US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #8 - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i am incredibly disappointed that deep is rumormongering in here. it's sad and pathetic and it's made me switch my vote from Obama to McCain.

now i'm never coming back to FYM again because of this shameless rumormongering.
i geddit!!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:01 AM
Quote:
i am incredibly disappointed that deep is rumormongering in here. it's sad and pathetic and it's made me switch my vote from Obama to McCain.

now i'm never coming back to FYM again because of this shameless rumormongering.
y

r

u

so mean?

Old 09-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #93
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
I dont see how you can criticize emotion in the same way as an inability to put 8 words together in a sentence if your teleprompter dies.

At least he tried to blame it on being tired and not acid reflux do a jig and run to his limo!
I've worked with and without teleprompters before. Here's the thing about teleprompters: they establish a completely different rhythm than speaking from the heart or from something even memorized. Probably the single most difficult thing I have done in public speaking, in fact, was having to adjust when a teleprompter gave out (other than having a small child bite me on the leg while announcing a baseball game) doing a sports report. I was merely trying to use the teleprompter to remind me of the direction I was to speak in, and was going to ad lib for the most part. But then it gave out and started printing random computer code, and I was completely thrown for a loop. It's shocking how much of a difference it makes, and I would have thought it much easier than it was until I actually did it.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #94
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
y

r

u

so mean?

the fact that you would even ask that question is homophobic.

i'm going to be like Sarah Palin and be unavailable for two weeks.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #95
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:01 PM
Quote:

I have the oddest sense of dejavu...
Old 09-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:01 AM
Fight the smears
Quote:
Barack Obama was a founding member of the board of Public Allies in 1992, resigning before his wife became executive director of the Chicago chapter of Public Allies in 1993. Obama plans to use the nonprofit group, which he features on his campaign Web site, as the model for a national service corps. He calls his Orwellian program, "Universal Voluntary Public Service."
Big Brother had nothing on the Obamas. They plan to herd American youth into government-funded reeducation camps where they'll be brainwashed into thinking America is a racist, oppressive place in need of "social change."
The pitch Public Allies makes on its Web site doesn't seem all that radical. It promises to place young adults (18-30) in paid one-year "community leadership" positions with nonprofit or government agencies. They'll also be required to attend weekly training workshops and three retreats.
In exchange, they'll get a monthly stipend of up to $1,800, plus paid health and child care. They also get a post-service education award of $4,725 that can be used to pay off past student loans or fund future education.
But its real mission is to radicalize American youth and use them to bring about "social change" through threats, pressure, tension and confrontation — the tactics used by the father of community organizing, Saul "The Red" Alinsky.
"Our alumni are more than twice as likely as 18-34 year olds to . . . engage in protest activities," Public Allies boasts in a document found with its tax filings. It has already deployed an army of 2,200 community organizers like Obama to agitate for "justice" and "equality" in his hometown of Chicago and other U.S. cities, including Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, New York, Phoenix, Pittsburgh and Washington. "I get to practice being an activist," and get paid for it, gushed Cincinnati recruit Amy Vincent.
Public Allies promotes "diversity and inclusion," a program paper says. More than 70% of its recruits are "people of color." When they're not protesting, they're staffing AIDS clinics, handing out condoms, bailing criminals out of jail and helping illegal aliens and the homeless obtain food stamps and other welfare.
Public Allies brags that more than 80% of graduates have continued working in nonprofit or government jobs. It's training the "next generation of nonprofit leaders" — future "social entrepreneurs."
The Obamas discourage work in the private sector. "Don't go into corporate America," Michelle has exhorted youth. "Work for the community. Be social workers." Shun the "money culture," Barack added. "Individual salvation depends on collective salvation."
"If you commit to serving your community," he pledged in his Denver acceptance speech, "we will make sure you can afford a college education." So, go through government to go to college, and then go back into government.
Many of today's youth find the pitch attractive. "I may spend the rest of my life trying to create social movement," said Brian Coovert of the Cincinnati chapter. "There is always going to be work to do. Until we have a perfect country, I'll have a job."
Not all the recruits appreciate the PC indoctrination. "It was too touchy-feely," said Nelly Nieblas, 29, of the 2005 Los Angeles class. "It's a lot of talk about race, a lot of talk about sexism, a lot of talk about homophobia, talk about -isms and phobias."
One of those -isms is "heterosexism," which a Public Allies training seminar in Chicago describes as a negative byproduct of "capitalism, white supremacy, patriarchy and male-dominated privilege."
The government now funds about half of Public Allies' expenses through Clinton's AmeriCorps. Obama wants to fully fund it and expand it into a national program that some see costing $500 billion. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as the military, he said.
The gall of it: The Obamas want to create a boot camp for radicals who hate the military — and stick American taxpayers with the bill.
IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Michelle's Boot Camps For Radicals
Old 09-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #97
The Fly

Local Time: 07:01 PM
How is it that you can be so quick to switch your vote? I mean, I assume that you were supporting the policies of Obama/Biden - how can you so quickly go from those policies to the policies of McCain/Palin?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #98
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:01 PM
He has zero tolerance for rumormongering, what can I say?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #99
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by devalera1 View Post
How is it that you can be so quick to switch your vote? I mean, I assume that you were supporting the policies of Obama/Biden - how can you so quickly go from those policies to the policies of McCain/Palin?
Free Your Mind breeds sarcasm.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #100
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Sorry Wanderer, but that article is scaremongering nonsense and it doesn't do you a heck of a lot of credit that you posted it, frankly.

What precisely is wrong with 'social entrepeneurship' and working in the community?

Is the writer saying that that work in the community is less valid and less 'American', than, for example, working for an investment bank, or conquering Iraqis?

I'm starting to think, personally, that there's a certain amount of truth in the leftwing anti-globalist position that large corporations - with the help of their paid sponsors in the media - ARE fucking up the world.

And you know what? Capitalism, white supremacy, patriarchy and male-dominated privilege SHOULD be criticized, or at least held up for scrutiny. (Don't get me wrong, feminism should be held up for scrutiny also, on occasion.)

I seem to be shifting to a more left wing position on globalism and related matters, whilst adopting a moderate conservative position on social issues.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #101
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:01 AM
I felt that I was making it clear it was a smear, and quite a conspiratorial one too.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Ok
Old 09-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:01 PM
Frickin' A! I want this as my sig, but it's too large.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #104
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:01 PM
^ That is frickin' AMAZING!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post

I seem to be shifting to a more left wing position on globalism and related matters
i'm wearing you down, baby.

Tags
mccain, obama, politics