U2 and the presidential candidates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2andPolitix

The Fly
I've noticed at various Gephardt and Dean rallies that Streets was playing in the background and today as I was watching a Kerry rally on my beloved C-SPAN they were playing Beautiful Day. In y'alls opinions, who do you think Bono would support the most? It doesn't matter whether or not you support that candidate, but who would Bono think is best? Personally I have no clue.

I don't think Bono is supporting a presidential candidate because he wants to keep partisan politics out of his African work. Besides which, he's an Irish citizen who can't vote in U.S. elections. He's said the president he's working with now is George Bush, and that's that, more or less. If a Democrat wins next year obviously he'll try to make connections with that Administration, but right now the Administration he wants connections with is the Bush Administration because they're it right now.

When I went to hear John Edwards speak a couple weeks ago he said something that sounded like it could have come from Bono. I can't remember the exact words, but it had to do with the importance of helping out with the AIDS crisis in Africa, and how doing things like this will spread goodwill toward the United States as opposed to the animosity many poorer nations feel toward us, thereby helping to prevent terrorism. I don't think I'm saying it very well, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
"I don't support any poltical party.. I do like parties though"... Bono at the Liberal Convention
In the odd chance that they were ever to support anyone I would think a good one would have been Wesley Clark..

Bono will support whoever gets into office and no one until then, he is non partisan I believe he has to be.. actually I correct that .. he won't support the party be he will work with them

As for the rest of the members .. have they ever supported anyone in Ireland??? Maybe Allie.. I hear her name came up again to run..

Last edited:
it's the continuing rumour of Ali for President..

In an article published in the Irish News this week, Ali was once again listed among several of Ireland?s power players vying for the figurehead position (the Irish president does not have executive or a policy role in government). Could Ali, who possesses a political science degree, really be interested in the position? It?s anyone guess. Two years ago, she denied any interest in the position, but time can affect one?s feelings. In any case, we are amused by the notion of calling Bono the ?husband of the president
http://u2log.com/archive/002692.shtml

Dean played "Beautiful Day" at the thingy I went to for him this summer. :)

I'd consider changing my citizenship to vote for a candidate like Ali Hewson. Course, I want to live in Ireland anyway, so it's no huge hardship. :p

Sherry Darling said:
I'd consider changing my citizenship to vote for a candidate like Ali Hewson. Course, I want to live in Ireland anyway, so it's no huge hardship. :p

Me too. I used to joke that I wanted to steal Vaclav Havel from the Czechs so I could vote for him for President. :wink: There's no way we could steal Ali. She'll steal us, perhaps??:wink:

verte76 said:
We need both liberals and conservatives for our democracy to work.

This could only come from a liberal.:wink:

Conservatives have no tolerance for liberals and are very happy with Republicans freezing out Democrats from the legislative process.

Liberals have no tolerance for conservatives and are very happy with Democrats freezing out Republicans from the legislative process.

Verte's right, we need both to work.

deep said:
This could only come from a liberal.:wink:
Conservatives have no tolerance for liberals and are very happy with Republicans freezing out Democrats from the legislative process.

This liberal must disagree with you. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom