U. of Florida Student Arrested & Tasered at John Kerry Forum for Asking Questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LMAO... He was a douchebag. Should he have been tazed for being a douche? No. But if you're resisting arrest, causing a disturbance, and then trying to flee, (all of that while in the midst of a US Senator)... don't be surprised if something like that happens.

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:
LMAO... He was a douchebag. Should he have been tazed for being a douche? No. But if you're resisting arrest, causing a disturbance, and then trying to flee, (all of that while in the midst of a US Senator)... don't be surprised if something like that happens.

I didn't see much, "trying to flee". I mean at one point he even stops and raises his arms, and asks "what are you doing"...

No fleeing, not even much resisting arrest...

frankly i think it's official... america has lost their mind.

i'm watching MS-NBC... lead story was on how OJ is doing in jail, followed up with a story on isiah thomas saying it's okay for black guys to call black women bitches, where as it's not okay for white guys to do it... then there was a story on lettuce making you poop from e-coli, followed by a video of pluto chasing a kid in disney world, then a commercial, and then they discussed the kid getting arrested & tasered for asking a question after the break, and the entire discussion was on wether or not he should have been tasered, one of the responses from the guest was "well he was kinda tall."

are we completely missing the point that SOMEONE WAS ARRESTED AND THEN LATER TASERED FOR SIMPLY ASKING A FEW QUESTIONS.

holy shit... maybe i'm just crazy.

Flying FuManchu said:
Here are several videos of the incident...

ok

I have not watched any of them

but only one on youtube late last night

but I think the three questions were not the type that would offend or upset Kerry or his supporters

if anything the questions might rub conservatives the wrong way
and these law enforcement types may have been wanting to shut this guy up for those reasons

just my impression from one quick viewing.

it is douchebaggery to suggest W is corrupt and stole election and should be impeached

Video 2 is the clearest because you can see that the police start poking the guy the minute he starts talking and there is no way that Kerry would not have heard his screaming "help me!" and heard him scream in pain. Video 2 makes Kerry look really, really lame. The guy is screaming "help me" in the background and Kerry is still talking. Unbelievable. I share Headache's outrage.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
"well he was kinda tall."

:lol:

I'm all for tasering tall people.

Especially ones that stand in front of me at concerts. :mad: :wink:

joyfulgirl said:
I share Headache's outrage.
350px-Headon.jpg

i'm watching MS-NBC... lead story was on how OJ is doing in jail, followed up with a story on isiah thomas saying it's okay for black guys to call black women bitches, where as it's not okay for white guys to do it... then there was a story on lettuce making you poop from e-coli, followed by a video of pluto chasing a kid in disney world, then a commercial, and then they discussed the kid getting arrested & tasered for asking a question after the break, and the entire discussion was on wether or not he should have been tasered, one of the responses from the guest was "well he was kinda tall."

are we completely missing the point that SOMEONE WAS ARRESTED AND THEN LATER TASERED FOR SIMPLY ASKING A FEW QUESTIONS.

Kind of how I felt last night when I tuned into Anderson Cooper to see how mainstream media was covering the Blackwater story and he spent his hour talking about OJ. He also devoted an hour to the Paris Hilton story back when instead of whatever real news was happening then. I have lost all respect for AC over the last few months since he is apparently as celebrity-driven as the rest of the country. There is not one real source of news on TV that I respect anymore.

I don't understand why they tased him. It looked like they had enough police there to take him out of the room and control him without the tasering. He didn't have a weapon and it didn't look like he was punching or kicking them.

That's not even getting into the free speech issue.

As for the guy being a douche, well he is a Gator after all :shifty:.

what is more disturbing than OJ (2007)?

Phil Spector jury is hung 7-5
most likely will have mistrial

so the pretty blond actress got Spector to pick her up at House of Blues

and then take her back to his house
and then she got him to get his loaded gun out

so she could commit suicide and frame him

http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=157250

This video shows a lot of the aftermath. While I can see the guy was getting heated and way too overexcited, especially in the presence of a politician, I think the police went way beyond the point of duty here.
He has a valid point at the end. No one told him why he was being arrested, nor did they even read him his rights. I'm sure they probably did later, but isn't it supposed to be done at the moment of arrest?

I think most people understand this is an excessive force issue, not an issue of one being denied rights.

He was given every right afforded to him, even more liberty than in other political forums of the same nature and right up until he went over his allotted time and apparently didn't comply with the police, he wasn't denied any right.

He was IMO, priveleged to be able to ask a tough question, actually get offered an answer and he blew it because he thought he was entitled to be able to use up more time than others and then blow off the police. Make no mistake, I won't defend the actions of the police thereafter.

How many of us would have loved to have had that same opportunity to ask a thought provoking question to someone so powerful and actually be able to resist becoming a selfish brat who felt entitled to have the forum all to himself?

A_Wanderer said:
They told us that if George W. Bush was reelected that people would be tasered for speaking their mind.

Well whoever "they" is obviously didn't know that Bush doesn't allow non-supporters at his rallies and he certainly would never host an open mic forum.

Surely they wouldn't use a taser on their base.

Back
Top Bottom