UN Follies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Its good to know that the UN is an equal oppertunity employer considering that they are fine with employing those from the terrorist organization Hamas. One more example of the UN doing its best in maintaining true neutrality - by helping terrorists kill Israelis - of course when the suicide bombs go off they are no longer connected to the UNRHA in any way shape or form.

On Sunday, Hansen told Canada's CBC television, "I am sure that there are Hamas members on the UNRWA payroll and I don't see that as a crime." He added, "I don't know whom they are, but I can imagine there would be people with all sorts of sympathies, just as there are anywhere."
"Hamas as a political organization does not mean that every member is a militant and we do not do political vetting and exclude people from one persuasion as against another," Hansen said.
In the interview, Hansen added that "whatever their political persuasion is, members of his staff are required to "behave in accordance with UN standards and norms for neutrality."
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1096870636345

You see this is why I have no respect for the UN. They use neutrality as an excuse to aid terrorists (the footage of the Kassem rocket is but one of many instances of UN Ambulances acting as terrorist joy rides). They blast Israel to no end and are not even handed in their condemnation of terrorism (because as we all know terrorism agains Jews is millitant action - not terrorism).

The approval of terrorism by the UN (in its Zionism is Racism resolution, Durban conference on Racism and any means of resistance is justified for Palestinians - including violence against innocents) disgusts me. I would not shed a tear if the entire organization was relegated to the history books - it has betrayed its noble ideological foundations, a wretched hive of scum and villainy indeed. I want to see an organization that is dedicated to justice in the world, not the status quo. One that will not reward violence - but rather good governance. A catalyst to make the world a safer place through liberty, understanding and respect for fundamental human rights.

I am sick of the UN - a den of kleptocracies and terrorists being treated as an ideal forum for grievences. If that is the global community - I want out!

Last edited:
No, but i can compare the emotions A_Wanderer has about UN supporting terrorists and the US supporting terrorists.

The UN tried years ago to define terrorism because if there is no international agreement of the word "terrorists" it's hard to act against them.
It would be funny if it wasn't that serious but the documents became larger and larger because every nation wanted to exclude the terrorism they support which - in the end - resulted in no definition of terrorism :(

Terrorism = war waged against defenceless civilians to pursue political or ideological objectives.

Are the anti-Mullah groups operating agains the government or the people. There are plenty of Free Iran groups that would enjoy my support - especially the student based ones. If these groups were dedicated to working against the Iranian government then yes I would support them, if they did so by killing innocent people then I would not. Can you give me evidence that there are those in the Free Iran movement are terrorists.

Terrorism = war waged against defenceless civilians to pursue political or ideological objectives.

yes i agree with that definiton.
Also by that definition the terror-strikes of al-quaida against US military bases (or the USS cole) wouldn't be terrorism

I'm sorry but can't help you with the link. I posted it on the war forum quite a time ago (I started a thread with that).
In the article you could read that the US supported terrorists who attacked civilians in Iran to accelerate a regime-change in Iran.

A_Wanderer said:

The approval of terrorism by the UN (in its Zionism is Racism resolution, Durban conference on Racism and any means of resistance is justified for Palestinians - including violence against innocents) disgusts me.

It really would be interesting to know when the UN approved terrorism at the Durban Conference. I would like a direct quote of that, and please post the whole speech or resolution (not just a sentence).

I would be very surprised if that was not a matter of your interpretation, but indeed a quote like "We approve terrorism". Go ahead, I´m pretty curious.

Klaus said:
Are you sick of the US too because they harbour anti-Iranian terrorists?

Against my better judgement I am going to do the political thing!Im such a sucker te he he :wink:

But serisously, our country also harbours people (Americans!!) that have funded terroism. The IRA's violent campaigns have been funded primarily by American dollars.

That is something that is never really addressed and it most certainly should be.

After- thought.... I just remembered that this thread is to do with the UN. I got so lost on terroism aspect and ran with it... .sorry all

Carrie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom