US 2008 Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread - Part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for it to even be considered a wager

I'd have to give you at least 3 to 1 odds

( I guess that means you only have to write 3 and 1/3 nice things or 3 nice things about McCain and 1 nice thing about Palin :shrug: )

You know, the more I hear it, the more I think McCain/Palin have a new campaign song in "Disturbia" by Rihanna.:hmm:

What's wrong with me?
Why do I feel like this?
I'm going crazy now

No more gas in the rear
Can't even get it started
Nothing heard, nothing said
Can't even speak about it
Out my life out my head
Don't want to think about it
Feels like I'm going insane
Yeah

It's a thief in the night
To come and grab you
It can creep up inside you
And consume you
A disease of the mind
It can control you
It's too close for comfort

Put on your break lights
We're in the city of wonder
Ain't gonna play nice
Watch out, you might just go under
Better think twice
Your train of thought will be altered
So if you must faulter be wise
Your mind is in disturbia
It's like the darkness is the light
Disturbia
Am I scaring you tonight
Ain't used to what you like
Disturbia
Disturbia

Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum

Faded pictures on the wall
It's like they talkin' to me
Disconnectin' phone calls
The phone don't even ring
I gotta get out
Or figure this shit out
It's too close for comfort

It's a thief in the night
To come and grab you
It can creep up inside you
And consume you
A disease of the mind
It can control you
I feel like a monster

Put on your break lights
Ain't gonna play nice
Better think twice
Disturbia
Am I scaring you tonight
Disturbia
Disturbia

Release me from this curse I'm in
Trying to remain tame
But I'm struggling
If you can go, go, go
I think I'm going to oh, oh, oh

Put on your break lights
Ain't gonna play nice
Better think twice
Disturbia
Am I scaring you tonight
Disturbia
Disturbia

i think someone's really confused here. i mean, damn.

Katie Couric: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

Sarah Palin: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and, on our other side, the land-boundry that we have with Canada. It's funny that a comment like that was kinda made to … I don't know, you know … reporters.

Couric: Mocked?

Palin: Mocked, yeah I guess that's the word, mocked.

Couric: Well, explain to me why that enhances your foreign-policy credentials.

Palin: Well, it certainly does, because our, our next-door neighbors are foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of. And there…

Couric: Have you ever been involved in any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

Palin: We have trade missions back and forth, we do. It's very important when you consider even national-security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right next to, they are right next to our state.

and there's video, too.

i think someone's really confused here. i mean, damn.

and there's video, too.

Bloody hell. She might be more inarticulate than Bush.:huh: I live 20 minutes from one of our nation's biggest airports. Hundreds of international flights come in here every day, does that mean I can be VP in 2012?!:hyper: I've got foreign policy experience!

Presidential politics was running smack into the delicate negotiations over how to stop further weakening the sagging economy without putting an enormous new burden on taxpayers or rewarding corporations or their executives who share the blame for the woes.

On Capitol Hill, Democratic and Republican negotiators emerged from a closed-door meeting to report an agreement in principle. They said they would present it to the Bush administration in hopes of a vote within days.

Rogers said McCain didn't participate in that meeting, but was in talks with Republican leaders afterward. Conservative Republicans were among the holdouts, and there were indications they were waiting for McCain to make a move before they did.

As Thursday began, McCain said he didn't believe the administration's plan had the votes to pass without changes. "We are running out of time," McCain said. However, he said he still was confident a bipartisan compromise could be reached before markets open on Monday, one that would stabilize the markets, protect taxpayers and homeowners and "earn the confidence of the American people."

He again portrayed his announced halt to campaign events, fundraising and advertising as an example of putting the country ahead of politics. But in doing so he also hoped to get political credit for a decisive step on a national crisis as polls show him trailing Obama on the economy and slipping in the presidential race.

Despite McCain's stated campaigning hiatus, his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, paid a highly visible visit to memorials in lower Manhattan to those killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Democrats derided McCain's claim to have halted his campaign as a political stunt, though Obama himself didn't go that far.

No change yet in McCain debate status

Bloody hell. She might be more inarticulate than Bush.:huh: I live 20 minutes from one of our nation's biggest airports. Hundreds of international flights come in here every day, does that mean I can be VP in 2012?!:hyper: I've got foreign policy experience!

but do those flights come from Russia, a foreign country?

Gosh, I don't know. But, my friend Lindsay's mom teaches German at my old high school, and the exchange students from Germany arrived yesterday, so I'm ready to negotiate with Angela Merkel if necessary.

Have you guys seen the Facebook group I Have More Foreign Policy Experience Than Sarah Palin? It's filled with stuff like this, and it's hilarious.

As Putin rears his head over Alaska?

Is she trying to be funny or is she that stupid?

Stupid:

COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? ... Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: Ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions.

Half of these quotes don't even make sense on a basic English language level.

Literally, the only way to not see her as a huge liability is if you drink the Kool-Aid.

Last edited:
I cannot believe she clarified that by saying, "We're keeping an eye on Russia, and sometimes Putin's plane flies over Alaska."

I keep saying she's stupid and she keeps proving me right.

I am wondering whether blatantly cancelling the VP debate, even with all the criticism that will come McCain's way because of it, might be better in the long run than letting her speak. This is so bad.

I keep saying she's stupid and she keeps proving me right.

I am wondering whether blatantly cancelling the VP debate, even with all the criticism that will come McCain's way because of it, might be better in the long run than letting her speak. This is so bad.

I hope not. I loves me a good trainwreck!:drool:

RE: Pfan. College applications are a bitch.:hug: I'm in the process of trying to transfer now, and I can't bring myself to fill the one out for the school I'm applying to.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom