U2Bama's Dislikes - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2002, 01:43 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:47 AM
kobayashi's dislikes:
my biggest is when people beat a dead horse on a joke that wasn't that funny to begin with

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

Old 01-12-2002, 02:54 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama:
Considering that I could not even endure the 60-second commercials they used to show on televsion, I am certain that I would not enjoy an entire show. I guess it means I have no culture, but I have never enjoyed such performances.

Well, it certainly doesn't mean you 'have no culture'-but my addendum-Riverdance only post Michael Flatley-and NOT Lord Of The Dance or Feet Of Flames.

I cannot stand Flatley-an arrogant pompous fool imo who gives Irish people a bad name. OK-that's my short rant on my 'dislike' for the day. And I confess-I didn't know what a couple of things on your list were-but I trust your judgment.

And you're quite welcome-I do so enjoy your Lettermanesque sense of humor.

Old 01-12-2002, 07:33 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Gina Marie:

your response regarding someone named Flatly and his dances further distances me from the whole Irish dancing movement; please bear in mind that I never even saw any of the "Breakin'" movies about breakdancing movies in the 1980s.

Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
(since I work at CC's Coffee Shop)
My plan is working.

~U2Alabama
Old 01-12-2002, 08:37 PM   #34
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:47 PM
My dislikes:
1. People who don't know when to stop.
2. Annoying X-rated 'music' video.
3. Impolite people.
4. Any food which is hot and sour.
5. Noisy people in the library.
6. Telephone rings.
7. Pretentious people.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:10 PM   #35
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
Oh look, it's the most boring man in football.

Not a Newcastle fan then, brettig?
nah i am...and theyre top!!!!!!!!

boring?

Old 01-12-2002, 09:36 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by christiana:
My dislikes:
4. Any food which is hot and sour.
Does this include "hot & sour soup"? I see you are from Hong Kong, and the Chinese restaurants here serve a wonderous concoction of hot & sour soup. Surely you don't dislike it?

~U2Alabama
Old 01-12-2002, 09:43 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:
T)Effeminate males - no, its not a homophobic thing, I just think men should act like men, and I can't stand the 'camp' act that some homosexual people do.
Don't worry about it. I'm gay and I can't stand the whole "camp" act either. It kinda scares me, and, most certainly, I don't find it attractive.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 01-12-2002, 09:53 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

My dislikes, in no particular order:

1) Legislated homophobia
2) Stereotypes
3) Social conservatism
4) Faith-based initiatives
5) Infomercials/Advertisements
6) Pay TV
7) Windows XP's activation / .net initiatives
8) Copy protection
9) Gospel music
10) Ronald Reagan
11) Pat Robertson
12) Jerry Falwell
13) Calvinist Protestantism and all derivatives
14) The Vatican
15) Traditions
16) Republicans
17) Fads
18) Rap/R&B music
19) Televised sports
20) Educational/Social disparities
21) Laissez-faire capitalism
22) Ignorance

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 01-12-2002, 10:01 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:
T)Effeminate males - no, its not a homophobic thing, I just think men should act like men, and I can't stand the 'camp' act that some homosexual people do.Ant.
how do you know it's an act?
Old 01-12-2002, 10:24 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:47 AM
OOH! My turn! But I will only list 10 dislikes.
[list=1][*]Accordion music. My grandfather used to play it and he was good at it. But, God bless his soul, I couldn't stand that noise.[*] Polka Music. I'm Polish and Czech - so this is almost sacrilegious - but this is more noise I could never tolerate.[*] Radiohead. Speaking of noise... I liked "Bends" - but after that, Radiohead became VERY uninteresting. I'd rather listen to N'Sync and Britney than them. Yes, you read right - I'd prefer trashy pop music over the overblown, bloated sounds of Radiohead. I feel they are one of the most over-rated trash bands ever.[*] Billy Corgan's voice. Unlike Radiohead, I actually liked the Smashing Pumpkins' music and lyrics. However, Corgan's nasally, whiney voice irritated my ears. I could have adored the Pumpkins if Corgan just didn't sing.[*] The Bush family. I didn't like the first George Bush and I don't like the second. Yes, the second is doing a decent job given today's world events, but that's because he has good speech writers and good cabinet members - perhaps the only wise thing he ever really did. And don't get me started on Jeb.[*] Any mention of U2 "selling-out." This all started during the AB era. Now tell me, after a band sells over 20 million albums (with JT and R&H), why on earth would this band then "sell-out" on AB? If U2 were to even approach "selling-out," it would be to make another JT. That said, even if U2 made another JT, is even that "selling-out?" After all, that is their sound! While the album wouldn't be as original, can anyone call U2 "sell-outs" for basically sounding like themselves? However, U2 didn't make another JT, they made AB, which, much like JT, sounded like nothing else out there at the time. Yet, from that moment on, moronic music fans have been declaring U2 as "sell-outs," and this ticks me off big time.[*] Calling ANY musician a "sell-out." I dislike this term "sell-out" so much that I will never use it again - even if I feel it is true. That's because I feel most people do not know when or how to use this term. For example, some people like a band, but if that band becomes a success, suddenly that band has "sold-out." Others dislike a band's new album, so they declare the band as "sell-outs." The world is full of morons, I guess.[*] The attitude of most Bostonians at first. Native Bostonians are very cold people. I've lived here for 4.5 years and have really just started breaking through the shell of some Bostonians. I've also seen people who moved here suddenly acquiring this "cold shell" after being here a while. Formerly warm and welcoming people, become very distrusting of new people. I will admit, once one breaks through this shell, Bostonians are amongst the loyalist of friends. It's just that it takes sometimes years to get through that shell. Coming from the mid-west, where I was able to strike up a conversation with anyone and had friends galore (and still do - every time I visit the MidWest), I am still in culture shock over the attitude in the general Boston area.[*] Discussions on Bono's voice. O.K., even I admit Bono's voice isn't as powerful as it once was. But really - listen to this man. Early on, Bono was a horrible signer, so much so that the Edge even wanted to fire him as the singer! As the years passed, Bono learned to sing, with evidence of this first appearing in the studio with UF. JT and R&H showcase Bono's vocal talents. However, even back then, Bono's vocals would suffer on a given night in concert (notice his voice cracking during the "woo-hoos" in "Bad" on R&H). Add 14 years onto this, and it's easy to see how his vocals might not be as strong. However, ATYCLB contains the strongest Bono vocals I've heard in over a decade. And while Bono struggled through the PopMart Tour, he sounded outstanding during the Elevation Tour, often extending notes and really proving to me how great of a singer he really is. Did Bono have off nights during the Elevatin Tour? You bet - but we all have off days. To attack a man for an off night is ludicrous. Bono's vocals are the reason I became interested in U2 and they are the reason I have remained a fan to this day. So stop it with the vocal slamming - I don't buy it at all.[*] Dalmatian hair. I love my dalmatian Alex. My world would not be the same without him. However, as much as I adore him, those little black and white hairs are EVERYWHERE! I never knew a short-haired dog would shed so much - yet I think he sheds his entire coat of hair everyday! My vacuum cleaner routinely contains 99% dog hair. UGH! [/list=a]

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 01-12-2002).]
Old 01-12-2002, 10:39 PM   #41
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

my dislikes, in no particular order: (this is kinda fun!)

disclaimer: don't agree with me? go ahead, flame me. i *dare* you. these are my opinions and if you don't agree, sod off. :P

1. mushrooms
2. bacon
3. dd bashings ... some people who frequent the chat and perhaps the forums, have made it a point to go out of their way to tell me how much they suck, knowing they're my favourite band. really, this is immature and quite stupid. instead of always doing this, let me tell you what else i find offensive so you can find other ways to hurt my feelings.
4. the word hate. i really don't hate anything, and if i say the word hate, it's a slip of the tongue after being brought up to use the word. it's pointless, really.
5. abscence of the letter u ... why did americans get rid of this, anyway?
6. people talking about others behind their back ... if i do it, i'm being sarcastic.
7. close-mindedness (??) ... eww.
8. negligence of the words "braf" and "pint." everyone should use these words.
9. people who don't understand my sarcasm.
10. PINK! (the colour, not the singer)

das ist alles...

------------------
when you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.
ME!
Old 01-13-2002, 12:27 AM   #42
The Fly

1)When my foot falls asleep
2)When I'm at dinner and someone asks me a question just as I've put a fork-full of food in my mouth
3)Prententious snobs
4)The war between conservatives and liberals.
5)Driving through Nashville.
6)Seafood-except fish if it is cooked properly (ironically, I've always lived near the ocean).
7)boxing and pro-wrestling
8)well...sports in general, just for the fact that too many people take it way too seriously.
9)PMS
10)rudeness
11)Dillard's
12)driving
13)my Junior High years-I don't know how I made it through
14)cliques
15)ochre
16)Alligators. I'm always having nightmares about them. Also,I had alligator tail once and I didn't really care for it. It had a kind of chewy texture. bleeech!
17)When people use public swimming areas as restrooms
18)roaches
19)spiders (except for the fact that they eat roaches)
20)when people are sarcastic all the time. A little now and then is fine but generally sarcasm is a cheap and hurtful way at getting a laugh at someone else's expense. It works on sitcoms (cause t.v. people don't have feelings unless it's in the script), but in real life it's just not that funny.
21)shyness
22)puking
23)Theraflu
24)man-bashing (and I'm a woman)
25)mayonnaise
26)excessively greasy food
27)cursing

Old 01-13-2002, 01:40 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie

so i guess i won't tell ya that i'm eating some veggies right now after having sushi with a friend earlier tonight! I'm with you, pubcraler sushi (made right) and the whole experience is awesome...we seem to be on same wavelength for coffee as well...here's a few of my UNfavorite things:

1. boy bands, girl groups, pop sensations AMEN!
2. Dallas drivers some of the worst
3. People that insist on driving thru my neighborhood with their thumping stereos at FULL BLAST
4. Giant SUVs all over the place, who think they own the roads (is there a theme here?)
5. communism (in theory and in practice)
6. ANY sports to the Xtreme
7. Hillary in 2004!!! GAAAHHH!!!
8. "Wild Honey" and "Sweetest Thing"
9. Al Qaeda and anyone who agrees with them
10. Dallas summers
11. Technology that continues to outpace my knowledge and my wallet

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler:
I love sushi. Actually, the whole sushi bar experience with friends is great. Coffee rules -- espresso and french roast, anyway.
Old 01-13-2002, 03:17 AM   #44
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama:
Because I was there, and I do not like hot sweet drinks.
I have to comment on your dislike for coffee/cappuccino/etc. (since I work at CC's Coffee Shop)

Firstly, cappuccino is a hot drink, yes, but I would not call it sweet, since it consists of only espresso shots topped with steamed milk and froth half-way up the mug. You can ruin it by adding sugar, however. You would definately want to stay away from the Cafe Mocha... this has espresso, chocolate, steamed milk and whipped cream on top. Perhaps you would like the Latte, it's like a cappucinno but with much less froth.

If you simply dislike the taste of coffee altogether, well there may be little hope for you in the wonderful world of espresso drinks. But I would like to witness a conversion here...

I will wholeheartedly agree with you on the subject of the jalepeno christmas lights... what's the point of them? we all know we're in the south... we don't need this seasonal reminder

I do enjoy jalepenos, however... especially on my subway 6 inch veggie subs.

Old 01-13-2002, 03:35 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 07:47 PM
Things I dislike

1. People who insist on making fun of U2

2. Those who judge others

3. Biggots

4. Tidying my bedroom, but if it's another room I don't mind

5. Revising for school/ Exams

6. R 'n' B music

7. Oh yeah the cd's that skip and any VHS recorder that eats videos *bah @ my tape palyer that gobbled up my videos*

8. Junk mail/ Chain mail

9. Yahoo messanger

10. School

Thats about it really