US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #8 - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #901
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:11 AM
Score a negative, lying, deceitful ad for Obama:

Political Punch

I bet his team was behind Palin's personal emails being hacked, too. For all those people in this forum who, somehow, have yet to believe that Obama has crossed the line, please defend this, both the ad and the emails.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #902
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I bet his team was behind Palin's personal emails being hacked, too
Weren't you earlier on complaining about all the unfair rumors being spread in this campaign?

Old 09-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #903
Blue Crack Addict

So we should defend your unsubstantiated accusations?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #904
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Quote:
First: If you immigrate to our country, you have to speak the native language.
Good luck, Rush.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #905
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Quote:

Political Punch

I bet his team was behind Palin's personal emails being hacked, too. For all those people in this forum who, somehow, have yet to believe that Obama has crossed the line, please defend this, both the ad and the emails.
Unfortunately I have a problem seeing the video on that site, so I'll have to take the blog writer's word for it. It definitely does appear misleading and the link between Limbaugh and McCain isn't justified. It's a poor ad. Nowhere near as bad as McCain's sex ed ad, however.

As for you asking us to defend the emails, I think it's you who should defend such an outlandish accusation. I don't suppose you would happen to have a shred of evidence to support that "bet," would you?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #906
Forum Moderator

As far as the ad goes, yes, tying McCain's immigration record with Limbaugh's statements is definitely deceitful.

As far as the email allegations go, you're turning around and doing exactly the same thing yourself by saying "bet the Obama campaign did it."

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #907
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Political Punch

You were the one who said he had done this before, and failed to prove Obama had done anything to remotely "cross the line" before.

That said, this is a deceitful ad, in a similar vein to the McCain ad about the pig and the lipstick, although McCain's was a blatant lie and this is accusing McCain of guilt by association.

And, as Diemen said, this doesn't touch the sex ed ad.

This ad is disappointing.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #908
Blue Crack Supplier

Oh, and to say Obama's team was probably behind the e-mail thing without a shred of proof other than the fact that he's running against your candidate is just stupid.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #909
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

Taupe Armageddon Palin here
Old 09-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #910
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Thankfully Senator Obama has continued to backpedal on his tax policies since the general election campaign started. The article below mentions income tax but he has also moderated on capital gains taxes lately.

Obama: Recession Could Delay Rescinding Bush Tax Cuts
You can forget about any tax cuts. There will be none.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #911
Blue Crack Distributor

Credible feminist organizations have thrown their support to the Obama campaign.

The Associated Press: Women's rights groups endorse Obama for president

Quote:
Women's rights groups endorse Obama for president

By ANN SANNER – 22 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Women's rights groups endorsed Barack Obama for president Tuesday, asserting the historic selection of a female Republican vice presidential candidate does not make up for John McCain's lack of support on issues important to women.

"We don't think it's much to break a glass ceiling for one woman and leave millions of women behind," said Eleanor Smeal, chairman of the Feminist Majority Political Action Committee.

Smeal was among leaders from six organizations that announced their endorsement of the Democratic presidential nominee at a news conference.

Obama also won the support of the National Organization for Women, which said it has not endorsed a candidate for president since Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro shared the Democratic ticket in 1984. Ferraro was the first female major-party vice presidential candidate.

NOW backed New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton in the primaries. "We join with her in saying 'no,'" said NOW President Kim Gandy, referring to a line Clinton used at the Democratic convention last month. "No way, no how, no McCain."

Gandy and Smeal dismissed polls that suggested McCain has received a boost in support from white women after he picked Palin.

"The die is not cast yet," Smeal said.

An Associated Press-GfK Poll of likely voters last week showed Obama's lead among women at 49 percent to 44 percent. The same AP-GfK poll showed that white women are backing McCain over Obama, 53 percent to 40 percent.

Gandy predicted women will quickly swing their support to Obama once they know where Palin stands on the issues. The Alaska governor opposes abortion except in the case of a threat to the mother's life.

However, data from the recent AP-GfK poll suggests that it might be difficult for Obama to win over some white women.

The survey, conducted Sept. 5-10, found 65 percent of working-class white women say Palin shares their values, 71 percent said so of McCain, compared to 52 percent for Obama and 46 percent for Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The McCain campaign said it was unhappy with NOW's decision to endorse Obama.

"It's extremely disappointing that an organization that purports to be an advocate for all women not only opposes but feels compelled to go out of its way to criticize and make negative comments about the only ticket in the presidential race with a woman on the ticket," Palin's spokeswoman Maria Comella said in an e-mail.

Smeal said the organizations have and will continue to protest any sexism in the presidential campaign, but she added, "We think it's time to get off issues such as lipstick and on to the issues, really, that are challenging this nation."

Gandy criticized Republicans for changing their tone on sexism.

"I love it that Republicans have discovered sexism in the media," she said. "Because they didn't see any of it when it was being directed at Hillary Clinton. But once Sarah Palin got a dose of it, which we also pointed out, they were all over it." She did not explain how her group defended Palin from sexism.

Obama was also endorsed by leaders from Business and Professional Women/USA, the National Association of Social Workers, the National Congress of Black Women and the Women's Information Network.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #912
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
Taupe Armageddon Palin here
Fleck Rookie Palin
Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #913
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
"It's extremely disappointing that an organization that purports to be an advocate for all women not only opposes but feels compelled to go out of its way to criticize and make negative comments about the only ticket in the presidential race with a woman on the ticket," Palin's spokeswoman Maria Comella said in an e-mail.
Wow, this spokeswoman really doesn't get it, does she?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #914
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Unfortunately I have a problem seeing the video on that site, so I'll have to take the blog writer's word for it. It definitely does appear misleading and the link between Limbaugh and McCain isn't justified. It's a poor ad. Nowhere near as bad as McCain's sex ed ad, however.
yeah, this one is gettin' real ugly real fast.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #915
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
'Steve' gives me Drill Swollen Palin.

'Stephen' gives me Knife Pile Palin.

Honestly, I think both names appear to be lewd commands....

Tags
mccain, obama, politics