US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - The Fifth Installment - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #916
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,249
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Why am I not surprised to see zero criticism in here or in the media of Obama's new religious flier. Apparently Huckabee's subliminal cross was so offensive and out of line, yet Obama is doing nothing wrong. Where's the same level of outrage?
__________________

__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #917
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 03:12 PM
Pot. Kettle. Black.

It's alright for me to do it
__________________

__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #918
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
Why am I not surprised to see zero criticism in here or in the media of Obama's new religious flier. Apparently Huckabee's subliminal cross was so offensive and out of line, yet Obama is doing nothing wrong. Where's the same level of outrage?



erm, you really, really need to stop manufacturing outrage. there wasn't any in regards to Huckabee's cross. there was the accurate analysis that the cross was fully intentional and meant to underscore Huckabee as the "Christian" candidate, which is evidently compelling to some voters who thinks that Christ votes Republican.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #919
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
Why am I not surprised to see zero criticism in here or in the media of Obama's new religious flier. Apparently Huckabee's subliminal cross was so offensive and out of line, yet Obama is doing nothing wrong. Where's the same level of outrage?
Are you just pretending not to see the difference?

I guess the straight talk express is running out of steam...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #920
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,249
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511





erm, you really, really need to stop manufacturing outrage. there wasn't any in regards to Huckabee's cross. there was the accurate analysis that the cross was fully intentional and meant to underscore Huckabee as the "Christian" candidate, which is evidently compelling to some voters who thinks that Christ votes Republican.
Well we disagree, then. The "cross" in the ad was most certainly unintentional. You still didn't answer my question. Where is the same level of attention over Obama's flier? Why can Obama bring his faith into his campaign when all you guys jumped on Huckabee and Romney for doing the same?
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #921
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,249
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Are you just pretending not to see the difference?

I guess the straight talk express is running out of steam...
Enlighten me.
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #922
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


Well we disagree, then. The "cross" in the ad was most certainly unintentional. You still didn't answer my question. Where is the same level of attention over Obama's flier? Why can Obama bring his faith into his campaign when all you guys jumped on Huckabee and Romney for doing the same?




the cross was 100% intentional.

and i really don't care. i wasn't "outraged" by it. Huckabee can say that Jesus Christ himself came down and told him to run for office, and it wouldn't outrage me. it would simple confirm my suspicions that he's a deluded simpleton with an uncommon down-home touch.

i don't know where the "same level" attention is over Obama's flier. i haven't even heard of it. i suppose this has to do with the liberal media conspiracy that keeps good Christians down and secretly promotes muslim candidates who are going to surrender to Iran.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #923
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


Well we disagree, then. The "cross" in the ad was most certainly unintentional. You still didn't answer my question. Where is the same level of attention over Obama's flier? Why can Obama bring his faith into his campaign when all you guys jumped on Huckabee and Romney for doing the same?
Well if you're going to continue to play as if you don't see the difference then I'll spell it out for you.

First there was no outrage over Huckabee's "cross". Intentional or not, I don't care, but he did make the same ad for churches but with a "war on christmas" rant.

Huckabee sold himself as the "if you are Christian you need to vote for me" president, Obama is not doing that. Obama is trying to dispell the stupid rumor of him being Muslim, which is pretty damn sad. Obama has never and will never say the constitution needs to be more like the Bible.

One wants a theocracy the other doesn't. See the difference?
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #924
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,615
Local Time: 06:12 AM
__________________
Vincent Vega is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #925
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 03:12 PM
If they slicked that up a bit it could be worth some votes.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #926
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,615
Local Time: 06:12 AM
You mean making a video that doesn't look like the party were broke?
__________________
Vincent Vega is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #927
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 03:12 PM
I mean making one that emphases that the first lady in waiting is an unpatriotic she-devil who will wield influence over her husband.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #928
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 09:12 PM
This election can turn on clips like that one,
first time in my adult life I am proud of my country?

plus Obama's statement about people's bitterness causing them to "cling" to their guns and "cling" to their religion.

something as simple and meaningless as not wearing a flag pin takes on added importance
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #929
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
This election can turn on clips like that one,
first time in my adult life I am proud of my country?

plus Obama's statement about people's bitterness causing them to "cling" to their guns and "cling" to their religion.

something as simple and meaningless as not wearing a flag pin takes on added importance


maybe they'll go after Obama's little girls next!

tell me again, deep, why Hillary isn't winning with all of the baggage the Obama family apparently has?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #930
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
You mean making a video that doesn't look like the party were broke?



it looked like the Junior High Audio Visual Club produced that piece of trash.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com