Universality of God... - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2004, 06:45 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheFirstBigW
I guess all that I can do is ask: What if it is actually true?
And what if it isn't? There's no way for anybody to fully know for sure. Have very strong faith that this is what will happen if you wish, but none of us on this earth will know for sure what will happen until the time comes.

And that applies to me as well-I have my own beliefs regarding what happens when this life is over, but I'm not presenting them as fact, because I don't know for sure that what I believe will happen will actually happen. I could easily be wrong.

If what you're saying turns out to be true, then so be it. But personally, I'll be a little disappointed to know that the god I believed in is the selective type.

No offense or anything to you or your beliefs and whatnot, that's just how I feel.

Angela

Old 07-12-2004, 12:53 AM   #77
The Fly

Local Time: 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

And that applies to me as well-I have my own beliefs regarding what happens when this life is over, but I'm not presenting them as fact, because I don't know for sure that what I believe will happen will actually happen. I could easily be wrong..
I guess that I could be wrong about some of this, too.
I don't mean to come across as a closed-minded know-it-all (some people here seem to perceive me as a fire-and-brimstone type for some reason), but I guess that as long as I believe that people are in danger if they don't incorporate these principles into their lives, I have to continue to speak up about them.
Quote:

If what you're saying turns out to be true, then so be it. But personally, I'll be a little disappointed to know that the god I believed in is the selective type.
I don't think that it means that God is the "selective type" as much as it means that God has simply established a certain set of rules that he wants us to follow in order to complete a purification process.
The good news is that the invitation is open to everyone (and I'm pretty certain that anyone who doesn't manage to get an invitation in this life will still get a chance to accept the invitation at some point).
Quote:

No offense or anything to you or your beliefs and whatnot, that's just how I feel.
I can respect that.

Old 07-12-2004, 01:02 AM   #78
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

We're going round and round here so I'll bow out and leave this thread alone. Take care.
You're right, we were starting to come full-circle.
Take care as well.
It was an interesting discussion.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:04 AM   #79
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I'm not doing anything tomorrow, but you said you would bow out of this thread so I better stop hijacking it.
Well, since this thread seems to be on its last leg and the thread's original author seems to have abandoned it for good, I'd say that anyone who is so inclined should feel free to turn this into a full-time discussion on ostrich breeding.