US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #7 - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:15 PM
That's pretty despicable.

Americans pride themselves as being the top destination for immigrants who are looking for a better life. But once you get there, you better get in the back of the line, you don't have sufficient American roots.

Yeah, we're still waiting for that Native American president, Mark Penn.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:44 AM   #317
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Well I'm glad she didn't fully take Penn's advice, she deserves credit for that...

Unfortunately, a majority of the right agree with this.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #318
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post

Unfortunately, a majority of the right agree with this.
Ugh... there you go again...

No, for the last time, a majority of the right couldn't care less about his nationality. I know it's hard for you to believe, but that isn't the reason why conservatives don't like him.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #319
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post

No, for the last time, a majority of the right couldn't care less about his nationality. I know it's hard for you to believe, but that isn't the reason why conservatives don't like him.

then why has it been part of the campaign against him?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #320
Blue Crack Addict

I guess they really don't care about it, they are just pandering to the lowest common denominator

Just like Mark Penn wanted to do
Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

Focus On Family Pulls Controversial Obama 'Rain' Video - Politics News Story - KMGH Denver

DENVER -- Focus on the Family Action has pulled a video from its Web site that had asked people to pray for "rain of biblical proportions" during Sen. Barack Obama's acceptance speech at Invesco Field on Aug. 28.

The political arm of Focus on the Family pulled the video Monday after a number of complaints from Focus members.

Stuart Shepard, the director of digital media for the group, wrote and starred in the video that he described as "mildly humorous."

In the video, Shepard called for Christians to pray for "abundant, torrential" rains during the Democratic nominee's acceptance speech in order to disrupt it. He had asked Christians to pray for rain that would create flash flood warnings and "swamp the intersections."

In the video, Shepard said he hoped the rain would start "two minutes before the acceptance speech begins."

"I'm still pro life, and I'm still in favor of marriage as being between one man and one woman," Shepard said in his video. "And I would like the next president who will select justices for the next Supreme Court to agree."

The video was posted on the Internet on July 30.

A spokesman for Focus on the Family Action said they regret the video and removed it. Focus on the Family Action lobbies for and against political issues.

YouTube - Man asks people to pray for rain during Obama's DNC speech
Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #322
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

You can't be serious? It's a big part of Carosi's book, it's a big part of the mass emails going around, it's a big part of Rush/Hannity/Beck programs...

I'm sorry you don't notice it.

And re-read that article it's not talking about his "nationality" it's talking about how he didn't grow up in middle America, his "roots" aren't really America. Your heroes talk about this all the time, but because they are smart enough to not be blantant about you don't notice.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #323
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Focus On Family Pulls Controversial Obama 'Rain' Video - Politics News Story - KMGH Denver

DENVER -- Focus on the Family Action has pulled a video from its Web site that had asked people to pray for "rain of biblical proportions" during Sen. Barack Obama's acceptance speech at Invesco Field on Aug. 28.

The political arm of Focus on the Family pulled the video Monday after a number of complaints from Focus members.

Stuart Shepard, the director of digital media for the group, wrote and starred in the video that he described as "mildly humorous."

In the video, Shepard called for Christians to pray for "abundant, torrential" rains during the Democratic nominee's acceptance speech in order to disrupt it. He had asked Christians to pray for rain that would create flash flood warnings and "swamp the intersections."

In the video, Shepard said he hoped the rain would start "two minutes before the acceptance speech begins."

"I'm still pro life, and I'm still in favor of marriage as being between one man and one woman," Shepard said in his video. "And I would like the next president who will select justices for the next Supreme Court to agree."

The video was posted on the Internet on July 30.

A spokesman for Focus on the Family Action said they regret the video and removed it. Focus on the Family Action lobbies for and against political issues.

YouTube - Man asks people to pray for rain during Obama's DNC speech
Wow... Focus on the Hatred is back to their same ole shit.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #324
Blue Crack Addict

Well at least they got complaints from FOTF members

They complain about that ad but not some of the other outrageous things they say and do?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

Well maybe they figured that flooding might wash away some of their own as well.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #326
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
it's a big part of Rush/Hannity/Beck programs...

Your heroes talk about this all the time, but because they are smart enough to not be blantant about you don't notice.
Bull. Show me.

The only part of that article that conservatives have used against Obama is Wright, as he should be.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

The Fairbanks, Alaska Republican mayor has reservations about McCain's intellectual ability and tells Republicans there to vote for Obama.

Quote:
Republican Mayor Jim Whitaker has said he is endorsing Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.

“My goal is to let Republicans have a clear understanding that their right to vote should not be restricted by any party affiliation,” the borough mayor said. He said the economic and political challenges facing the state and country are broader than political parties alone can address and suggested Republicans should consider crossing party lines by focusing on the strongest candidate this year.

Whitaker, a former state lawmaker, said a comparison of Obama and Republican Sen. John McCain leads him to believe Obama has the stronger “intellectual capacity” and a greater ability to manifest it.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #328
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Bull. Show me.

The only part of that article that conservatives have used against Obama is Wright, as he should be.
Rush has made fun of his name, ran parody songs 'The Magic Negro', and his arrogant upbringing(which is just laughable).

Hannity has entertained the Muslim connections, and has defended many of the lies in Carosi's book.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The Fairbanks, Alaska Republican mayor has reservations about McCain's intellectual ability and tells Republicans there to vote for Obama.
Between him and Ted Stevens they're having troubles in Alaska.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #330
Blue Crack Addict

Blender had them name their top ten songs

BARACK OBAMA

1. Ready or Not Fugees
2. What's Going On Marvin Gaye
3. I'm On Fire Bruce Spingsteen
4. Gimme Shelter Rolling Stones
5. Sinnerman Nina Simone
6. Touch the Sky Kanye West
7. You'd Be So Easy to Love Frank Sinatra