U.S. Forces Kill Seven Iraqi Women, Kids - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2003, 01:09 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Pure speculation? Not exactly. A popular Shiite cleric said he actually saw the people forced into the car, and the driver was under duress - his family had been threatened if he did not commit the act.
Diamond's post was pure speculation. He made no reference to the Shiite cleric's story. Therefore, your defense doesn't deny my statement. It only adds crediblity to Diamond's conclusion, but in order to show that his conclusion wasn't based on pure speculation, Diamond would have had to have used such information in the premises of that conclusion, which he did not do.

Old 04-05-2003, 05:00 PM   #47
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 07:30 AM
Another interesting detail i didn't know - can anyone of you confirm that?:

US Special forces also plus sections of regular US/GB forces routinely operate out of uniform

Old 04-06-2003, 04:54 PM   #48
The Fly

Local Time: 01:30 AM
I really feel for the people who died in that roadblock incident. I also feel that the military did the right thing in firing on the van given the circumstances. According to all reports there are signs all over the place there telling people that they must stop or else. They didn't stop even in spite of warning shots. How were the soldiers supposed to know it wasn't a car bomb again? Aslo according to reports, the driver(?) was forced to drive through the roadblock at threat of his family's lives. People shouldn't be getting angry at the soldiers for it. For those that are angry, can you honestly say that you would not have fired under the same circumstances?
Imagine how the soldiers that had to do that feel about it. I pray that they deal with it ok and that they don't have to do it again.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:56 PM   #49
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
U2luv:

at the time of the accident there were no arabic signs and a military man said that the warning shot was too late.

I'm not angry at the soldiers, it's not their fault. They are neither trained nor equiped for these situations.

Quote:
" Imagine how the soldiers that had to do that feel about it. I pray that they deal with it ok and that they don't have to do it again."
right i felt verry sad for him when i read the words of his boss:
"...he roared at the platoon leader, "You just [expletive] killed a family because you didn't fire a warning shot soon enough!""

Klaus
Old 04-06-2003, 11:53 PM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Basic math usually came easy for me as a child.
This is very much like adding 2+2.

No offense Michael and Klaus..
but will you fellas please just
"Do the math"?

thank u
DB9
Old 04-07-2003, 03:43 AM   #51
Refugee

diamond:

as far as i can understand your logic:
bush=true
everything that dosn't praise bush = wrong, did i understand your math?

Klaus
Old 04-07-2003, 11:16 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Basic math usually came easy for me as a child.
This is very much like adding 2+2.

No offense Michael and Klaus..
but will you fellas please just
"Do the math"?

thank u
DB9
Ah, if the world was only as black and white as adding 2+2, how simple it would all be - hey Diamond?
Old 04-07-2003, 11:18 AM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:30 PM
sometimes it is simpler than we want to make it
granted
othertimes not.

DB9
Old 04-07-2003, 12:27 PM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2luv
I really feel for the people who died in that roadblock incident. I also feel that the military did the right thing in firing on the van given the circumstances. According to all reports there are signs all over the place there telling people that they must stop or else. They didn't stop even in spite of warning shots. How were the soldiers supposed to know it wasn't a car bomb again? Aslo according to reports, the driver(?) was forced to drive through the roadblock at threat of his family's lives. People shouldn't be getting angry at the soldiers for it. For those that are angry, can you honestly say that you would not have fired under the same circumstances?
Imagine how the soldiers that had to do that feel about it. I pray that they deal with it ok and that they don't have to do it again.
agreed..how many of us have been in combat and really udnerstand what these troops are going through....no one seems to blame the iraqi regime for trying to up their own civilian casualty count in order to villify the US
Old 04-07-2003, 12:32 PM   #55
Refugee

Arun V:
I thought that was obvious and comon sense that it's a warcrime what the Iraqi government does

But i'm still surprised that it's enough for some here that Bush is less evil than Saddam. I'm sorry, i have higher expectations to the US President

Klaus
Old 04-08-2003, 02:33 PM   #56
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Arun V:
I thought that was obvious and comon sense that it's a warcrime what the Iraqi government does

But i'm still surprised that it's enough for some here that Bush is less evil than Saddam. I'm sorry, i have higher expectations to the US President

Klaus

well klaus I seem to see a lot of iraqi casualties on arab news sites...but almost no mention of the fact that the iraqi regime caused most of them. That's why the thought was in my mind

As for the "Evil" debate. I guess we'll have to see the discoveries made in the war ( chem weapons, terror camps, potential mass graves) before we lay a judgement down.

One thing I admire about you klaus is that your not frustrated at the Administration for the sake of being anti american..your frustrated because you feel a connection to the US government.I respect that point of view deeply.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:34 PM   #57
Refugee

Arun V:

Thanks Arun, it makes me happy that you see that difference

Klaus
Old 04-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #58
The Fly

Local Time: 09:30 AM
Today on the Russian TV I saw a report from Baghdad. Im not going to tell you what amazing contrast it is to CNN (not to mention Fox..). Just one picture of an Iraqi man holding in his arms a 3-year girl with a wound in her leg. Her parents were killed as well as all the relatives of the man in one of the endless bombardments. He was the only survivor in his family and she was the only survivor in the family that lived next door. He was not crying, he was not wailing, he was not cursing...he was holding her silent, standing in the ruins of his house, only tears in his eyes...