US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #8 - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #601
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:28 AM
Bush Said To Give Orders Allowing Raids in Pakistan

Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Bush secretly approved orders in July that for the first time allow American Special Operations forces to carry out ground assaults inside Pakistan without the prior approval of the Pakistani government, according to senior American officials.
Link
Quote:
Providing a potential sneak preview of his general election talking points, McCain asked, “Will we risk the confused leadership of an inexperienced candidate who once suggested bombing our ally, Pakistan?”
I await Strongbow telling us how happy he is that Obama has finally come around to McCain and Bush's long held position on bombing Pakistan without their government's approval.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #602
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Maybe the educated elite libruls devote their time reading more academic elitist works as opposed to lowest-common denominator political gotcha books.

this homo-communist-librul-elitist-urbanist-northeasterner just looks down his *nose* at the common flyover state folks.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #603
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFisher View Post
Is Biden trying to step aside?....

Political Radar: Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me

"Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight. She’s a truly close personal friend, she is qualified to be president of the United States of America, she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate, I mean that sincerely, she’s first rate, so let’s get that straight."

FAR BE IT FROM ME TO SPREAD RUMORS ... but it has been whispered that Biden has prostate cancer. again, I AM NOT ENDORSING THIS OR SAYING THAT IT IS TRUE NOR AM I SAYING ANYTHING AT ALL REALLY.

could be another fascinating wrinkle.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #604
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Well, if integrity and Sarah Palin are the things team Obama want to talk about, I'm sure the McCain campaign won't mind. You can't prove someone lacks integrity because of a flap over pigs, lies and lipstick, especially someone like John McCain. Acting like your running against Sarah Palin rather than John McCain also is unlikely to be a winning strategy.

how do you sleep?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:09 AM   #605
Refugee

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobvok View Post
Bush Said To Give Orders Allowing Raids in Pakistan

Link

I await Strongbow telling us how happy he is that Obama has finally come around to McCain and Bush's long held position on bombing Pakistan without their government's approval.

So your admitting that Obama was for bombing Pakistan without their approval?

Congratulations, perhaps you might have finally found one idea that Obama could say he was for before others decided to jump on board, although at a different time and because of changed conditions. The administration clearly weighed and considered the consequences of such actions, and had previously felt that the negative consequences of that type of action outweighed the benefits. But with the changes in the political situation in Pakistan, the inability or unwillingness of the Pakistani military to bring security to the border areas, and the increased insurgent activity from there, appears to have changed the caculation on this particular issue.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #606
Refugee

Local Time: 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Well not to spread any rumors, but today on a certain radio show they were talking about Obama's private meeting with Clinton in Harlem, some were speculating a change of VP to counteract McCain's pick and of course right radio had a field day with this... but there was a caller that claimed he "knew" Biden had cancer and that this may have been a meeting to discuss this. The caller was more than likely full of shit, or maybe he had read deep's post earlier about Biden... who knows
If the Dems do this it will look like the final act of desperation and will backfire on them tenfold.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #607
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
If the Dems do this it will look like the final act of desperation and will backfire on them tenfold.
They won't do it. I'd be shocked if they did it. Hilary doesn't want it.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #608
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
So your admitting that Obama was for bombing Pakistan without their approval?

Congratulations, perhaps you might have finally found one idea that Obama could say he was for before others decided to jump on board, although at a different time and because of changed conditions. The administration clearly weighed and considered the consequences of such actions, and had previously felt that the negative consequences of that type of action outweighed the benefits. But with the changes in the political situation in Pakistan, the inability or unwillingness of the Pakistani military to bring security to the border areas, and the increased insurgent activity from there, appears to have changed the caculation on this particular issue.
"admitting" seems a weird choice of words. With articles like these:

Quote:
"If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will," Obama said.
it seemed pretty straightforward that he'd operate without Musharraf's approval if they had the intelligence.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #609
Blue Crack Supplier

Palin is still a sham. as those who excuse her inexperience like to remind us, it's still about the top of the ticket.

and when it comes to the top of the ticket, it's clear who the American people prefer.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #610
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
That's classic

Thank you, I thought you were actually serious for awhile.
No this is just Priceless,you think your right about everything so WTF ever...
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #611
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
No this is just Priceless,it is going to be cause you think your right about everything so WTF ever...

here's your big chance ... can you offer us anything other than snark?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #612
Blue Crack Addict

That's not snark, it's just plain rudeness.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #613
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post

McGovern did that in 1972 and many claim it increased Nixons margin of victory. Nixon won with 61% of the popular vote in 1972 to 38% for McGovern. But given the situation with Hillary, maybe this would be different.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #614
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
That's not snark, it's just plain rudeness.
my apologies.

with a VP nominee who has this as her chief political asset, i tend to get these things confused.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #615
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Palin is still a sham. as those who excuse her inexperience like to remind us, it's still about the top of the ticket.

and when it comes to the top of the ticket, it's clear who the American people prefer.
Thats a bit much to presume at this point considering the top of the Democratic ticket barely won his own party's nomination and although he had a small average lead of 3 points during the summer, that lead was still within the margin of error. Also, still no sign of the Obama Tsunami.

Tags
mccain, obama, politics