Uh Oh...Where's Dread? (Summer of '04 Edition)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I recently received a classified communique from our good friend DreadSox. Apparently he is okay, but he's not allowed to tell me where he is or what he's doing there. I personally think he's undergoing rigorous background checks and physical fitness tests to replace Cheney on the ticket as the kinder, gentler, New Englander face of the Republican Party, but hey, that's just me.

Yes, you guessed it: Now a summer tradition in FYM, it's time for our "Where's Dread?" contest. The winner will receive a souvenir Ronald Reagan candy dish and a bottle of the new low-carb, low-calorie Coke. Place your bets.

:)

Last edited:
I heard he's been in Washington shooting and directing a documentary called 'No Moore', a right wing retaliation to "F 911". If deadlines are met the movie will be out in theaters at the end of the summer, just in time for the elections.

I wouldn't wish that particular job on anyone, should Bush win. Trying to make a torrent of bad news sound good (or at least palatable) can't be easy.

Angie, you mean he was on the fence?

I don't know where Dreadsox is. Maybe, um, I dunno... he's somewhere that's not here!

I want to know where I am. That's what I want to know.

Dread sent me a text message this morning. Unfortunately, it seems to have been corrupted by a bug of some sort, because all I could make out was "milkshake," "armadillo," and "blue crack."

oh, so.....

let em translate...."Dreadsox's milkshake is better than armidillos, It brings all the boys to the blue crack!"

...or something like that. :yes:

Poor guy is stuck somewhere between MTV and Animal Planet on our Cable Line-up. (C-SPAN?)

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I heard he's been in Washington shooting and directing a documentary called 'No Moore', a right wing retaliation to "F 911". If deadlines are met the movie will be out in theaters at the end of the summer, just in time for the elections.

I was all set to begin filming, had everything in order except the person I wanted to do the filming, FYM's Melon, is quite busy putting the finishing touches on a much more important film.

Then, while I was there in DC, I found that there is already a film-maker making this film already, although it does not have the same title.

All my hard work down the drain.:sad:

verte76 said:
Actually, I heard he was in D.C. practicing speeches for his new job as the incoming White House Press Secretary.:wink:

I was actually beginning to do my homework in this area....by starting with Mr. Franken's book. I am a man of my word and I did indeed read the book as I promised Mr. Melon I would. I found most of it to be well researched, and humorous. I also disagree with parts of it. No surprise there. The problem is, that the White House found out that I have read the book and they ripped away my security clearance.

:mad:

A_Wanderer said:
Why do I have this image of a motorbike and an open road with dread riding off into the sunset?

Nope....SCION xB Hot Lava color

lWbMERnCV3ROsd4oUbkcWapMKc8djTZ500A0.jpg

Scarletwine said:
He just joined Kerry/Edwards election staff and will be spending the summer on the campaign trail. :ohmy:

I did crack my head on a rock in Lake Winnepesaukiekekalif (What About Bob Lake in NH) and I was on my way to join the party, when I had a slight diversion. My wife, convinced me that the orange Scion xB needed flames. So, she took advantage of my weakened state, and off we went to have silver flames put on the orange box. By the time I realized what was going on, I came to my senses and decided silver flames was the craziest thing I was going to do.

Back
Top Bottom