US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2861U2 said:

His daughter Meghan is beautiful. :drool:

She's got an interesting blog, too.

His wife's also pretty good looking.

I mean dancing girls

like the Obama girl > google it

just close the door so your mom does not see

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:

At least she's worked her ass off. I've been trying to keep an open mind about Obama and while I'm looking for more substance I'm seeing more fluff. I'm so disillusioned at this point I don't even know if I'm going to vote tomorrow. I'll vote in November but I don't like my choices tomorrow. I feel crazy. :sad:

I don't think you are crazy. You should vote for whomever you want to vote for. Go with your gut instinct in the end.

At this point I would vote for Obama, and a large part of that is that I think he would be much better up and down the Dem ticket in the fall than Hillary would.

anitram said:

I don't think you are crazy. You should vote for whomever you want to vote for. Go with your gut instinct in the end.

At this point I would vote for Obama, and a large part of that is that I think he would be much better up and down the Dem ticket in the fall than Hillary would.

:up:

Too bad the good folks of Canadia can't vote :wink:

joyfulgirl said:
I still feel like Obama is seeking the nomination based more on symbolism than anything else. Oprah loves me, I sat in Paul Wellstone's chair in the Senate, my mom & dad met while dad was on a grant Kennedy supported, Hollywood endorses me! Christen me King, it's fated!! I feel like everyone's OD'd on the frigging Kool-Aid and I'm just standing there scratching my head going wtf is going on??

There's plenty in Hollywood supporting Clinton as well. Don't let the Hollywood support of any candidate influence you. Spielberg is behing Clinton, as are many others (Streisand,...). And a Republican's wife, albeit part of the 'Kennedy clan' is supporting Obama (Maria Shriver, aka Mrs. Schwarzenegger).

Voting for Obama tomorrow :up:

phillyfan26 said:
There are also a number of Dems (including myself) who find him to be the best candidate possible from the GOP.

McCain can easily beat Obama.

capt.f3392d2b8aa340339336d5a857b4831c.obama_2008_njca101.jpg

phillyfan26 said:
Care to explain what "Hillary Lite" means?

:|
You should research it yourself, but here's a nibble:

From the NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

Sunday, Feb. 20, 2005 11:16 a.m. EST
McCain: Hillary Would Be Good President

Maverick Republican Sen. John McCain said Sunday that his New York colleague, Sen. Hillary Clinton, would do well if she becomes president of the United States.

"I am sure that Senator Clinton would make a good president," McCain told NBC's "Meet the Press," as both he and Clinton were being interviewed from Baghdad.

Story Continues Below

While noting that as a Republican, he'll be supporting the GOP nominee in 2008, McCain reiterated, "I have no doubt that Senator Clinton would make a good president."

Asked whether she thought McCain would make a good president, Sen. Clinton was somewhat less effusive, responding tersely, "Absolutely" - before erupting in her familiar cackle.

At that, "Meet the Press" host Tim Russert quipped, "We may have a fusion ticket, right here."

During a July 2001 "MTP" broadcast, Russert showed McCain a copy of NewsMax Magazine, which featured the Arizona senator and Clinton on the cover under the headline "Democrats' Dream Ticket?"

"They're predicting a John McCain-Hillary Clinton ticket," Russert announced.

"That's wonderful," McCain responded.

"So we can toss that one away?" asked Russert.

"I think so," McCain said. "I think - ah - I think that's - ah - ah - look, I've - I am a proud Republican. Yet I hope that I've been able to maintain the tradition of Theodore Roosevelt and Barry Goldwater."

Diemen said:
You and your brother seem to have a penchant for the one-off photo. :wink:

jma.jpg

I have 5 siblings (that is how they got in the mormon club, me - i'm out)

and we all think and act independently of each other

I am the one that has said all along that

I expect to vote for the Democratic nominee in Nov

that would be for Obama over Romney

and I would feel good about voting for Hillary

I just believe what Obama is campaigning on in this primary

makes him extremely vulnerable in a contest with McCain

Last edited:
deep said:

jma.jpg

I have 5 siblings (that is how they got in the mormon club, me - i'm out)

and we all think and act independently of each other

Are you and Diamond really brothers? Or am I missing an inside joke? If it's true, that's kinda cool!

anitram said:

Thank you. Always good advice. Childish impulse not to vote at all aside, I'm leaning towards Hillary right now but it is so half-hearted. I think she has a better chance of beating McCain and right now that's where I'm coming from. I also don't think she would be a terrible President. She would do things I disagree with, as well as good things, no doubt...but I honestly believe she has a deeper grasp of the issues overall than any candidate on either side right now, and she is certainly competent. As I've always said, I'll vote in November for the Democrat, who ever it is--or more accurately I suppose, I'd be voting against the Republicans.

diamond said:
You're still on the Church records-just in case we're right I suppose.

dbs

I respect your right to believe

please respect my right not to believe

when they last contacted me

I asked them to remove my name

you are always welcome to come down and visit me.

joyfulgirl said:

At least she's worked her ass off. I've been trying to keep an open mind about Obama and while I'm looking for more substance I'm seeing more fluff. I'm so disillusioned at this point I don't even know if I'm going to vote tomorrow. I'll vote in November but I don't like my choices tomorrow. I feel crazy. :sad:

In what sense has Obama NOT worked his ass off (other than the obvious--fewer years in the Senate. Again it wasn't like up until he was elected to the Senate he was just another charismatic speaker at home watching TV)?

Don't judge Obama based on the hype. He does have actual stances, you know. Are they good ones in your opinion? Or are you just turned off by all the people with stars in their eyes? If so, that's not really a fair or substantive judgement of Obama.

Finding fault with Obama based soley on the enthusiasm surrounding him shows no more depth than jumping on his bandwagon just because he's a "rock star" and has Hollywood endorsements.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You think someone would make that up for cool points?:wink:

No, I suppose not :)

Just goes to show that having been around here two years--I'm still a new guy on the block.

I don't know why, but I just think that's so cool!

maycocksean said:

In what sense has Obama NOT worked his ass off (other than the obvious--fewer years in the Senate. Again it wasn't like up until he was elected to the Senate he was just another charismatic speaker at home watching TV)?

Don't judge Obama based on the hype. He does have actual stances, you know. Are they good ones in your opinion? Or are you just turned off by all the people with stars in their eyes? If so, that's not really a fair or substantive judgement of Obama.

Finding fault with Obama based soley on the enthusiasm surrounding him shows no more depth than jumping on his bandwagon just because he's a "rock star" and has Hollywood endorsements.

My opinion is not at all solely based on who else is supporting him. It was a quick reaction to photos of the dog and pony show of celebrities supporting him. I have no beef at all with celebrities making their support and political opinions known. It was a frustrated response from what continues to appear to me to be a lot of la la land change change change talk and when I really listen to him I don't see where all this change is going to come from. We've been through this already in here and I don't have the energy right now to get into it deeper. I still just have the sense he can't deliver. Believe me, if he is the candidate and the President, I will support him and will be waiting enthusiastically to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom