U.S. diplomats resign in protest at President Bush's preparations to attack Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's nice you feel that way. it's also nice that it's possible for others to take different views.

I don't know that I really believe in the American political system anymore. It's not a matter of being ashamed to be an American for me, it's just that I don't want to be a part of something I don't believe in.

meegannie said:
I don't know that I really believe in the American political system anymore. It's not a matter of being ashamed to be an American for me, it's just that I don't want to be a part of something I don't believe in.

I'm frustrated because I don't think my political leaders are listening to the people now. I don't think they're listening to *anyone*. They keep on pissing off allies like the UK and Spain. So what can I do? Remind these jokers that I have a vote and will use it! They will have to face the voters next year. They could all end up with pink slips if they've really blown it.

The political "system" and freedom of speech, are arguably very different things.

I'm not happy with the political system, but then again- I cannot think of any political system that sounds much better.

What we have in this country is true Freedom of Speech and you can't find that in very many places in this world.

we never said that resigning your citizenship was amoral - we like those who said they're considering it - only stated what we believed about it. it is nice that we can see other points of view.

meggie, i have the same conundrum as you do. i feel like my voice is never heard. and verte - i see your point about a vote, but i also know how little politicians care about me (pretty much as much as they cared about me last year when i *couldn't* vote). protesting is increasingly difficult because i agree with the administration on some points - and disagree still on others. so protesting one thing is seen as though i support the others - it's a catch-22 at this point. regardless, i'm staying american.

Back
Top Bottom