US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the McCain campaign running such intensely negative ads if they are so far ahead in the polling?

This is the classic move of somebody trying to catch up.

Oh well, more wolves!!!

Why is the McCain campaign running such intensely negative ads if they are so far ahead in the polling?

This is the classic move of somebody trying to catch up.

Oh well, more wolves!!!

what's more telling is the amount of bitching the democrats are engaging in regarding the negative ads. typically whining democrats means winning republicans.

Rasmussen has new polling data for Alaska, North Dakota and New Mexico.

Alaska

McCain 64%
Obama 33%

North Dakota

McCain 55%
Obama 41%

New Mexico

McCain 49%
Obama 47%

Suddenly it appears New Mexico is back in play. A McCain victory in New Mexico would prevent Obama from winning simply by picking up Colorado and Iowa.

That's a fantastic response. :up:

I also notice a peculiar lack of voices rising in defense of these McCain ads & faux controversies. Perhaps because even his strongest supporters know he went too far? Though I also notice that most aren't quite maverick enough to stand up against them, either.

diemen,

im sooo disappointed in you.
you of all ppl-the prince of nuance, reader between all lines.

it wasn't overt, it was oblique reference and the "candidate of change" is acting like the community activist rebel rouser that he is.
So much for substance.

by referring to mccain as stinky old fish wrapped a newspaper and he and joe w a calculated attack on palin,(both using the word lipstick w/in a few days) the dem ticket is taking on water. It's apparent it was planned talking point, and it's backfiring.-but go ahead ignore me now, find me later.

perhaps joe will have to get "sick" and O will beg Hil to save the ticket, and we'll all just say No to Hil and O.

<>

That is beyond awesome.

Sadly, I wonder if it's a problem for him that he tends not to speak in sound bytes. I wonder if that's all the information that some Americans are capable of processing at one time.

The "pig" statement may or not have been intentional (gauging by the audience's uprorious laughter, they either thought Obama was referring to Palin or they find the image of a pig with lipstick hilarious). As a McCain supporter, I do think there was too much made of it.

That said, this will be forgotten by tomorrow and the media will focus on the Palin-Gibson interview.

what's more telling is the amount of bitching the democrats are engaging in regarding the negative ads. typically whining democrats means winning republicans.

And the "moral" party is once again fine with throwing out integrity... How are you all fine with a platform of hypocricy? I'll never understand it.

That's a fantastic response. :up:

I also notice a peculiar lack of voices rising in defense of these McCain ads & faux controversies. Perhaps because even his strongest supporters know he went too far? Though I also notice that most aren't quite maverick enough to stand up against them, either.

Its funny to see the Democrats choose to remain mired in the pigs, lies, and lipstick debate.:wink:

Its funny to see the Democrats choose to remain mired in the pigs, lies, and lipstick debate.:wink:

Isn't it kind of relevant that a person running a campaign strongly based on his character is suddenly doing things that lack integrity?

If you watched four nights of the RNC and endured the repetition of discussion on how McCain has tons and tons of character, it's a big deal that he's suddenly turned on that image of integrity by literally perpetuating lies.

Here's an interesting link depicting how the majority of Americans think.
It's based on book sales state by state.

Clearly it shows as the election nears- that the majority of Americans lean right:

Election 2008

<>

Obama Blasts McCain on Lipstickgate: Enough of the lies!

Barack Obama slams the McCain camp for creating lies and distractions from the real issues, stating that, "The American people deserve a serious debate.":hmm:

News and video

Maybe the educated elite libruls devote their time reading more academic elitist works as opposed to lowest-common denominator political gotcha books.

Well show me why I should believe in your canidate. You drop in every once in awhile call a few folks liars and accuse groups of "just wanting something there", but why not actually discuss the issues? You attack(usually baseless) but never give any reason why your canidate is better...

John McCain has the strength to keep America safe and the courage to secure the peace.
Oh and Obama supports infanticide. If you don`t think something is wrong with that,"Just Wow."The Next Smear Against Obama: "Infanticide"

well if amazon states it must be true.. and I think they should just throw out the whole election in Nov. and call Mc Cain the new president of the United States..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom