US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #8 - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #631
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:05 AM
McCain sounds like he's out to pasture:

http://www.wcsh6.com/video/default.a...ject=850878100

Reporter asked him what Palin's national security experience is and he said "energy" and then talked about the natural gas pipeline, saying that Palin knows more about energy than anyone else in America (!).

It's like a comedy routine.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #632
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Well if we are to believe that McCain is an honourable man who has fallen victim to Rove and has no say in his own campaign then pray tell how are we supposed to believe that once he gets into office he'll suddenly be this paragon of moderate thought, appointing moderate judges and working with a Dem-controlled Congress.

Talk about cognitive dissonance.

John McCain is a Good Man who's a Straight Talker and a Maverick who will bring Change to Washington. that's all we need to know.

that and the fact that Sarah Palin has a baby. that's all you need to know about her.

stop with your questions. you're like the media, asking rude things. like Putin, she'll talk when she's good and ready, and on her terms, so long as you are "deferential" and aren't sexist.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #633
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
McCain sounds like he's out to pasture:
He is. Like I said before he's riding her coattails right now, when some of you realize her coattails aren't long enough you're going to realize you picked the wrong guy, and your wrong guy picked the wrong woman.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #634
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
dead-on WaPo op-ed:

it's interesting to still see McCain's "base" -- aka, the media -
Old 09-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #635
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
He is. Like I said before he's riding her coattails right now

He absolutely is. Every single shot on tv of McCain campaigning in the last week is actually of McCain standing next to Palin as she speaks at the podium.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #636
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post

you realize, sweet pea, that John McCain himself has called the media "my base" for years.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #637
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Olbermann's special comment tonight, tearing not only McCain, but the whole GOP really, for the way they've turned 9/11 into 9/11 with a trademark, a political tool. I think it is phenomenal, but I'm sure a good deal of you will think it's over the top.

YouTube - Special Comment 9/10/08

I know I'm obsessed with this guy, but this made me laugh

YouTube - How Keith Olbermann Tonight Made Himself Worst Person!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #638
Blue Crack Supplier

wow. you can't make this shit up:

Quote:
"We're not going to spend $3 million of your tax dollars to study the DNA of bears in Montana," McCain said earlier this year, referring to a request from Montana for federal money to study the endangered grizzly bear. "I don't know if it was a paternity issue or criminal, but it was a waste of money."
Quote:
According to a “summary of requests for federal appropriations” posted to her budget office’s website earlier this year, Palin requested millions of federal dollars for everything from improving recreational halibut fishing to studying the mating habits of crabs and the DNA of harbor seals.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #639
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I know I'm obsessed with this guy, but this made me laugh

YouTube - How Keith Olbermann Tonight Made Himself Worst Person!
You posted this same thing last night. One has nothing to do with the other. For starters, the clip you post is an obviously doctored clip. The creator makes no effort to make it look like it's real.

Secondly, Olbermann was ripping the guy a new one for making fun of Jon Stewart's monologue on the first Daily Show after 9/11 - a monologue that YOU complimented in the 9/11 thread.

I don't understand why you're posting an unfunny doctored clip in response to a special comment.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #640
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

I don't understand why you're posting an unfunny doctored clip in response to a special comment.
Following his "honorable" presidential candidate's example of making stuff up to score slimy points?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #641
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
You posted this same thing last night. One has nothing to do with the other. For starters, the clip you post is an obviously doctored clip. The creator makes no effort to make it look like it's real.

Secondly, Olbermann was ripping the guy a new one for making fun of Jon Stewart's monologue on the first Daily Show after 9/11 - a monologue that YOU complimented in the 9/11 thread.

I don't understand how Olbermann can say McCain and Republicans have phony tears about September 11th when he scolded Gibson for saying someone had phony tears. I read your explanation a few pages back, and I just don't get it. How is this not hypocrisy?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #642
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:

I think the point is Keith said he would never doubt the sincerity of anyone's pain, and is now calling McCain's use of 9/11 as phony crocidle tears...

It is hypocritical.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #643
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:05 AM
Didn't Oberman and Matthews get demoted?

<>
Old 09-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #644
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

No, I think Olbermann's main point is that McCain and the Republicans, as they did in 2004, are politicizing 9/11 to their advantage. The RNC said they were going to pay a special tribute to 9/11 with a video that even children should see. What they did instead was show some of the most horrific pictures in order to rile up old emotions, and cheer on stories of a war hero who "knows" how to capture bin Laden & protect our country.

Politics, not tribute.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #645
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Didn't Oberman and Matthews get demoted?

<>
Yes, Matthews is now a Second Lieutenant, and Olbermann is now Tom Brokaw's personal assistant.

SCORE!

Tags
mccain, obama, politics