US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
OK so apparently Robert DeNiro supports Obama. If that doesn't seal the deal I don't know what does :wink:

Just for you:

Feb4Deniro.jpg

P.S. George Clooney too! :drool:

U2democrat said:
OK so apparently Robert DeNiro supports Obama. If that doesn't seal the deal I don't know what does :wink:

I switched over because the Obama girls

are hotter than Hill's blue hairs

he followed my lead :yes:

don't get me wrong
those blue hair's got enough experience to put me in an early grave

Call me crazy but I'm more impressed by RFK, Jr.'s, endorsement of Hillary than Hollywood's endorsement of Obama.

Sure

I'll call you crazy

all call you any thing you want:wink:

this is no longer about things that matter

there is a sea change in America

hell the world

why swim against the tide?

I still feel like Obama is seeking the nomination based more on symbolism than anything else. Oprah loves me, I sat in Paul Wellstone's chair in the Senate, my mom & dad met while dad was on a grant Kennedy supported, Hollywood endorses me! Christen me King, it's fated!! I feel like everyone's OD'd on the frigging Kool-Aid and I'm just standing there scratching my head going wtf is going on??

joyfulgirl said:
I still feel like Obama is seeking the nomination based more on symbolism than anything else. Oprah loves me, I sat in Paul Wellstone's chair in the Senate, my mom & dad met while dad was on a grant Kennedy supported, Hollywood endorses me! Christen me King, it's fated!! I feel like everyone's OD'd on the frigging Kool-Aid and I'm just standing there scratching my head going wtf is going on??

dude youre so right.

joyfulgirl said:

com'on

there is a tremendous thirst in the country and world right now
and the kool aid is very satisfying

believe me
I finally tried it

I'm in
join me,

there will be fabulous parties all over tomorrow night
let's get together and share an Obama girl between us:flirt:

joyfulgirl said:
Christen me King, it's fated!!

That is actually the feeling I have about Hillary. Like she feels this presidency is OWED to her and goddamn she's gonna go out and get it.

2816 is the most vocal of his supporters, I think.

There are also a number of Dems (including myself) who find him to be the best candidate possible from the GOP.

SWEET!
yeah its going to be my first time voting so im really stoked. im pretty moderate i'd have to say. but mccain is the only one i would vote for.
romney :barf:
and i dont like hillary or obama

As much as I don't like McCain, it is great watching the ExtremeHate wing of the Republicans go berserk over his possible win. Limbaugh, Coulter etc - I read what they're saying and I can only imagine red eyes, frayed hair, froth coming out of the side of their mouths. I've got to watch a bit of Fox over the next couple of days, witness the implosion. They go on and on about how Republicans don't like him, but he's winning IN A VOTE OF REPUBLICANS, and building steam too. Their kind of people, the absolute nutcases and corporatists, are losing.

I think they're so afraid because they know it's a clear sign that their old demographic, given a bit of thinking time (you know, 7 years, but no-one said they were smart), have finally (FINALLY!) realised they've been taken for a massive ride. They're freaking out because they're losing their little bit of evil turf. The realisation that the US right has been wrong, dramatically wrong, has set in, and that's not good for book sales.

Last edited:
EdgeIsTooSexy said:
SWEET!
yeah its going to be my first time voting so im really stoked. im pretty moderate i'd have to say. but mccain is the only one i would vote for.
romney :barf:
and i dont like hillary or obama

I can't vote, and I'm terribly frustrated by that.

you have to be turning 18 before the general election right?
b/c im still 17....

Earnie Shavers said:
As much as I don't like McCain, it is great watching the ExtremeHate wing of the Republicans go berserk over his possible win. Limbaugh, Coulter etc - I read what they're saying and I can only imagine red eyes, frayed hair, froth coming out of the side of their mouths. I've got to watch a bit of Fox over the next couple of days, witness the implosion. I think they're so afraid because they know it's a clear sign that their old demographic, given a bit of thinking time (you know, 7 years, but no-one said they were smart), have finally (FINALLY!) realised they've been taken for a massive ride. They're freaking out because they're losing their little bit of evil turf. The realisation that the US right has been wrong, dramatically wrong, has set in, and that's not good for book sales.

I agree with some of this. I guess I've never stopped to think about if I'm more of a moderate or more of a far-right Republican. I hope I can accurately say I'm a moderate, especially considering my top two candidates have always been Giuliani and McCain as opposed to people like Romney or Huckabee. Seeing Limbaugh & Co attacking McCain just turns me off to them.

anitram said:

That is actually the feeling I have about Hillary. Like she feels this presidency is OWED to her and goddamn she's gonna go out and get it.

At least she's worked her ass off. I've been trying to keep an open mind about Obama and while I'm looking for more substance I'm seeing more fluff. I'm so disillusioned at this point I don't even know if I'm going to vote tomorrow. I'll vote in November but I don't like my choices tomorrow. I feel crazy. :sad:

deep said:

What do the

McCain Girls

look like?

I seen his mom, not bad.

His daughter Meghan is beautiful. :drool:

She's got an interesting blog, too.

His wife's also pretty good looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom