national polls of Democrats, is strongest within her party. Only 10% of Democrats said they'd rule her out; nearly three times as many said they wouldn't vote for Edwards.

The new poll found that Clinton would defeat the leading Republican, Rudy Giuliani, in a hypothetical matchup. Still, some Democrats wonder whether she's potentially unelectable or a drag on candidates lower on the ballot, and rivals such as Edwards say they're better bets.

In a general election, the poll suggests that Clinton has the least potential for winning votes from Republicans — 84% say they definitely would not vote for her, compared with six in 10 for either Obama or Edwards. Independents show the least resistance to Obama and the most to Edwards.

The poll found that 36% of women wouldn't vote for Clinton, compared with 50% of men — and 55% of married men. Obama had comparable appeal to women and more to men. Clinton's appeal overall falls as income rises, the reverse of the findings for Obama.

Pollster Mark Penn, a top Clinton strategist, says Clinton's strength against GOP hopefuls is growing. "With candidates who are lesser known, typically we see the opposite pattern happen," he says, citing 2004 nominee John Kerry as an example. Penn also says her appeal to Republican women is rising, and nearly a quarter of them could defect to her in a general election.

Clinton's unfavorable rating in the poll was 45%, vs. 30% for Obama and 31% for Edwards. "A fairly substantial number of ordinary voters have doubts about her," says Jack Pitney, a political scientist at Claremont McKenna College near Los Angeles.

Even so, he and others say that doesn't mean Clinton is unelectable. Political scientist John White of Catholic University in Washington, D.C., says she benefits from "the demise of the Republican brand" and trends such as more minority and single voters.

Overall, 43% in the poll would not vote for Clinton. Top reasons: They don't like her, her husband or her views. Retired professor Charles Bilbrey of Harrisonburg, Va., 65, a GOP-leaning moderate, calls Clinton "abrasive."

Others cite Clinton's marriage. "My biggest reason is she put up with her husband" after his affair with intern Monica Lewinsky, says Republican Betty Muse, 77, a retired nutrition director in New London, N.C.

Political scientist Gerald Benjamin at the State University of New York at New Paltz says old scandals "certainly will surface" if Democrats nominate her. Mark Mellman, Kerry's pollster in 2004, says they won't matter much. "People know who she is. There's not a lot you can tell them that's going to change their fundamental perception."
Old 11-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #664
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:10 AM
I'm telling the average male runs from women like these, especially when they are attempting to "rule" the feee world.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #665
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
I'm telling the average male runs from women like these, especially when they are attempting to "rule" the feee world.
Well then they really aren't men, now are they?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #666
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Well then they really aren't men, now are they?
Are you casting judgement?
Are you the spokesman for the average American male?

dbs
Old 11-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #667
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Are you?

Hillary is "abrasive". Are men with similar qualities also "abrasive"?

No need to run from her, she's not a serial killer or anything similar.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #668
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Are you casting judgement?
Upon someone who would use gender as a measuring stick? Yes.

And that is exactly what you are doing.

You would never say:
Quote:
I'm telling the average female runs from men like Fred, especially when they are attempting to "rule" the feee world.
BTW, never correct anyone's spelling again. Notice how I kept your mistakes in there?

Quote:

I would never take the role, but I know one thing for sure, you wouldn't even be considered on my ballot.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #669
Blue Crack Addict

November 07, 2007

POLL: Zogby Iowa Democratic Caucus

A new Zogby telephone survey of 502 likely caucus goers in Iowa (conducted 11/6) finds:

* Sen. Hillary Clinton narrowly leads Sen. Barack Obama (28% to 25%) in a statewide caucus; former Sen. John Edwards trails at 21%, Gov. Bill Richardson at 9%. All other candidates trail at less than five percent each.

* When votes for candidates with less than 15% are reallocated*, Clinton receives 30%, Obama 29%, and Edwards 27%.

* *Note: "In the [Democratic] caucuses, a first round of "balloting" is conducted, and those candidates who do not win at least 15% support are ruled "unviable" and supporters are directed to a second choice among those who remained "viable" before a second round of "balloting" is conducted."
Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #670
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
November 07, 2007

POLL: Zogby Iowa Democratic Caucus

A new Zogby telephone survey of 502 likely caucus goers in Iowa (conducted 11/6) finds:

* Sen. Hillary Clinton narrowly leads Sen. Barack Obama (28% to 25%) in a statewide caucus; former Sen. John Edwards trails at 21%, Gov. Bill Richardson at 9%. All other candidates trail at less than five percent each.

* When votes for candidates with less than 15% are reallocated*, Clinton receives 30%, Obama 29%, and Edwards 27%.

* *Note: "In the [Democratic] caucuses, a first round of "balloting" is conducted, and those candidates who do not win at least 15% support are ruled "unviable" and supporters are directed to a second choice among those who remained "viable" before a second round of "balloting" is conducted."
She lost her lead since the debate stumble.

dbs
Old 11-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #671
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Are you?

Hillary is "abrasive". Are men with similar qualities also "abrasive"?

Yes, however:

Being abrasive is more acceptable for a male than a female for whatever societale reasons there are, who knows-is it human nature?

Do these polls indicate she is an irrepressible shrew that I coined her as earlier?

Who needs polls when you have diamondbruno wisdom on your side?

dbs
Old 11-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #672
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Yes, however:

Being abrasive is more acceptable for a male than a female for whatever societale reasons there are, who knows-is it human nature?

Do these polls indicate she is an irrepressible shrew that I coined her as earlier?

Who needs polls when you have diamondbruno wisdom on your side?

dbs
I really hope you're kidding.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #673
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Upon someone who would use gender as a measuring stick? Yes.

And that is exactly what you are doing.

You would never say:

BTW, never correct anyone's spelling again. Notice how I kept your mistakes in there?

I would never take the role, but I know one thing for sure, you wouldn't even be considered on my ballot.
Gender has nothing to do with it-although men get more of a pass for being abrasive for cultural reasons it could be construed.

I have noticed though based on your posts that you seem like one miserale fellow, BVS-especially with the over usage of this smiley:

Cheer up young feller.

good day-

dbs
Old 11-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #674
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

That's bs-she is running for President of the US not headmistress of a charm school. That's a double standard. Just like your "shrew" comment was. Unless you call the abrasive men shrews as well.

And personally I have collected several years of diamondbruno wisdom which I read and study every night before I tuck it under my pillow in hopes that it will seep into my brain.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #675
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yes, however:

clearly you don't watch enough People's Court.