US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #7 - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #481
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:33 AM
So you don't think she would need to be vetted at least slightly? She wasn't asked for a single piece of paper...

Old 08-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #482
Blue Crack Addict

deep has said a lot of things I disagree with but the one thing he's said that I concur with fully is that Hillary doesn't need to be vetted.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #483
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
So you don't think she would need to be vetted at least slightly? She wasn't asked for a single piece of paper...
No, you and right radio are making a story about nothing...

But you guys do make me laugh.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I'm sure that Multiple Mansion McCain will play out well with the public!
If I were Obama, I'd be careful about making wealth an issue in this campaign...
Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
If I were Obama, I'd be careful about making wealth an issue in this campaign...
Haha, yes the Republican meme.

Obama was raised by a single mother on food stamps and was paying off his student loans up until a couple of years ago when he suddenly made $ off his book deal. All the money he has made has come from the books he's written, the royalties and the advances.

Not from marrying a multi-millionaire blonde heiress 20 years his junior.

I thought you Americans gave props to people who rose from the lower classes and through their own hard work became successful? Is the American dream dead?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #486
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

You're on a roll today...
Old 08-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #487
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
99% of FYM posters prefer Crest
See, that's just it.

People allow themselves to be easily influenced without doing any real investigations of the true facts.

Most FYMers do probably prefer Crest®

We have been bombarded with all this fluoride crap.

In reality it is gum disease, gingivitis, and plaque that cause more damage and tooth loss than cavities ever will.

Quote:
The ADA Council on Scientific Affairs' Acceptance of Colgate Total® toothpaste is based on its finding that the product is effective in helping to prevent and reduce tooth decay, gingivitis, plaque above the gumline and bad breath when used as directed.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Haha, yes the Republican meme.

Obama was raised by a single mother on food stamps and was paying off his student loans up until a couple of years ago when he suddenly made $ off his book deal. All the money he has made has come from the books he's written, the royalties and the advances.

I thought you Americans gave props to people who rose from the lower classes and through their own hard work became successful? Is the American dream dead?

Not to mention being an African American male and succeeding against those odds. Easier to be a white guy, blonde heiress or not.

Oh and it's 8 houses, not 7- according to the Washington Post. One being a half million dollar loft they bought for Meghan McCain. That must be nice.

Mitt Romney recently bought another mansion, in CA.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #489
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

and what's also important is that he actually wrote the books himself. Mark Salter writes McCain's books for him.

Quote:

after divorcing his first wife who got all ugly after a horrific car wreck.

and John McCain, Prisoner of War, took his second honeymoon in ... wait for it ... Hawaii. elitist!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #490
Blue Crack Addict

I'm sure he stayed in a Motel 6
Old 08-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #491
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and what's also important is that he actually wrote the books himself. Mark Salter writes McCain's books for him.

after divorcing his first wife who got all ugly after a horrific car wreck.

and John McCain, Prisoner of War, took his second honeymoon in ... wait for it ... Hawaii. elitist!!!
Why is it a shock to people in here that McCain is rich? Both candidates are extremely well-off, and if you're an American citizen who doesn't realize that or who hates either of them for being rich, than you're an idiot.

I think statistics like this say much, much more about the candidates than their wealth does:

In the years 2000 through 2007, Barack Obama donated between 0.4% and 6.1% of his net income to charitable causes.

McCain released his 2006 and 2007 tax returns, and in those years he gave 28.6% and 27.3% of his income to charitable causes.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #492
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Why is it a shock to people in here that McCain is rich? Both candidates are extremely well-off, and if you're an American citizen who doesn't realize that or who hates either of them for being rich, than you're an idiot.

I think statistics like this say much, much more about the candidates than their wealth does:

In the years 2000 through 2007, Barack Obama donated between 0.4% and 6.1% of his net income to charitable causes.

McCain released his 2006 and 2007 tax returns, and in those years he gave 28.6% and 27.3% of his income to charitable causes.
Between 2000 and 2005, Obama had no wealth to speak of, and therefore didn't have the means to donate that kind of money. His current wealth is still far, far less than McCain's.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #493
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

1. yes, both are well off
2. Obama is worth a fraction of what McCain is worth
3. McCain married extraordinary wealth
4. Obama earned his wealth

you realize that McCain can afford to give away less than a third of his income because the McCains are worth hundreds of millions of dollars?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

They were paying off student loans. I'm sure they will give more to charity in the future. The McCains are in a much better position to give to charity, and have plenty left for themselves. And 8 homes/condos.

Remember, Bill Gates did not give much money to charity compared to his income until Ted Turner publicly called him out on that-for some perspective on that issue.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #495
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

This shows me you have a weak grasp of the real picture.

McCain's income is nothing compared to his wealth. He could donate 100% of his income and still be a millionaire off his wife's wealth. Obama doesn't have that...

What's scary is that most Americans will fall for this type of crap.