Two Children KIlled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Two lives stolen. Two lives ended.

The two children stabbed to death.

I hope we are not getting to jaded to this evil.

I'm sick of waiting 20 to 30 years for these killers to meet their fate.

*sorry, i'm on a rant*

I'm just sick inside and sad about this and other evil crap

in this world.

*sad*

*everything is wrong~moby*

this really terrible. These child killers need to really pay for they have done. Don't kill 'em make them do hard labor for the rest of thier lives. Make them pay

the iron horse said:
I'm sick of waiting 20 to 30 years for these killers to meet their fate.

Their fate is ultimately God's will, not ours.

Melon

Those bastards need to have a bullet put in their head, just like all the child molesters out there......MFr's.:|

This is an awful story. I was getting ready for bed after the U2 concert Monday night when I saw the news about this and because of that I had a terrible night of sleep. :sad:

I read the details about the murders this evening on line. I wanted puke and cry. Those girls did not deserve any of the horrors from this evil man. :tsk:

May those families get the justice that they deserve and may those girls rest in peace.

This man does not deserve to live. :mad:

If it's the case I think it is, it's this one:

Dad allegedly admits killing daughter, friend

Prosecutors: Suspect staged brutal attack after finding girls in park

The Associated Press
Updated: 3:25 p.m. ET May 11, 2005ZION, Ill. - The father of an 8-year-old girl who was slain along with her best friend admitted to authorities that he was the killer, saying he was angry at his daughter for taking money, authorities said Wednesday.

A judge denied bond for Jerry Hobbs after prosecutors described a videotaped interview in court in which they said he told investigators he stabbed the girls to death. Hobbs’ daughter, Laura Hobbs, and her friend Krystal Tobias, 9, were found dead Monday in a park in Zion, the day after they vanished.

The 34-year-old father, who had been released from a Texas prison last month, told investigators he was angry at Laura when he tracked her and Krystal in the wooded park, punched her and then killed both girls, prosecutors said.

Hobbs stared at the floor as Assistant Lake County State's Attorney Jeff Pavletic described the case against him.

‘A slaughter of two little girls’

"This was a slaughter of two little girls," Pavletic said.

Hobbs had led police to the bodies Monday morning, claiming he had come across them off the bike path while searching for his missing daughter. In videotaped interviews over the following two days, however, prosecutors say Hobbs told them that he killed both girls after Laura refused to leave the park and that he then dragged their bodies into the woods.

Pavletic said Hobbs told investigators he believed Laura had stolen money from her mother. She had been grounded, but her mother let her go out and play on Sunday, Mother's Day.

Hobbs told investigators he was angry that the girl had gone out and went looking for her, authorities said. He told Laura to go home but she refused, so he punched her for disobeying, Pavletic said. Krystal then pulled out a potato knife to try to defend her friend, and he attacked her as well, getting the knife away and stabbing both girls, according to the interviews.

He dragged them into the woods and left them face-up, side-by-side, Pavletic said.

"It was a brutal beating, repeated punching of the two little girls and then repeated stabs. It's pretty horrible," Lake County State's Attorney Michael Waller said.

He said after the hearing that he didn't believe Krystal had brought the knife, but that that was what Hobbs had told investigators in the interviews and written statements.

Father showed lack of emotion

Waller told NBC's "Today" earlier Wednesday that the father had showed a lack of emotion and that "things didn't add up" in his interviews with police.

Hobbs has an extensive criminal history dating to 1990 in Texas, including arrests for assault and resisting arrest, according to Texas Department of Public Safety records.

Just last month, he was released from a Texas prison after serving time for an assault in 2001. He had argued with Laura’s mother, Sheila Hollabaugh, then grabbed a chain saw and chased neighbors until someone hit him in the back with a shovel, according to Rick Mahler, assistant district attorney for Wichita County, Texas. No one was injured.

Hobbs was sentenced to 10 years probation but failed to appear for required meetings, so his probation was revoked in 2003.

Arthur Hollabaugh said Hobbs had been living with the Hollabaughs after his release.

“Jerry just got out of prison for aggravated assault, and I think they’re holding that against him,” Hollabaugh said before police announced the charges. “I don’t think he did it.”

Zion, along Lake Michigan, was founded in 1901 by a religious faith healer. It has about 22,000 residents but retains a quiet — at times, rural — feel despite being on the edge of both the Chicago and Milwaukee metropolitan areas.

Memorial in park
At the entrance to Beulah Park, where the bodies were found, more than a dozen children stood quietly around a growing memorial of flowers, balloons and stuffed animals.

One sign read: “May your angels rest peacefully in heaven.”

At a prayer vigil later Tuesday evening, Krystal’s family and about 200 community members gathered outside her home and somberly walked the block and a half to Laura’s house. The slain girls’ families hugged each other and began crying.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

story here

What a scum.

beli said:
Thanks Indra. I appoint you Official USA Translator. :up:

PS Iron Horse your clocks buggered.

:D Always happy to help.

Yes, may the 2 little angels rest in peace, they are in a better place! As for the killer, I also dont understand how someone could do such a thing, geez, it makes me mad

I am speechless after reading that article. I have no language strong enough.

Rono said:
I wonder how much help this man had in the past when he started to get crazy,....

I often wonder this also Rono and have come to a conclusion that some minds just really aren't wired or haven't completely evolved from whatever dark place it developed.

I know monsters are made and not born, but It's still no excuse.

What should be done? He should be studied to see what causes this type of personality. But under no circumstances - released into society ever again.
And if a judge ever releases him then he/she and our laws need even more study.
This is going on, but unfortunately you can't spot them all.

Mr. BAW said:
Would the murder rate change if the victim's family got the right to choose the matter of death and the right to carry out the act....:|

No!
And not because it would lower the victim's family member, that does the act, to the level of the criminal, but because this type of person has no level to be lowered too.

When someone doesn't have a consicence, the killing of this person (no matter who or which way it's done) has no detrimental effect on the same type of person.
No more that a rapist being caught, stops rape or child abusers being incarcerated will deter other child abusers..

Unfortunately the death penalty is not the answer.
and I don't know what is?
Especially when so many children are given back to the same (monster) parent(s) because they gave birth to them. It's going to have to begin with more emphasis on early abuse and the intervention of these at risk children.
Then again, that incredibily hard to spot alot of the time.

There just isn't enough resources/programs devoted to this. And the programs that we have are so totally underfunded and usually the first place to get cut by our government(s) because it isn't taken as seriously.

Yet everyone wonders why children/adults abused or children kill other children or their parents, teachers, employers etc, later on??
It begin with the early years and I would rather support the children that need help than support - with my tax dollars the later years of incarceration and prison buildings.

I actually think it's more of a punishment to spend the rest of your life in prison than to be executed. I would rather get the death penalty than life in prison where I'd be confined to a little cell with no freedom and be raped all the time. Maybe it's because I don't have the pathological fear of death that most people do, but if you want to go for maximum punishment you should want life in prison.

Back
Top Bottom