UK: Banning Those Evil Knives - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:31 PM
UK: Banning Those Evil Knives

"A gun is just tool. No better and no worse than any other tool, a shovel or an axe or a saddle or a stove or anything. Think of it always that way. A gun is as good and as bad--as the man who carries it. Remember that."

~Shane by Jack Schaefer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle684784.ece

Old 01-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
Jesus Online

Local Time: 03:31 PM
You can't be serious, iron horse. For fucks sake. You cannot honestly believe the bile you spew in here. But hey, if a newspaper with stories as good as Britney & Islam: Will It Help? says so, then who am I to argue.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:38 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:31 AM
Are you trying to be witty?
Old 01-15-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
Jesus Online

Local Time: 03:31 PM
you mean me or iron horse?
Old 01-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:31 AM
No, no, you please continue
Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 05:31 AM
I work for the cops here in the UK (although I'm civilian staff, not a cop) and in my experience, we've been prosecuting folk for possession of an offensive weapon (including knives in that bracket) for ages. Nothing new there. I'm sure some get cautions (depending on the circumstances) but by no means all

You get searched, you've got anything in your pockets that can be used as an offensive weapon, you're hauled back to the clink. Knives, hammers, baseball bats: if you're out the house and got them in your pocket, and cannot prove beyond reasonable doubt that they were there for innocent purposes, you're off to court. But particularly so for knives - there's quite a knife crime problem here at the mo

this isn't news.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2
I work for the cops here in the UK (although I'm civilian staff, not a cop) and in my experience, we've been prosecuting folk for possession of an offensive weapon (including knives in that bracket) for ages. Nothing new there. I'm sure some get cautions (depending on the circumstances) but by no means all

You get searched, you've got anything in your pockets that can be used as an offensive weapon, you're hauled back to the clink. Knives, hammers, baseball bats: if you're out the house and got them in your pocket, and cannot prove beyond reasonable doubt that they were there for innocent purposes, you're off to court. But particularly so for knives - there's quite a knife crime problem here at the mo

this isn't news.

Ten years of Labour government

+

tabloid hysteria

=

Restriction of freedoms of the individual
Old 01-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The poor individual who isn't allowed to walk around in a city with a knife. How else, if not with a machete, should the individual get through the urban jungle?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #9
The Fly

Local Time: 04:31 AM
I live in New Mexico, U.S. and we have a law that a person can get a permit to carry a concealed weapon meaning a gun in your car. Most of the homicides in my city have been by guns as in most U.S. cities. Last year a student at the high school my son graduated from was shot while he sat in the back seat of a friend's car. The guy who shot him did it, because the kid was tossing rocks in the street while waiting for a ride home. This guy followed the kid and his friends car then went up to car and shot him while the car was at a stop sign. The kid died and he was only 17. The ironic thing is that the kid that was shot was a student activist against gun violence in the city's high schools and a good student. America has a worse problem with violence than Britain and its easy to get any weapon you want in America. Los Angeles has a huge homicide problem in battles over ethnic neighborhoods right now. The Mexican gangs are killing blcak people over turf and are shooting people because of their race. Read the Los Angeles papers if you want to get depressed. Ak47 is choice weapon of gangs. Ten years ago I worked with gang kids and they explained the reason for the baggy pants fashion was that its easier to hide a gun.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:16 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Ten years of Labour government

+

tabloid hysteria

=

Restriction of freedoms of the individual
Why complain, it's been a blueprint for every other western government on how to rob people of their freedoms with a smile.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:31 PM
"America has a worse problem with violence than Britain and its easy to get any weapon you want in America. Los Angeles has a huge homicide problem in battles over ethnic neighborhoods right now. The Mexican gangs are killing blcak people over turf and are shooting people because of their race. Read the Los Angeles papers if you want to get depressed. Ak47 is choice weapon of gangs. Ten years ago I worked with gang kids and they explained the reason for the baggy pants fashion was that its easier to hide a gun."

~watergate

America has a worse problem with violence than Britain

-Something to discuss. From what I have read, since Brtitain's gun ban, home invasions and gun related violence has increased,
plus the use of knives.

-and its easy to get any weapon you want in America.

It was real easy 50 years ago. You could mail order a gun with no questions asked. And oh yeah, remember all those shootings years ago?

To blame recent violence with the avalibity of guns is ignoring a heap of social problems.

The cities in the U.S. with the strictists gun control have the the highest gun related homocides.

We have restrictions here in the U.S. now and if the anti-gun position is correct we should have all shot ourselves years ago.

Not sure I said that right, but my 2-cents.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:52 AM   #12
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:31 PM
A gun is a tool?

Tools build, not destroy.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:31 PM
A chainsaw?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
A chainsaw?
You need wood to build.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #15
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I have a feeling if he was cleaning a hammer or a knife his wife and kid would still be alive.

FOXNews.com - Man Accidentally Kills Pregnant Wife While Cleaning Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News