US 08 Presidential Campaign General Discussion Thread #7 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #301
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Affairs have become so common in politics, there's no point. Both political parties have had their share of scandals (Foley, Vitter, Craig, Clinton, Spitzer, now Edwards) so it would be dumb for Democrats to rejoice over a Republican affair, or vice-versa. The only proper thing to do is to be disappointed and feel sorry for their families.

just as an aside, you know what's interesting about this -- the Democrats get caught cheating in what might be considered a "normal" context. like, they have affairs with prostitutes or younger women or whatever, but it's all not that surprising, really.

the Republicans are cruising for blow jobs in airport bathrooms or paying prostitutes to put them in diapers.

just sayin'.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #302
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
just as an aside, .
Why do you seem to have this thing about saying republican behavior is worse than Democrats? It is not true....the democrats have had their share of poor behavior as well.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #303
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:41 AM
I agree, an affair is an affair (and lying is lying) whether it's hitting up an intern for a blow job or cruising for favors from men in a public bathroom.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 08-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #304
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

CORSI: [random bigotry, racism and hatred]
What a charming individual.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #305
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
I agree, an affair is an affair (and lying is lying) whether it's hitting up an intern for a blow job or cruising for favors from men in a public bathroom.

If they wanted to get Larry Craig they should have got him with his body parts exposed in a public place in a sexual activity.

Larry Craig's actions tapping a foot, and a hand motion were not sufficient for any real conviction, had he chose to fight it.

Edwards, Clinton and Craig may have exercised poor judgment but they really did not break any laws.

Senator Vittner paid for the services of a prostitute in LA? or elsewhere when he was a U. S. Congressman, after he had sworn to uphold the laws and protect the Constitution.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #306
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:41 AM
I don't disagree that using a prostitute is legally different; the discussion I was replying to concerned "poor behavior" and how "normal" or abnormal various forms of it are.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 08-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #307
Blue Crack Addict

Sorry I quoted you.

I was really directing this at anyone that cares to get involved in judging personal behavior outside of their own relationships.

Bill Clinton displayed "bad" personal behavior, but he was a very good President.

George W Bush may display "good" personal behavior but he has been about one of our worst Presidents, ever.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #308
Blue Crack Addict

This is just awesome

YouTube - Barackroll and Rickroll - Side by Side
Old 08-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #309
Blue Crack Distributor

Nice.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #310
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post

it seems to me that the Republicans have a few more psychosexual issues to work out, is all.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #311
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
That's great.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #312
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
it seems to me that the Republicans have a few more psychosexual issues to work out, is all.
It seems to me that you would be more sensitive to people who may be repressing homosexual tendancies. But since you are calling the behavior of Republicans into question I leave you with some names:

Ted Kennedy - Manslaughter
Rep. Gerry Studds - Sex with a minor
Rep. Mel Reynolds - Sex with minor(s)
Rep. Brany Frank - Prostitution Ring out of Apartment.

There is more, but what does it prove. There are issues all around.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:24 AM   #313
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
It seems to me that you would be more sensitive to people who may be repressing homosexual tendancies. But since you are calling the behavior of Republicans into question I leave you with some names:

Ted Kennedy - Manslaughter
Rep. Gerry Studds - Sex with a minor
Rep. Mel Reynolds - Sex with minor(s)
Rep. Brany Frank - Prostitution Ring out of Apartment.

There is more, but what does it prove. There are issues all around.

i have contempt and pity for Larry Craig and Mark Foley.

none for Vitter, though. just contempt.

you're also implicating Frank in a bit more than he's actually responsible for.

but the grander point i'm making is that none of these men have ever positioned themselves as part of a party that thinks it's some sort of arbiter of morality, or that only one kind of sex is the acceptable kind of sex, or presented bogus notions of "family values" that have nothing to do with their lived in reality. setting aside Ted Kennedy, since i was talking about sex, both Studds and Frank never, ever positioned themselves as advocates of "family values" or whatever nonsense has been at the center of the Republican party social platform for 20 years. just like i'm not all that concerned at who gives Bill Clinton a blowjob. we all knew he was a sleaze and would chase anything with a skirt. at least he didn't persecute others for the same behavior.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:23 AM   #314
Blue Crack Addict

Old 08-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #315
Blue Crack Addict

She definitely had bad people working on her campaign.

WASHINGTON (AP) ― Hillary Rodham Clinton's top campaign strategist advised her to cast presidential rival Barack Obama as having questionable "roots to basic American values and culture" and use the theme to counter the image that his background is diverse and multicultural.

"I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values," Mark Penn wrote in a March 2007 memo to Clinton.

Clinton did not take Penn's advice, revealed by a report in the September issue of The Atlantic magazine.

The article says Clinton's campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination went from front-runner status to failure for a number of reasons, from badly managed money to blistering warfare between advisers. Clinton, the candidate who said she was ready to lead on Day One of her administration, did little to quell the infighting.

Clinton grew angry during a conference call with her senior aides about how to recover from her loss in the Iowa caucuses. She found herself doing most of the post-mortem, to near-silence on the other end of the line.

"This has been a very instructive call, talking to myself," Clinton snapped, and hung up, the magazine reported.

Mostly, the disputes were over whether to go negative against Obama, a half-black, Harvard-trained lawyer with a gift for soaring rhetoric and big themes.

Penn advised going negative.

Obama's background — he grew up in Indonesia and Hawaii — was a "lack of American roots," Penn wrote. Also a weakness, he added, was the divisive rhetoric of Obama's controversial pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who cursed America during a sermon.

"Won't a single tape of Wright going off on America with Obama sitting there be a game-ender?" Penn wrote in a March 30 memo.

Penn's memos also contained prescient advice. The memo from March 2007 talked about the importance of a key voting bloc he called "the invisible Americans" — women and lower- and middle-class voters.

Those groups helped Clinton beat Obama in key states before she quit the race in June.