US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #7 - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #436
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:13 PM
I'm sure that Multiple Mansion McCain will play out well with the public!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #437
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:13 AM
I guess it is not safe to say how many properties I own and what they are worth, and really it does not matter.

McCain has never misrepresented his worth or background.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #438
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

yet he'll call Obama a celebrity elitist because he mentions the price of arugula?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:15 PM   #439
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
McCain Spokesman's Retort: Obama Lives in "a Frickin' Mansion"

By Michael D. Shear
SEDONA, Ariz. -- A spokesman for Sen. John McCain vowed to retaliate against today's story about how many houses the GOP candidate owns with a renewed focus on Sen. Barack Obama's ties to a Chicago developer and charges that Obama is an elitist.

"We're delighted to have a real estate debate with Barack Obama," said spokesman Brian Rogers, adding that the press should focus on Obama's house. "It's a frickin' mansion. He doesn't tell people that. You have a mansion you bought in a shady deal with a convicted felon."

The felon reference was to Tony Rezko, a former Obama friend and financial backer who was convicted on fraud and bribery charges this year. Rogers vowed to intensify efforts to link Obama to Rezko in the coming days.

"That's fair game now," he said. "You are going to see more of that now that this issue has been joined. You'll see more of the Rezko matter from us."

The McCain campaign was in full damage-control mode as the housing story took off today. Rogers tried to play down the story, saying that reports of the many McCain houses were overstated.

"The reality is they have some investment properties and stuff. It's not as if he lives in ten houses. That's just not the case," Rogers said. "The reality is they have four that actually could be considered houses they could use."

Those four include an apartment in Arlington, a ranch in Sedona, and two condos, in California and Phoenix, he said. The others include "some investment properties and things like that."

He also added: "This is a guy who lived in one house for five and a half years -- in prison," referring to the prisoner of war camp that McCain was in during the Vietnam War.

and this is why you should vote for John McCain.

remember: marry wealth, don't earn it by writing elitist snobby books.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #440
ONE
love, blood, life

Did anybody catch that McCain basically endorsed re-instating the draft yesterday? It was at some town-hall type thing he was doing, and some lady in the audience said something along the lines of, 'there won't be anyone to chase Bin Laden to the gates of hell unless we re-instate the draft', and McCain responded by saying, 'I don't disagree with anything you just said'.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #441
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I guess it is not safe to say how many properties I own and what they are worth, and really it does not matter.

That's true.

He believes if you make $4.9 million/year you are middle class. I'd say he's pretty consistent about his views in this respect.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #442
Blue Crack Supplier

if you would like to see all of the houses owned by John McCain, a prisoner of war, here you go:

Old 08-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
That's true.

He believes if you make $4.9 million/year you are middle class. I'd say he's pretty consistent about his views in this respect.
That is not really true.

But, that answer alone should put to rest the nonsense that he got the questions before hand.

He may not have arrived early enough to go and sit in the green (cone of silence) room.

but, he certainly did not have the questions or he would have been able to give a better answer.

At least he did not say, "That question is above my pay grade."
Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 PM   #444
cm
The Fly

Quote:

At least he did not say, "That question is above my pay grade."
I have heard that phrase used many times in my lifetime, maybe it is a midwestern thing, but it always refers to God. Not a bad answer at all in my opinion.

Here is more of his answer: “Well, I think that whether you’re looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade. But let me just speak more generally about the issue of abortion because this is something obviously the country wrestles with. One thing that I’m absolutely convinced of is there is a moral and ethical content to this issue….” Obama went on to explain how (and why) we can reduce the number of abortions in this country, and why he’s pro-choice.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #445
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Did anybody catch that McCain basically endorsed re-instating the draft yesterday? It was at some town-hall type thing he was doing, and some lady in the audience said something along the lines of, 'there won't be anyone to chase Bin Laden to the gates of hell unless we re-instate the draft', and McCain responded by saying, 'I don't disagree with anything you just said'.
Ehh that seems quite unfair. I saw the question and his answer, and the woman basically had a paragraph long question and tacked on the draft bit at the very end. I can't conceive that McCain would want to endorse the draft anyway, it's a poor idea, there's no political support for it, and it would supercharge Obama's youth turnout.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #446
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
One thing is clear, there is certainly no evidence of an Obama Tsunami like victory in November. McCain surprisingly seems to have the advantage now, although its unknown if this will be sustainable.
I searched this forum.
I found exactly one poster who predicted a huge win for Obama.
And even then, he basically qualified it.

The idea that this was ever going to be anything but a close race came out of the Dem primaries, as a reason not to vote for HRC. It was as much a myth then as it is now. That her negatives were too high etc. and Obama would be a fresh face who could 'change' the dynamic. Fucking silly, huh?

What we are seeing is what most pundits (who have a reasonably objective clue) predicted.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #447
Refugee

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
I searched this forum.
I found exactly one poster who predicted a huge win for Obama.
And even then, he basically qualified it.
There has been more than one, but only one that I can recall that refered to it as a "Tsunami".

Quote:
What we are seeing is what most pundits (who have a reasonably objective clue) predicted.
On the contrary, many pundits are puzzled as to why Obama is not ahead by a significant margin at this point.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #448
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
There has been more than one,
You keep saying this, and you've been called out every time. It simply isn't true.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #449
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:13 PM
Would have to back up Strongbow.

Several posters have expressed their view of Obama victory being inevitable.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #450
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm View Post
I have heard that phrase used many times in my lifetime, maybe it is a midwestern thing, but it always refers to God.
That was my first thought as well when I heard him say it. "Ha ha! He's not god! Good answer!" *crickets chirping*