US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yours and Martha's participation is duly requested.
So please scoot over there now.

Thank you,

dbs

edited for the word duly:angry:

Last edited:
2238157022_84055b7496.jpg

Racism is dead, right?

I read an interesting article a few weeks ago about cartoonists and the racist/sexist concerns in drawing Clinton and Obama. Can't remember where, it might have been msnbc.com.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
2238157022_84055b7496.jpg

Racism is dead, right?

Uh, they do realize that the house is in fact, white, right? It has nothing to do with the ethnicity of the people living there.:shh: Bult yeah, original joke, I haven't heard that 1,000 times already.

igonance

is a wonderful thing

so
will it be the gray house?

because he is no more black
than he is white :shrug:

the color of blood

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/27/mccain-hate-radio/

Hate Radio Upset That John McCain Doesn’t Hate As Much As They Do

In Ohio yesterday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) appropriately apologized after right-wing talk radio host Bill Cunningham opened his campaign rally by pejoratively referring to Sen. Barack Obama’s middle name Hussein while calling him “a hack.” “I did not know about these remarks, but I take responsibility for them. I repudiate them,” McCain told reporters.

McCain’s repudiation stung Cunningham, who bellowed against the senator on his show later in the day. Cunningham claimed McCain “threw me under the bus for the national media” and then said that he would now “throw” his “support behind Hillary Clinton.”

Cunningham’s “hate radio” brethren, such as Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, joined him in indignation over McCain’s apology

Right-wing radio host Mark Levin, who also blogs for National Review, called McCain a “loser” for distancing himself from Cunningham’s caustic comments.

Because he won’t stoop to their low rhetorical level, right-wing radio is now telling McCain that he can “say good-bye to any hope of winning over the conservative base.” Apparently McCain doesn’t have enough hate for “hate radio.”

UPDATE: Even Karl Rove says that conservatives shouldn’t demagogue Obama’s middle name if they don’t want to appear “bigoted.”

MrsSpringsteen said:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/27/mccain-hate-radio/

Hate Radio Upset That John McCain Doesn’t Hate As Much As They Do

In Ohio yesterday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) appropriately apologized after right-wing talk radio host Bill Cunningham opened his campaign rally by pejoratively referring to Sen. Barack Obama’s middle name Hussein while calling him “a hack.” “I did not know about these remarks, but I take responsibility for them. I repudiate them,” McCain told reporters.

McCain’s repudiation stung Cunningham, who bellowed against the senator on his show later in the day. Cunningham claimed McCain “threw me under the bus for the national media” and then said that he would now “throw” his “support behind Hillary Clinton.”

Cunningham’s “hate radio” brethren, such as Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, joined him in indignation over McCain’s apology

Right-wing radio host Mark Levin, who also blogs for National Review, called McCain a “loser” for distancing himself from Cunningham’s caustic comments.

Because he won’t stoop to their low rhetorical level, right-wing radio is now telling McCain that he can “say good-bye to any hope of winning over the conservative base.” Apparently McCain doesn’t have enough hate for “hate radio.”

UPDATE: Even Karl Rove says that conservatives shouldn’t demagogue Obama’s middle name if they don’t want to appear “bigoted.”

:rolleyes: These radio personalities are just the lowest of the low. Good for McCain for distancing himself from the comment.

U2democrat said:

Waits to get attacked because Obama happens to be photogenic

You should start a WARNING: Extremely sexy Barack Obama picture (All Obama Drooling Here Please) thread.

WARNING: Extremely sexy John McCain picture (All McCain Drooling Here Please) ?

The first is a photo of him greeting Hillary in Atlanta, the second is a photo of him whispering to Obama at a church in Selma.

onebloodonelife said:

:rolleyes: These radio personalities are just the lowest of the low. Good for McCain for distancing himself from the comment.

Agreed. I don't think it's a bad thing that conservative radio hates McCain. Maybe when the general election starts we can have a conversation about ideas and issues, not hatred and histrionics.

That's a cute t-shirt. If you're Irish do you get it for free?

Ancestry.com has uncovered the Irish roots of Barack Obama. The Senator’s third great grandfather was born in Ireland and immigrated to the United States in 1850.

Ancestry.com, the world’s largest online resource for family history which recently discovered Al Sharpton’s shocking connection to Strom Thurmond, has discovered that presidential hopeful Barack Obama has Irish branches in his family tree. More than a century and a half ago, 19-year-old Falmouth Kearney, Obama’s third great-grandfather, sailed from Ireland, landing in New York harbor on March 20, 1850.

Settling initially in Ohio among Irish relatives, Falmouth married, had eight children, and eventually moved to Indiana. Three of Falmouth’s daughters married three brothers with the last name Dunham. Obama’s mother is descended from one of these couples — her birth name was Dunham.

Falmouth was among the thousands of Irish immigrating to America to escape the late 1840s potato famine in Ireland. By 1860, New York City had the largest Irish population in the world — a quarter of its residents had been born in Ireland.

If Obama succeeds in his presidential aspirations, he won’t be the first Commander in Chief with ties to Ireland. Ronald Reagan’s great-grandfather, Michael O’Regan, was born in Ireland in the 1820s, as was John F. Kennedy’s great-grandfather, Patrick Kennedy.

In fact, JFK’s home state of Massachusetts boasts the highest per capita Irish population with 24 percent of its residents claiming Irish heritage. Interestingly, the White House was also designed by Irishman James Hoban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom