URGENT! I need Bono's opinion on cloning.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
One of my friends is writing an essay for college and she needs to know his opinion. I can't recall it, do any of y'all know? (Please lets not turn this into a debate thread over the issue I just need his opinion and that's that.)

I didn't know Bono spoke about his view on cloning but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. Can you not just search this on Yahoo? :huh:

I can just imagine Bono creating a Mini-Me and going on tour with him.

A thread on cloning was the first note I ever posted in FYM. It was during the cloning controversy a couple of years back. I don't remember anyone knowing Bono's opinion on cloning.

Ah I was going to post about Edge not having a problem with it! I remember BP Fallon asking him a series of questions, and Edge replied with something about a "clone" of him "with good timing"!
Too late I suppose and it was more or less a tongue in cheek thing anyway!

Why would anyone who doesn't have a problem with abortion have a problem with cloning? If it can save lives, why not?

drhark said:
Why would anyone who doesn't have a problem with abortion have a problem with cloning? If it can save lives, why not?
Can you elaborate? I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. I mean abortion can save lives and it has. The technology of cloning can save lives but cloning itself is very questionable. I sense sarcasm but even then your point isn't really made.

One must be more specific when talking about cloning, I am sure that anitam could elaborate but cloning is a standard procedure within the biotech industry I am too tired to go back and check my textbook. Now if we get talking about cloning human beings to raise as genetically identical copies then that is different. I dont have any problem with that once the technology reaches the stage where there isnt so much wastage and you can avoid creating deformed individuals.

Do Miss America said:

I mean abortion can save lives and it has.

I apologize for bringing one difficult topic into another difficult topic (cloning). I apologize it lead to a disatrous statement such as this one. I won't do it again.

drhark said:

I apologize for bringing one difficult topic into another difficult topic (cloning). I apologize it lead to a disatrous statement such as this one. I won't do it again.

My sister's life was saved by one. Continuing to carry the baby to birth would have killed her. So why don't you keep your arrogant vaunter to yourself and actually try and debate the subjects instead of always skirting around them.

Oops I stumbled upon the 0.00001% case where the life of the mother was compromised. I'm going to risk being kicked off this board and go out on a limb and say I don't believe you. The reason is, first of all, the odds, and second of all that you said "would have" meaning 100%. I might have believed you had you said "could have" or "most likely".

Yes I'm arrogant. I have strong opinions. I like to exercise my brain with the back and forth. Especially on threads where everyone agrees. Quite addictive, actually.

And I may be a smartass, or wrong at times but I'm not mean spirited. And you've been dealing with the jabs quite well

:sigh:

Wow, people have really been getting testy in here lately. DMA, drhark apologized. There was no need for that.

And, drhark, there's no need to say you "don't believe" DMA. Obviously it's her sister, she was there, etc.

Okay, can we keep this thread on track now?

drhark said:
Oops I stumbled upon the 0.00001% case where the life of the mother was compromised. I'm going to risk being kicked off this board and go out on a limb and say I don't believe you. The reason is, first of all, the odds, and second of all that you said "would have" meaning 100%. I might have believed you had you said "could have" or "most likely".

Yes I'm arrogant. I have strong opinions. I like to exercise my brain with the back and forth. Especially on threads where everyone agrees. Quite addictive, actually.

And I may be a smartass, or wrong at times but I'm not mean spirited. And you've been dealing with the jabs quite well

You cannot believe me all you want. Yes the doctors gave her some 90% chance that she would die. It was the hardest decision she's ever had to make. My sister has not had children since and has adopted 2 beautiful children.

Yes you're quite arrogant, at least you realise it. But as far as the back and forth go, it's good to have someone that believes differently than you, but I've seen too often in just your first few days here(I'm no expert I'm fairly new too) where you will ignore questions or skirt around them and that doesn't help anyone.

paxetaurora said:
:sigh:

Wow, people have really been getting testy in here lately. DMA, drhark apologized. There was no need for that.

And, drhark, there's no need to say you "don't believe" DMA. Obviously it's her sister, she was there, etc.

Okay, can we keep this thread on track now?

Sorry I didn't see it as a real apolgy since he called my statement disatrous leading me to believe that he saw no truth to my statement. All I heard was sarcasm.

I stand corrected.

I don't always have the time to engage in long heated discussion. Sometimes I just throw my 2 cents in. Feel free to ignore it, debate it, tell me I'm out of line, or tear me a new a**hole. I can take it.

I'm new to this. I'll never post on the "A" word again. I should have known

Back
Top Bottom