U.S. May Expand Access To Endangered Species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elusive

Babyface
U.S. May Expand Access To Endangered Species

The Bush administration is proposing far-reaching changes to conservation policies that would allow hunters, circuses and the pet industry to kill, capture and import animals on the brink of extinction in other countries.

Giving Americans access to endangered animals, officials said, would feed the gigantic U.S. demand for live animals, skins, parts and trophies, and generate profits that would allow poor nations to pay for conservation of the remaining animals and their habitat...................

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10660-2003Oct10.html

Is this man and his administration :censored: nuts?

Monson said the money he has spent hunting trophies -- including a leopard from Namibia and a bontebok antelope from South Africa -- has funded conservation programs.

Monson is president-elect of Safari Club International, a national hunting advocacy group. He agreed to an interview only in his personal capacity.

Safari Club International gave $274,000 to candidates during the 2000 election cycle, 86 percent of it to Republicans. It also spent $5,445 printing bumper stickers for the Bush presidential campaign. Monson has made a variety of contributions himself, including $1,000 to the Bush for President campaign.

:hmm:

meegannie said:
:mad:x10000000000000

I hope I NEVER have to go back to the US. :|

Because foreign countries permit the hunting or trapping of endangered species?

This only works if foreign countries want this to happen.

nbcrusader said:

Because foreign countries permit the hunting or trapping of endangered species?

This only works if foreign countries want this to happen.

I don't plan on living in those countries either.

Monson is president-elect of Safari Club International, a national hunting advocacy group. He agreed to an interview only in his personal capacity.

Safari Club International gave $274,000 to candidates during the 2000 election cycle, 86 percent of it to Republicans. It also spent $5,445 printing bumper stickers for the Bush presidential campaign. Monson has made a variety of contributions himself, including $1,000 to the Bush for President campaign.

We used to get the magazines from these organizations at work all the time. They're absolutely disgusting. :down:

nbcrusader said:

They still have fox hunts in England, don't they?

Yes, but I was not aware of them being endangered.

I love this bit:

"Giving Americans access to endangered animals, officials said, would feed the gigantic U.S. demand for live animals, skins, parts and trophies, and generate profits that would allow poor nations to pay for conservation of the remaining animals and their habitat................... "

WTF? As if thats not some of the biggest bullshit I have ever read. So some dickhead who wants a tiger skin on their wall is that important? And *sure* the money is going to go to conservation of the animals, not just towards killing more to get more money. :huh:
Is the Bush Admin trying to break a record for pissing people off?

Last edited:
Sadly we do still have fox hunting because despite New Labour's promise in their manifesto to ban fox hunting, Blair has apparently decided it's not worth alienating some Tories who might be persuaded to vote for him.

Back
Top Bottom