US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #7 - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #376
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Well, is anyone supporting Russia in this? Is Senator Obama supporting the Russians?
I think people in this forum may find McCain extreme in his response....

I do not I think he is dead on and I wish Obama would tone it up a notch.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #377
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
I won't! Less than two days and I will be free as I will have entered the United States.
I have never been so free as I am now, Vincent. You will love it. Let us all know how great the feeling is.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #378
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:53 PM
I can't wait to hear about your experience either! I hope you enjoy it
Old 08-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #379
Blue Crack Addict

Huffington Post August 14th

So, on last night's Larry King Live, one of the things that Paul Waldman brought up as a way of demonstrating Obama Nation author Jerome Corsi's lack of credibility was his past embrace of bigotry and general scumbaggery, as documented by "a whole series of bigoted and hateful posts" that Corsi "put up on right-wing Web sites." None of which Corsi denied! But, Corsi defended himself by shooting back that Waldman had failed to mention "all my apologies for those statements."

Well, like just about everything else that dribbles out of Corsi's cakehole, you can take those apologies and discount them entirely, because this Sunday, he is set to make an appearance on the well-named "The Political Cesspool" - which, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, is "an overtly racist, anti-Semitic radio show hosted by self-avowed white nationalist James Edwards." In the past, the show has welcomed some marquee names in the hate movement, including "Christian Identity pastor Pete Peters, Holocaust denier Mark Weber and former Klan boss David Duke."

If you can bear a look at some of the show's Great Works, you can do so here. This is how they roll in the Breakaway Republic of Swiftboatistan, all with the clucking approval of mainstream political media darling Mary Matalin, who regards these excrementalist dolts as "great scholars."

Media Matters - Despite "all my apologies" for bigoted comments, Corsi reportedly scheduled to appear on "pro-White" radio show

UPDATE: Sam Stein reports that he has received an email from Winston Smith, confirming Corsi's appearance on the show. Smith's email reads as follows: "Dr. Corsi's first appearance on our broadcast was very well received. On Sunday's show he'll be talking about his new book about Barak [sic] Hussein Obama. It'll be a fascinating converstaion [sic], and we hope you'll listen in."
Old 08-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #380
Blue Crack Addict

AP
Military donations favor Obama over McCain

Thursday August 14
Troops donate more campaign money to Obama than McCain, despite McCain's military record

WASHINGTON (AP) -- U.S. soldiers have donated more presidential campaign money to Democrat Barack Obama than to Republican John McCain, a reversal of previous campaigns in which military donations tended to favor GOP White House hopefuls, a nonpartisan group reported Thursday.

Troops serving abroad have given nearly six times as much money to Obama's presidential campaign as they have to McCain's, the Center for Responsive Politics said.

The results also are striking because they favored Obama, who never has served in the military. McCain meanwhile, is a decorated war veteran who spent nearly five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam. The Arizona senator graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy and had a 22-year career as a naval aviator.

Obama has opposed the war in Iraq and says he would withdraw combat troops within 16 months. McCain has been a steadfast supporter of the war, saying he would withdraw the troops only when conditions on the ground warrant it.

"Obama will work tirelessly to uphold this nation's sacred trust with its veterans, to ensure they are not forgotten after they return home and he will provide our troops with the leadership they deserve, as well as the support they and their families need," Obama spokesman Nick Shapiro said.

McCain's campaign played down the significance of the donations.

"John McCain has been endorsed by more retired admirals and generals than Barack Obama has military donors," McCain spokesman Michael Goldfarb said in a statement.

"We feel confident that many U.S. troops stationed overseas will support John McCain in the election this fall, but we suspect most are too busy doing the important work of defending this country than to make political contributions," Goldfarb said.

The report tracked donations of $200 or more. It found that 859 members of the military donated a total of $335,536 to Obama. McCain received $280,513 from 558 military donors.

Among soldiers serving overseas at the time of their donations, 134 gave a total of $60,642 to Obama while 26 gave a total of $10,665 to McCain. That was less than the amount received by Republican Ron Paul, who collected $45,512 from 99 soldiers serving abroad, the report said.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #381
Blue Crack Addict

Why do the troops hate the troops?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #382
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
I think people in this forum may find McCain extreme in his response....

I do not I think he is dead on and I wish Obama would tone it up a notch.

would you want NATO to go to war to defend Georgia?

can we back up McCain's rhetoric and put our money where his mouth is?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:53 PM
Apparently the troops drank the Obama-celebrity kool-aid.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

McCain:

Quote:
"I know I speak for every American when I say to him, 'Today we are all Georgians.'"
Talk about rhetoric. He's fired up and ready to go!!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #385
Blue Crack Supplier

i wonder how many more conflicts will get McCain excited ... we have potential conflicts with Russia, Iran, China, Iraq, Afghanistan. there's also Burma and Darfur.

and what's quite true is that there are sympathetic players in all of these conflicts. who doesn't feel for the suffering Georgians or Burmese or the Iraqis?

but do we solve these conflicts, and help suffering people, by talking tough and seeking to punish the aggressors? is that really the best way to conduct foreign policy, with a square jaw and a pointed finger and an unflinching sense of right and wrong and if you're not with us you're against us?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #386
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
McCain:

Talk about rhetoric. He's fired up and ready to go!!

ooh, ooh, i got another one:

Quote:
My friends, we have reached a crisis, the first probably serious crisis internationally since the end of the Cold War. This is an act of aggression.

now that, my friends, is the sign of a true Cold Warrior, a true politician of the 70s and 80s. whether in figure skating or cold war fighting, it will always be the Russians who need defeating.

it's as if he's forgotten about Kuwait. or Iraq. or Afghanistan. or Bosnia.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #387
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:53 PM
John McCain sued over use of Running on Empty in anti-Obama ad

"Singer-songwriter Jackson Browne has sued John McCain over the use of his hit Running on Empty in an ad that attacks presidential candidate Barack Obama.
The suit notes that other musicians, including ABBA and John Cougar Mellencamp, have asked McCain to stop using their work."

Awww, even his favorite, ABBA is suing him...

Tough break pal.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #388
ONE
love, blood, life

I spell appeasement in here.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #389
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
I spell appeasement in here.

some smell it everywhere!

Old 08-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #390
Blue Crack Addict

I generally don't care one iota what a religious leader thinks about a politician and would prefer they mind their own business. I'm posting this only because I'm not sure I've read such a direct criticism/attack against a candidate recently. Also it bears noting that the Reverend in question is a close friend of the Bush family and in fact, presided over Jenna Bush's marriage ceremony just this past spring.

Quote:
"Well, I don't know a lot about John McCain's family history, I do know, however, that as recently as last week I think it was, the Senator made a comment in South Dakota regarding his wife entering some Buffalo Chips contest which is this topless deal and if she were to enter she would probably win it and my personal opinion and based on my understanding of the Christian faith, that's not not, N-O-T, not the type of expression that a presidential candidate, or anyone for that matter who is a follower of the Christian faith, ought to make," said the Rev. Kirbyjon Caldwell. "I don't know if that is a perfect case in point, but it surely does help to juxtapose the DNA of Senator Obama, if you would, versus the DNA of Senator McCain."

His marital history has been duly recorded," said Caldwell, referring to McCain, "and as recently as yesterday I think it is, our pastor from Saddleback, Rick Warren indicated that he would not feel comfortable voting for an adulterer and I don't know exactly to whom he was referring but I think the data speaks for itself, and again, at the end of the day, and I really appreciate you raising this because, at the end of the day again I think the American public deserves full revelation of the candidate's character and competency. Character and competency. So, whatever questions that should be asked that would give the voting public an indication as to who they are and what they've done should be fair game."
At ABC.