US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think voting against a candidate is every bit as valid as voting for one. Voting against doesn't feel as good as voting for, but I think it's often actually more important. Why? Because it doesn't give you the rush voting for someone you really like does, but you do it for the greater good, even if it makes you want to puke.

joyfulgirl said:

I sincerely hope would-be say-at-homes will have a look at Hillary Clinton's voting record which indicates a solid left-leaning liberal .

All I can say Ms Joyful is that if Hillary had a fraction of your grace she would stand a chance, but she doesn't therefore there's no hope for her but only Obama.

:)

dbs

indra said:
I think voting against a candidate is every bit as valid as voting for one. Voting against doesn't feel as good as voting for, but I think it's often actually more important. Why? Because it doesn't give you the rush voting for someone you really like does, but you do it for the greater good, even if it makes you want to puke.

I agree. And when I switch my thinking from "I hate for voting for this person" to "I enjoy voting against this person" then I feel like it was a good day after all.

I do understand the inclination not to vote at all. I did it once, but my vote didn't matter so much that year, and I knew it wouldn't. The Democrat won easily.

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:
I agree. And when I switch my thinking from "I hate for voting for this person" to "I enjoy voting against this person" then I feel like it was a good day after all.

Well, that does give me hope. There's always Nader, after all. :wink:

Alrighty now, discussion is officially moved to the next giganto election thread which can be found here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom