US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part Catorce! - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #466
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
"Rush has such amazing experience."

At what? Being an arrogant blowhard and popping pills illegally prescribed to him after visiting a nation famous for it's underage prostitution?

It's what what every girl wants.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #467
ONE
love, blood, life

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/timepol...tablethanobama

I just saw that article on the Yahoo! homepage, and I thought it was very interesting.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 AM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:10 AM
The scare tactics are starting already. Yeah it's been so prosperous and peaceful the last 8 years.

(AP)WASHINGTON — President Bush, rallying conservatives for a battle against Democratic presidential hopefuls Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, says "prosperity and peace" are at stake in the upcoming election for his successor.

"We have had good debates and soon we will have a nominee who will carry the conservative banner into this election and beyond," Bush said in prepared remarks of a speech he was to give Friday to the Conservative Political Action Conference.

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," the president said in speech excerpts the White House released on Thursday night. "So with confidence in our vision and faith in our values, let us go forward ... fight for victory ... and keep the White House in 2008."

Bush is not expected to mention by name John McCain, who almost surely will be the GOP's presidential nominee. Conservatives are resigned to seeing McCain lead the Republican ticket, but the Arizona senator has a long history of disputes over economic and social issues with the party's right flank.

It remains unclear whether conservative voters will stay at home in November, or try to influence McCain's positions _ and his choice of a running mate. In his own defense, McCain says he is a true conservative and has lined up endorsements of many conservative political leaders.

After Republican Mitt Romney announced on Thursday that he was suspending his campaign, Bush had to pencil in minor changes to his speech, making it more forward-looking to the November election. Still, the White House says it's not time yet for Bush to formally weigh in on the election.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #469
She's the One

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
The scare tactics are starting already. Yeah it's been so prosperous and peaceful the last 8 years.

(AP)WASHINGTON — ...

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," the president said

Is he fucking HIGH?

The economy is taking a shit due to deregulation of the banking industry and Republican-encouraged corporate greed. 3000 Americans are dead in a war for oil, and this idiot claims that his party is the party for prosperity and peace?!?!

People who think he's a good president are stupid.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #470
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Quote:
(AP)WASHINGTON — President Bush, rallying conservatives for a battle against Democratic presidential hopefuls Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama, says "prosperity and peace" are at stake in the upcoming election for his successor.
And I thought John Howard was a moron when he said similar things about his government and Australia! I echo martha: is he fucking high?!

Hopefully American voters, like Australian voters last year, won't fall for this kind of utter nonsense and claptrap.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

By "peace" I assume he means no terrorist attacks on US soil, that's an extremely narrow definition. But it will suffice for his purpose in making such an statement, right?

I have no explanation for the "prosperity" part other than it means a Democrat as President=high taxes. As we all know the tax breaks given to the wealthy are making us all so prosperous right now
Old 02-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #472
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

"Prosperity and peace are in the balance," the president said in speech excerpts the White House released on Thursday night. "So with confidence in our vision and faith in our values, let us go forward ... fight for victory ... and keep the White House in 2008."
Ah, yes, the fear campaign starts again.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #473
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

3000 Americans are dead in a war for oil, and this idiot claims that his party is the party for prosperity and peace?!?!

oh come on. give him at least a little more credit.

it's nearly 4000 dead in Iraq.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

Hahaha, the good people over at Fox really don't think McCain is a Republican.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Hahaha, the good people over at Fox really don't think McCain is a Republican.

That makes how many times they label republicans they don't like as Democrats? They did it with Mark Foley and Arlen Spector, I doubt those are the only ones.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #476
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

People who think he's a good president are stupid.
Come on martha, you only sound stupid when you say something like that.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #477
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Come on martha, you only sound stupid when you say something like that.
You know, I would actually tend to agree with you there. It is a generality. Then I look back at the past 8 years. I have no personal dislike for Bush as a person, believe it or not. However, anyone who could look back at the policies and plans carried out by the Bush administration and come to a conclusion that he's done a good job would have to be a bit off, at the least. Unless deceptively being pushed into a bloody, unnecessary war, having a welfare and aid response system in shambles (as revealed by the Bush administration's disastrous response to Katrina), having an economy in the toilet, an education plan that has widened the gap between wealthy schools and those truly left behind in the inner cities, and unconstitutional acts that take away civil rights, are good things in one's eyes, then, yes, it doesn't make Martha's argument sound stupid at all. Imagine that, our fearless leader has actually managed to screw things up so badly, that we shouldn't even need a debate about whether or not good has come from his administration. Well done W.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #478
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Oh my God. Thank you so much John McCain for the endless hours of entertainment that are yet to come

That is priceless
Old 02-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #479
Rock n' Roll Doggie

What do you know? Pennsylvania might matter for once in the primaries. Just in case I changed my registration from no party affiliation.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #480
ONE
love, blood, life

Good to know FOX News has excellent fact-checkers! Those minor details like the political affiliation of a viable presidential candidate are easy to screw up!