Uhoh.. Bush is coming to my hometown - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 03:05 AM

I'd stay at home and watch the re-runs of the whole thing. Besides you're supposed to be cutting back on our national addiction to gasoline....so ask yourself ......would this be a fuel-efficient event to attend?

Old 05-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:05 PM
I wouldn't dignify the lunatic with an appearance, no.

Scrub your toilet or something instead.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:05 PM
yo hiphop-

when he hits your city, think of me

dbs
Old 05-05-2006, 01:23 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
I wouldn't dignify the lunatic with an appearance, no.

Scrub your toilet or something instead.
Ladies and Gents - we have a winner!

What a lovely message in the early morning!

-dbs, where did ya leave the 9.. say good morning to your wife!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:48 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono

Do you mean to say that you'll be happy if George Bush is gone even if Al-Qaida remains and Iraq is still ruled by terrorist thugs?

Is George Bush the ONLY problem in your opinion?

I'm not looking for a fight, I'd just like to understand your position.

Yeah, I'm fed up with Bush. Like most politicians, he only became Prez cause of who his Dad was. Nepotism at it's most pure. It shows in his blatant ignorance. He hardly earned his presidency, and debate still continues as to whether he really did win the 2000 election. He's also messed up the Iraq situation big time.

Is the war on terrorism being won?

Will the war in Iraq ever end?

Is the Civil War that is currently being waged in Iraq (Don't deny it, it's true) a better outcome than the comparatively peaceful, (yet undeniably genocidal and dictatorial), rule of Saddam.

The whole Iraq thing has been mishandled in my opinion. Bush has done nothing redeeming. He can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.

Bush is not the only problem. But he is a cause of problems. Most of the world will be glad to see the back of him.

I don't remember Bush and Rumsfeld stating when they first went to war, that it was necessary for a messy and bloody Civil War to rage on seemingly endlessly.

I don't know if Bush "Regime" has been better than Clinton on the domestic front (I hope he has, for the sake of Americans), but he's been abysmal internationally....
Old 05-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

Yeah, I'm fed up with Bush. Like most politicians, he only became Prez cause of who his Dad was. Nepotism at it's most pure. It shows in his blatant ignorance. He hardly earned his presidency, and debate still continues as to whether he really did win the 2000 election. He's also messed up the Iraq situation big time.

Is the war on terrorism being won?

Will the war in Iraq ever end?

Is the Civil War that is currently being waged in Iraq (Don't deny it, it's true) a better outcome than the comparatively peaceful, (yet undeniably genocidal and dictatorial), rule of Saddam.

The whole Iraq thing has been mishandled in my opinion. Bush has done nothing redeeming. He can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.

Bush is not the only problem. But he is a cause of problems. Most of the world will be glad to see the back of him.

I don't remember Bush and Rumsfeld stating when they first went to war, that it was necessary for a messy and bloody Civil War to rage on seemingly endlessly.

I don't know if Bush "Regime" has been better than Clinton on the domestic front (I hope he has, for the sake of Americans), but he's been abysmal internationally....
There is currently no Civil War in Iraq. A Civil War is not when insurgents or other armed groups go out and target a particular ethnic group or religious site in the hopes of starting a Civil War. Look at Bosnia and Rawanda. Those are examples of civil wars between 2 or more ethnic groups.

The US military and other coalition troops who have to deal with events on the ground 24 hours a day, 7 days a week have not seen any evidence of a Civil War. In fact, recently uncovered documents from Al Zarqawi's insurgent groups show that his particular insurgent group is responsible for much of the kidnapping and shooting of people of particular ethnic groups as well as stating that their #1 objective is to create a Civil War because it would be benificial to their goals in Iraq.

Saddam was a massive threat to the world and the region and had to be removed. Can you name another leader on the planet that had invaded and attacked unprovoked four other countries in the region. Came close to siezing and or sabotaging much of the planets energy supplies. Used WMD more times than any leader in history. Failed to verifiably disarm of all WMD in compliance with the 1991 Gulf War Ceacefire agreement as well as being in violation of 17 UN security council resolutions.

Without even discussing the 1.7 million people, both Iraqi's and foreigners that were killed while Saddam was in power, the above facts show why it was necessary that he be removed. The coalition spent 12 years trying to get Saddam to verifiably disarm and comply with the resolutions but nothing worked. In 1999, the Sanctions started to fall apart as well as much of the containment regime. With unaccouned for stocks of WMD and a crumbling containment regime, the risk was very real, and rather than wait for Saddam to do something to his neighbors as the international community had always done in the past, the coalition took the necessary action to prevent a repeat of history.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:05 PM
Yes, but is the current state of affairs really what the "coalition of the willing" anticipated?

Tell me for certain, is there an end in sight for the situation in Iraq, or is it spiralling outta control?

I thought the war was only gonna last a couple of months, not several years. It seems as if the situation has been misread by Bush and Co.

Maybe it's best if he's voted out and a new plan of attack is employed.

And please don't, please don't refer to the Rwandan situation as a civil war between "ethnic" groups. They were not ethnicities, they were manufactured identities which served as a way of distinguishing between people who worked in different areas for a bigoted,racist and ultimately guilty Beligian empire.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:27 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
I think that you should act more responsibly than the people who, by their protesting, are hoping for America's defeat in the war on terror in general and in Iraq in particular.

In other words....just go about your daily life and give a big hug to your family and friends - spread the love.
yeah, thanks supreme cutlas. that was great.

please protest, and tell bush to go back to texas and never come out again.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:29 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:05 PM
oh, and look - sting2 is here to protect george.

there is no civil war!!!!!!

i can see the next sting2 report:

"vast ma7ority of iraqis still alive, war on terror won"
Old 05-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
I thought the war was only gonna last a couple of months, not several years. It seems as if the situation has been misread by Bush and Co.

It wasn´t misread. The danger of a war taking years and years, of another Vietnam, was quite clear to EVERYONE who has the faintest idea about war. You can still trace that back to STINGs and my contributions on FYM. I always said: "Who can guarantee that it will not take years and years? Who can guarantee there will be no civil war?"

Other people, like the U.S. administration, said it´s going to be nice and easy, we´ll remove Saddam, as soon as he´s out we will install democracy and everyone will be happy" Hahahaha!

These are the very people who make big business with this war.

Do you think they would LIKE it to end? These politicians are murderers. They do not have any human motives.

Oh let´s not forget to hail the American troops on the way out! God bless the American soldiers, muahahahah *explosion in the background*
Old 05-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Wien !!

and Mozart Choclates..
Old 05-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan
Wien !!

and Mozart Choclates..

you got it right
Old 05-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #28
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:05 AM
if you see him give him a great big kick in the crotch from me! (And yeah ive come into this thread quite late so im not making some long meaningful post sorry...!)
Old 05-17-2006, 03:56 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

lol

ok