US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part III - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #301
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

CEO of Bain & Company (and founded Bain Capital)
CEO of 02 Winter Olympics
Governor of Massachusetts

Rudy had it right when he said Hillary has never run a city, never run a state, never run a business, never met a payroll.

Please, show me Mrs. Clinton's.
Your original question:

Quote:
And I'm not talking about issues or specific beliefs. I'm solely talking about experience and qualification to be commander-in-chief.
So being a CEO, qualifies you for commander-in-chief? Well hell then let's hire Donald Trump. And if this is all you are looking for why did your party go with Bush? Every company he touched turned to rust.

Take a look at Irvine511's post.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #302
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

And by the way, he wasn't the founder of Bain, he was a co-founder of a spin off company Bain Capital, later returned to the original Bain.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #303
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:27 PM
Quote:

Please, show me Mrs. Clinton's.

her what? cock?

because that's all Mr. Giuliani seems to want this election to be run on. who can pretend like he's got the biggest and longest and who can swing it most menacingly in the face of a Mulsim or illegal immigrant or secular humanist.

these resumes are largely in the eye of the beholder. what you might consider a good notch on the belt i might consider to be a disqualifier. Rudy is an excellent example. you have to be a gigantic dickswinging asshole to govern new york city. the presidency is not the same.

the smarmy, oleaginous qualities that make one successful in the business world -- where you've got to deliver for your client, as they do in consulting -- are precisely the wrong qualities i'd want in a president.

if you want to go by resumes, then the most qualified candidate is Bill Richardson. but i'm not voting for him, and i don't think you are either.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #304
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

So being a CEO, qualifies you for commander-in-chief? Well hell then let's hire Donald Trump.

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

she's also a best selling author and Grammy winner.
Or we could elect Mariah Caray.

Personally, I put some value in someone being a CEO. Says to me that they are somewhat trustworthy, smart, decisive, and able to make things successful.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #305
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Or we could elect Mariah Caray.

seriously, do you know how hard it is for me not to write, "fuck off"? because, honestly, i take the time to list a resume for you, and THIS is what you pull out? you whine about no one answering your question, then someone takes the time to do so, and THIS is how you respond?

Quote:
Personally, I put some value in someone being a CEO. Says to me that they are somewhat trustworthy, smart, decisive, and able to make things successful.

how many CEOs do you know?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

seriously, do you know how hard it is for me not to write, "fuck off"? because, honestly, i take the time to list a resume for you, and THIS is what you pull out? you whine about no one answering your question, then someone takes the time to do so, and THIS is how you respond?

Okay, okay, you're right. I apologize. I appreciate the information. My remark was more of a reply to BVS, not you.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #307
Blue Crack Supplier

You "appreciate" it. Good.

Do you recognize it, though?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #308
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Says to me that they are somewhat trustworthy, smart, decisive, and able to make things successful.
CEOs = trustworthy?

Wow, that's a stretch.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #309
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I find it very interesting that conservatives would even bring up "experience" they've chosen the least experienced canidate the last several elections.

Reagan wasn't the most experienced. George Bush(OK, but he was a given being the VP). Dole, come on. And or course George W...
Old 12-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Old 12-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

The Globe also endorsed Senator Obama

WASHINGTON (CNN) — The Boston Herald endorsed Republican John McCain Thursday, praising the Arizona senator for his "brand of courage that is rare in the public arena these days."

The endorsement comes five days after McCain received the backing of Boston's other major newspaper, the Globe. Both papers reach a sizeable number of voters in neighboring New Hampshire.

"There are times in this nation’s history so perilous that they cry out for a steady, experienced leader, a person so trusted that we would put the fate of this country in his hands," the Herald's editorial staff wrote. "This is one of those times, and Sen. John McCain is that person."

"In an age when too many candidates are driven by polls and focus groups, fashioning and re-fashioning their ‘core’ beliefs, McCain is a man of unwavering conviction and integrity," they added. "His values, his beliefs, his goals are what they were when he first entered public life, what they were in 2000 and what they will be a decade from now."

The editorial also states the paper is breaking a "decades-old tradition" by not endorsing both a Republican and a Democratic candidate this election cycle. That decision came, wrote the editorial staff, because they agreed with Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman when he said "no one should let party lines be a barrier to choosing the person we believe is best qualified to lead our nation forward." Lieberman’s remarks came earlier this week, when he announced his own support for McCain’s candidacy.

The endorsement comes the same day an American Research Group poll out of New Hampshire shows McCain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney tied at 26 percent among Republican voters.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #312
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Old 12-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #313
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:27 PM

How it will feel to us guys if Hillary gets elected:

Old 12-22-2007, 12:23 AM   #314
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Why do you continue to shine light on the fact that you are sexist?
Old 12-22-2007, 12:47 AM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

He has no shame about being severely judgemental either.

Probably something against that somewhere in the Book Of Joe Smith (The Ozark Chronicles)