US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #7 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2008, 07:14 PM   #106
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post

I agree he probably shouldn't have said the dollar bill thing, for I haven't heard anything about that, but everything else has been said by the right.
By who?! Who, with any credibility or importance, has said ANYTHING about dollar bills or his "funny name"? The only people doing that are Obama and Reverend Wright and his supporters. For people in this forum who are constantly complaining about fear-mongering and scaring people, this is a prime example of it by the left.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 PM   #107
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
By who?! Who, with any credibility or importance, has said ANYTHING about dollar bills or his "funny name"? The only people doing that are Obama and Reverend Wright and his supporters. For people in this forum who are constantly complaining about fear-mongering and scaring people, this is a prime example of it by the left.
First, BVS said OTHER than the dollar bills thing, he's heard everything else said by the right. And if you're actually going to deny that it has, then I think it's a case of willful ignorance. Barack Hussein Obama is almost Steve Doocy's favorite phrase now. I've heard Hannity, Rush, O'Reilly, and Beck say it more than once. People introducing McCain at rallies have said it. I'll have to search for it, but I remember at least a couple of the aforementioned talking about how it's an "unfortunate name," usually right after mixing it up with Osama.

BTW, 2861, what do you think of McCain's ad that basically says that Obama cancelled his trip to the troops because he couldn't bring the press? You know, the one that has been proven to be utterly false?

Old 07-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Talent is subjective, don't try and pretend it's anything else.

You don't possibly believe this stuff you write do you? So you only watch G rated movies?

And don't for a second tell me you believe or agree with the lyrics of every artists your politicians listen to.

Johnny Cash shot a man in Reno. Garth Brooks and George Strait are drunk in half their songs. And the racist song Rush had about Obama several months ago was just humor according to you.

Practice what you preach.
I've seen you use foul language plenty of times in here. Would you ever use language like that in front of your children? Would you be okay with your children talking like that?

No, I watch non-G rated movies. But I don't tell other people not to. I don't advocate the banning of all non-G films. Obama is a hypocrite. He supposedly is concerned with violent and reprehensible rap lyrics, yet he is a fan of possibly the worst rapper in the business in terms of those qualities. I don't get it. He needs to be a role model for his children instead of a panderer to a demographic.

If you want to have a debate between country music lyrics and rap lyrics, please, go right ahead. I see very, very few country songs even close to "McCain should be paralyzed," and even that is pretty tame compared to much of rap.

And as a matter of fact, with the exception of U2 and a small handful of others, I don't listen to such music. A large majority of what I listen to is positive Christian music.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #109
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
No, I watch non-G rated movies. But I don't tell other people not to. I don't advocate the banning of all non-G films. Obama is a hypocrite. He supposedly is concerned with violent and reprehensible rap lyrics, yet he is a fan of possibly the worst rapper in the business in terms of those qualities. I don't get it.
You apparently don't listen to much rap, because Ludacris is far from the worst, and actually has some decent stuff out there. He also has some offensive stuff, but he's far from the worst.

Quote:
And as a matter of fact, with the exception of U2 and a small handful of others, I don't listen to such music.
And your lack of knowledge about it shows.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #110
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Once again, READ MY POSTS!

Well do you count all your heroes on the right talk radio circuit as credible? Because they have all said it, in fact Rush just said it today at least once when talking about the Sheik who shipped his lamborgini over to get an oil change... and you didn't think I really listened to it.

Even McCain furthered the "is he a Muslim" rumor, by acting as if he didn't know if Obama was a Muslim or not.

If you don't think it's out there then you are willfulling being ignorant.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:35 PM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

He's a fan of Bruce Springsteen too. I guess some people could find fault with that. Who says he's a "fan" of Ludacris? When did he say that? He says he's a "talented individual", well that's what his campaign said.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:37 PM   #112
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Apparently if you have a song by an artist on your iPod, it unequivocally means you're a fan.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #113
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
He's a fan of Bruce Springsteen too. I guess some people could find fault with that. Who says he's a "fan" of Ludacris? When did he say that?
In an interview with a magazine (Rolling Stone I think) he said he is "a great talent" and that he is on his iPod.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Apparently if you have a song by an artist on your iPod, it unequivocally means you're a fan.
How does it not?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #115
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

It might be a shock to you, but you can consider someone a great talent and still not like some of what they do.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:40 PM   #116
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
How does it not?
Simple. Someone made me a cd with a bunch of different artists on it. I rip it to iTunes, and then it goes on my iPod. I may not be a fan of all the songs on it, but - GASP! - there it is on my iPod.

Edit - an even more appropriate example: I have Queens of the Stone Age Songs for the Deaf on cd. I ripped it to iTunes, but really only have 3 songs on there that I like. The others I'm either indifferent about or don't like. Do I think they're talented? Yes - No One Knows is a great song. But I think the cd as a whole isn't really my style. And yet (dun dun dunnn), it's on my iPod.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 PM   #117
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I've seen you use foul language plenty of times in here. Would you ever use language like that in front of your children? Would you be okay with your children talking like that?
WHAT?! Who said he's listening to Ludacris in front of his kids? Where do these tangents come from?

Quote:
No, I watch non-G rated movies. But I don't tell other people not to. I don't advocate the banning of all non-G films. Obama is a hypocrite. He supposedly is concerned with violent and reprehensible rap lyrics, yet he is a fan of possibly the worst rapper in the business in terms of those qualities. I don't get it. He needs to be a role model for his children instead of a panderer to a demographic.
Worse rapper? Please!!! Obama isn't calling for a banning of anything. Once again, do you believe in all of U2's politics?

Quote:
If you want to have a debate between country music lyrics and rap lyrics, please, go right ahead. I see very, very few country songs even close to "McCain should be paralyzed," and even that is pretty tame compared to much of rap.

And as a matter of fact, with the exception of U2 and a small handful of others, I don't listen to such music. A large majority of what I listen to is positive Christian music.
Believe me, I'd flatten you in that debate. I listen to both rap and old school country(the pop stuff isn't worth it) and misogyny, drug use, and violence is found in both.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 PM   #118
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
It might be a shock to you, but you can consider someone a great talent and still not like some of what they do.
I'd like to know what "talent" Obama sees in Ludacris. His music is filled with violence, profanity, mistreatment of women, etc... What of his is to be applauded? What does Obama like about him?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:44 PM   #119
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'd like to know what "talent" Obama sees in Ludacris. His music is filled with violence, profanity, mistreatment of women, etc... What of his is to be applauded? What does Obama like about him?
So music is only about lyrics?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:45 PM   #120
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Tell me, how many of Ludacris's songs have you actually listened to? Or are you stereotyping his entire output based only on snippets you've heard?