US 2008 Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread - Part 9 - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #286
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:19 AM
McCain is not involved in writing the legislation. He's not on the conference committee. What is it the action that he'll be doing?

Old 09-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
IMcCain wants to help take action.
What is John McCain going to do in Washington? He doesn't know anything about the economy and he's not a lawyer so he won't be drafting legislation.

So.....he's integral how?

Please people do not lose sight of this pathetic attempt to "postpone" the VP debate. This is how stupid McCain thinks we all are.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #288
Blue Crack Supplier

29 years later, someone has finally attempted to live out Pink Floyd's The Wall album.

Ladies and gentlemen, Sarah Palin!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #289
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
That is brilliant, actually. "Yes, I will gladly postpone the presidential debate and join you in Washington to tackle this problem. However, as both of our VP candidates are clearly able and ready, I propose that the vice presidential debate be held in its place."

Would put the ball back in McCain's court quite nicely.
It is brilliant. There's only one problem: I don't want Biden to have to do it on short notice. I want him to absolutely annihilate Palin and I don't want an unexpectedly early date to reduce the chances of that happening.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
It is brilliant. There's only one problem: I don't want Biden to have to do it on short notice.
If Biden had to do it in 5 minutes and so did she, you'd see an annihilation of epic proportions.

This woman isn't ready to debate a college poli sci class.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #291
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Over on a conservative site they’re saying McCain should send in Palin as a sub to debate Obama. They think this would be great. I can’t fathom the stupidity behind thinking like that, but hey, can you imagine? There would never have been a more one sided debate in history.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #292
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:19 AM

Quote:
That is brilliant, actually. "Yes, I will gladly postpone the presidential debate and join you in Washington to tackle this problem. However, as both of our VP candidates are clearly able and ready, I propose that the vice presidential debate be held in its place."

Old 09-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #293
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maoilbheannacht View Post
The market has already been hurt with all this foot dragging. How long do you think they have to come up with the best bill possible?

What do we have to suffer if they put a shitty bill through just so that something gets done?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #294
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
It is brilliant. There's only one problem: I don't want Biden to have to do it on short notice. I want him to absolutely annihilate Palin and I don't want an unexpectedly early date to reduce the chances of that happening.
Like anitram said, who do you think would be better prepared under short notice, Joe Biden or Sarah Palin?

And she's probably been stuck in study sessions since becoming the VP pick.
Probably why she hasn't spoken to reporters - to busy studying what her positions should actually be.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #295
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Intention of both men aside, when preparing for a profession of any kind who in their right mind wouldn't try to get experience when things get tough. Seeing how the two parties reach a compromise would be very beneficial for the next president. Someone running for that position should listen to everything and get educated because the economy will be one of the biggest issues for a very long time. McCain wants to help take action. Again, why just talk when you can educate yourself and be part of the action?

So they should go to Washington for an education??? Are you serious?

A Congressional debate and brokering of this bill is different from that of any other bill how? Its importance lends nothing to the procedures in which it's debated and brokered. Both of these men already have quite the experience in debate and bill creation.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #296
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:19 AM
I just check Letterman's site. Apparently tonight's guests include Keith Olbermann. This should be interesting, no?

Also on that site:

Top Ten George W. Bush Ideas For Fixing the Economy
Top Ten

10. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

9. Drill Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for loose change

8. Sell cupcakes in front of the White House

7. Flip all them charts upside down

6. Encourage Americans to spend more -- If they don't, Cheney peppers them in the face

5. Most things seem better after half a bottle of Jim Beam

4. Let's just say the Lincoln Memorial is now the Tostitos Lincoln Memorial

3. Invent a car that runs on root beer. Come on, we have an unlimited supply of root beer. And we make it here in America. Am I the only one thinking?

2. Put on a pair of glasses and shoot a moose

1. Is Hillary still available for a 3am phone call?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #297
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

My dream:

Obama: "I respect Senator McCain's decision to postpone his campaign so that he can focus on the economy. I have been focused on the economy every day for the last week. I think that the next President of the United States should be able to handle two things at once--especially when the nation is in crisis. The next President will not be able to "suspend" the military campaign in Iraq or Afghanistan in order to address another issue. The next President will not be able to suspend ______ in order to focus on ____. The next President will have to do many things of great importance at once. As candidates to be the next President of the United States, today's economic situation is a test to see if we are up to the task. I am up to the task. I implore Senator McCain to prove to America that he is, as well."
Old 09-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #298
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
My dream:

Obama: "I respect Senator McCain's decision to postpone his campaign so that he can focus on the economy. I have been focused on the economy every day for the last week. I think that the next President of the United States should be able to handle two things at once--especially when the nation is in crisis. The next President will not be able to "suspend" the military campaign in Iraq or Afghanistan in order to address another issue. The next President will not be able to suspend ______ in order to focus on ____. The next President will have to do many things of great importance at once. As candidates to be the next President of the United States, today's economic situation is a test to see if we are up to the task. I am up to the task. I implore Senator McCain to prove to America that he is, as well."
"I can walk and chew gum at the same time. Can you?"
Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #299
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

McCain invoked "September 11th" in his postponement announcement .
Old 09-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #300
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
McCain is not involved in writing the legislation. He's not on the conference committee. What is it the action that he'll be doing?
Sitting under a desk crying.