Two Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
President George W Bush delivered this
"The survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands... The best hope for peace in our world is the expansion of freedom in all the world... Freedom. This is a cause that unites our country and gives hope to the world... We have a calling from beyond the stars to stand for freedom, and America will always be faithful to that cause."

and on the other side of the world this quote was uttered by Sheikh Abdulrahman al-Sudeis at the Grand Mosque in Mecca
"The greatest affliction to strike the nation of Islam came from some of its own sons, who were lured by the devil... They have called the nation infidel, they have shed protected blood and they have spread vice on earth, with explosions and destruction and killing of innocents... Because Muslims have strayed from moderation, we are now suffering from this dangerous phenomenon of branding people infidels and inciting Muslims to rise against their leaders to cause instability... The reason for this is a delinquent and void interpretation of Islam based on ignorance ... faith does not mean killing Muslims or non-Muslims who live among us, it does not mean shedding blood, terrorising or sending body parts flying."
I give congratulations to both men and think that the world would be a much better place if these visions of the world come to pass.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you for posting this. So often you hear that moderate Muslims refuse to speak out against extremism, but it's just not true.

Yes, thanks for these quotes, they are very good. Some have said Muslims are not capable of moderation, and this proves these people wrong, it's reassuring to read something like this. I don't support Bush, but I do support democracy and freedom, and I think he's trying to do what's right to him. Two years ago when we had the demonstrations protesting the invasion of Iraq he told the press we had a right to demonstrate and state our views. This right to protest, something Bush supports, is very precious to me. I don't want to rehash the arguments for or against the war here, there are other threads for that. I'm just stating my case for freedom and saying what it means to me.

3 "Freedoms" and 2 "Libertys" in one paragraph. That's amazing. In fact I don't think there's ever been a speech by GWB that hasn't had at least 47 Freedoms, 25 Libertys, and 200 Justices. Those words lose their "signifigance" after saying them so much. And then not backing them up with action that isn't killing thousands of people. It's like telling your wife "I love you" 47 times every day, and then not actually physically "doing" anything for her.

"Honey, can you pick up the kids? I have class tonight"

"No. But I LOve you baby"

tackleberry said:
3 "Freedoms" and 2 "Libertys" in one paragraph. That's amazing. In fact I don't think there's ever been a speech by GWB that hasn't had at least 47 Freedoms, 25 Libertys, and 200 Justices. Those words lose their "signifigance" after saying them so much. And then not backing them up with action that isn't killing thousands of people. It's like telling your wife "I love you" 47 times every day, and then not actually physically "doing" anything for her.

"Honey, can you pick up the kids? I have class tonight"

"No. But I LOve you baby"

Thank you for 'getting' it. :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom