US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread #6 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #301
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:07 PM
Bill Clinton should keep his distance from Obama and Axelrod.

They lied about and distorted his record as President.

Hillary should play ball, she's in the Senate

Obama deserves very little if anything from Bill Clinton.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #302
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:07 AM
Doesn't justify him denigrating Obama that way, no matter how he thinks his Presidency was being distorted.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #303
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
Doesn't justify him denigrating Obama that way, no matter how he thinks his Presidency was being distorted.
What are you talking about ?

The "hearsay" that some tabloid printed ?
Old 06-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #304
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Bill Clinton should keep his distance from Obama and Axelrod.

They lied about and distorted his record as President.

Hillary should play ball, she's in the Senate

Obama deserves very little if anything from Bill Clinton.
Considering the way Bill treated him during the primary, I don't think Obama is crying over the lack of enthusiastic support.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #305
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
What are you talking about ?

The "hearsay" that some tabloid printed ?
Since that is what was discussed in the previous four or five posts, yes, the same as you were indirectly reacting to that.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #306
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Considering the way Bill treated him during the primary, I don't think Obama is crying over the lack of enthusiastic support.
How did he treat him?
Old 06-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #307
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
Since that is what was discussed in the previous four or five posts, yes, the same as you were indirectly reacting to that.
I read the whole article

not just the "kiss my ass" part

the article is speculation if Clinton ever even said that, it is only a tabloid grabbing headline.

There were several Democratic Candidates running, and they all had the decency to treat Bill Clinton, a popular former Democratic president with the respect he earned.

Only one candidate, with a Rove-style adviser, heading his campaign. sank to distorting and lying about Bill Clinton's record.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #308
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
How did he treat him?
Pretty dismissively, I thought. I certainly detected a rather obvious lack of respect for a fellow Democratic presidential candidate coming from Bill. Particularly with the Jesse Jackson comment in North(?) Carolina. There were some other comments that just seemed unnecessarily divisive, too.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #309
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Only one candidate, with a Rove-style adviser, heading his campaign. sank to distorting and lying about Bill Clinton's record.
Oh give me a freaking break. Rove-style advisor? Really??
You're so completely over the top when it comes to describing Obama that it's laughable.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Pretty dismissively, I thought. I certainly detected a rather obvious lack of respect for a fellow Democratic presidential candidate coming from Bill. Particularly with the Jesse Jackson comment in North(?) Carolina. There were some other comments that just seemed unnecessarily divisive, too.
It was likely that Obama would do well in South Carolina because of the high numbers of Democratic African American voters and to cite Jesse Jacksons 88 and 92 Presidential runs is not racist. Jackson mobilized great numbers of new voters that helped Clinton win in 1992.

It was a fair question. How did Obama do in the some of the neighboring States, the so called Appalachian states?

The lack of respect you detected? Did Edwards get this lack of respect?

Did Edwards say we have to go back to Reagan for a President that united people. Bill Clinton had a popularity rating consistently in the 60+ range? Who was disrespectful?
Old 06-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh give me a freaking break. Rove-style advisor? Really??
You're so completely over the top when it comes to describing Obama that it's laughable.
You obviously have not done much looking into how campaigns are run.

Print all the smileys you want
or do a little investigative work.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #312
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I never said it was racist, I said it was dismissive. When your public reaction to an opponent winning a state is to essentially say "well, some other guy who had no chance of winning won this state before" - I consider that pretty dismissive.

Besides, if we're going to get all specific, I think you can find plenty of instances where the Clintons were just as disrespectful (if not moreso) to Obama. I know Bill is your golden boy, but let's get realistic here.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #313
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
I read the whole article

not just the "kiss my ass" part

the article is speculation if Clinton ever even said that, it is only a tabloid grabbing headline.

There were several Democratic Candidates running, and they all had the decency to treat Bill Clinton, a popular former Democratic president with the respect he earned.

I really hope that's true, i.e. it's a lie. So far I've got a lot of respect for Bill Clinton and really would be very sad and disappointed if he was such a bad loser.

It wasn't like Obama was getting up one day starting to say "Bill Clinton was not the President everyone seems to think he was", at least not as far as I recall, but that Bill Clinton started playing an active role in the election campaign, e.g. with the Jackson remark, which Obama's campaign reacted to.

This primary was pretty much a give and take between Obama and Clinton. If you want to call the one adviser Rove-like, it would only be fair to do the same with the other, though in my opinion both were still lengths away from that person you name there.

You are always blaming Obama supporters of being blinded by their candidate and too biased to see fault with what Obama does or says, yet you are always picking on what Obama does wrong, where he might make a mistake, where he isn't clear enough or where he might be or is contradicting himself or shifting from his positions.
On the other hand, like you say that many Obama supporters aren't addressing those issues I don't recall any incident where you really showed the same objective analysis in regards to one of the Clintons. When the Obama supporters come to defend him, you come to defend the Clintons. That's really confusing for me.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #314
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
You obviously have not done much looking into how campaigns are run.

Print all the smileys you want
or do a little investigative work.
Please, deep. If there is anything that's obvious around here, it's that it's impossible for you to objectively discuss Obama. I wouldn't call it hatred, but you obviously have some extremely strong biases against him. And given some of the angles the Clinton campaign has tried on Obama, I find it laughable that you're trying to point the "Rove" finger squarely at Obama. Were I a more religious man I might refer to removing the log from your eye before helping with the speck in your brother's.*

*Note that I do admit that the Obama campaign responded with jabs in kind to the jabs from the Clinton campaign. Both sides are guilty of... less than lofty campaigning.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #315
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post

I don't recall anyone ever saying McCain would have to kiss their ass before they'd support him.

Also, I don't remember an ex-President of the United States (or anyone with similar standing and influence in the republican party) saying such things about McCain.
You do realize that article is hearsay from a tabloid, right?