US 2008 Presidential Campaign Thread - Part 2 - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive

Old 11-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #616
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Ms. Perino, it's not "this type of behavior" that is leaving the American people shaking their head. It's the current administration doing that all on their own
Well said. Perino's a real ditz. The few quotes I've heard from her in the past have led me to doing this a few times: .

Shame Kucinich got shot down on the idea of debating whether or not impeachment should be discussed, but at the same time, I'm not all that surprised. God forbid anyone be held accountable for any of the stuff that's happened these last 7 years.

(Feel free to post whatever you think might be of interest, by the way, Lila . Nothing wrong with getting as much information as possible)

I liked that article about how Obama's gaining some Republican support, by the way. That's pretty cool to see that he's managing to unite people from both sides, and that people who may not agree with him on all the issues are still willing to sit down and talk with him and listen to what he has to say. Makes me feel better hearing about that sort of thing happening.

Angela

Old 11-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #617
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

Rovian Strategy 101:

It doesn't matter if it's true or not as long as you say it enough times.

Well played

Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #618
Blue Crack Addict

Fox News said this morning that Pat Robertson is endorsing Rudy. I can't find anything online.

NBC News
updated 15 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - NBC News reports that religious conservative leader Pat Robertson will endorse Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani at a news conference this morning in Washington, D.C.

The nod from Robertson, the founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network, could eliminate some of the concern among so-called "value voters", worried about Giuliani's stance on abortion and gay rights.

In addition to the Robertson-Giuliani endorsement, former presidential candidate Sam Brownback, R-Kan., is expected to throw his support behind the presidential campaign of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., at an Iowa campaign event later today.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #619
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

The nod from Robertson, the founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network, could eliminate some of the concern among so-called "value voters", worried about Giuliani's stance on abortion and gay rights.

This is just sad in so many ways. It's sad that Rudy had to cower into hate just to get some votes, and it's sad that the CR is so desperate they'll take anyone, as long as they just say those magic words.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #620
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

This is just sad in so many ways. It's sad that Rudy had to cower into hate just to get some votes, and it's sad that the CR is so desperate they'll take anyone, as long as they just say those magic words.
QFT. You beat me to it again.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:48 AM   #621
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

This is just sad in so many ways. It's sad that Rudy had to cower into hate just to get some votes,

Last time I time checked, Rudy's position on abortion and gay rights were in the minority, in terms of conservative philosophy. How is he using that to get votes? Rudy didn't force Robertson to endorse him. Robertson could have picked McCain or Brownback or whoever else whose beliefs better fit his.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #622
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Last time I time checked, Rudy's position on abortion and gay rights were in the minority, in terms of conservative philosophy. How is he using that to get votes? Rudy didn't force Robertson to endorse him. Robertson could have picked McCain or Brownback or whoever else whose beliefs better fit his.

but Robertson wants to win. and McCain and Brownback won't win. Rudy probably has the best shot.

and you'll notice how Rudy has strayed from his positions on gun control, abortion, and gay marriage. in fact, after his (2nd? 1st?) divorce, he moved right into the home of a friend Howard Koeppel and his partner of 10 years, Mark Hsiao, and has told the two of them that the second marriage equality becomes reality, he'll officiate their wedding.

he doesn't talk about such things any more, and he's trying to backpedal on this by watering down his support of at least civil unions to very, very basic rights to create same-sex contracts.

so, yes, Rudy is betraying his friends in order to get endorsements from nasty people.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #623
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Then you haven't checked recently...

What do you not understand? Rudy has changed his stance on abortion and gay rights to gain a CR following because these days you really can't run as a Republican without it. He realized that and sold his soul.

I didn't say he forced Robertson to do anything. You're not understanding this are you?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #624
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think it is absolutely telling in every way that Pat Robertson would endorse a pro-choice candidate just because he thinks it's the best chance for Republicans to win.

He never let principles get in the way before.
No serious person would take him seriously, regradless of faith.

I am just gonna write-in former Mayor Anthony Williams of DC on my ballot because he was Mayor of DC on 9/11 and that automatically makes him an expert on terrorism.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #625
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan
I think it is absolutely telling in every way that Pat Robertson would endorse a pro-choice candidate just because he thinks it's the best chance for Republicans to win.

very, very good point.

say what you will about Dobson (and I have) at least he's sticking by his pro-life standards.

i'm wondering if a Rudy vs. Hillary ticket might not actually depress voter turnout.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #626
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan
you know, i've always wondered how much support pro-life democrat would get.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #627
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

from Pat Robertson or any leader of the Christian Right?

None.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #628
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest

from Pat Robertson or any leader of the Christian Right?

None.
well no you're right, not the outspoken wackos on tv. lol they don't count. i meant from the general public.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #629
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

If there were every a prominent pro-life Democrat, maybe we would see. None of the current candidates are.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #630
Blue Crack Addict

http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/1...served_911.php

Flashback: Robertson Agreed That America "Deserved" 9/11
By Greg Sargent - November 7, 2007, 11:00AM

In light of Pat Robertson's endorsement today of former NYC Mayor and Churchillian 9/11 hero Rudy Giuliani, it seems worth recalling that even as the smoke was still rising from the site a few days later, Robertson had this to say about the disaster in a TV appearance with Jerry Falwell:

"God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve," said Falwell, appearing yesterday on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club," hosted by Robertson.

"Jerry, that's my feeling," Robertson responded. "I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror. We haven't even begun to see what they can do to the major population."

Falwell said the American Civil Liberties Union has "got to take a lot of blame for this," again winning Robertson's agreement: "Well, yes."

Subsequent to that, Falwell placed some of the blame for 9/11 squarely on a range of Americans -- civil liberties groups, feminists, homosexuals, abortion rights supporters -- who have tried to "secularize" America. Robertson didn't disagree. Today Rudy gladly accepted his endorsement.