Two Children KIlled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RedrocksU2 said:
Those bastards need to have a bullet put in their head, just like all the child molesters out there......MFr's.:|

I can't believe people are so often ready to demand an end to people's lives as punishment for their crimes, no matter how horrific these crimes seem to us.

Personally, I just can't accept that any person has the right to end someone else's life, even if they have committed awful crimes.

I don't claim to know the ideal answer to the question "Well what do we do with them then?" but murder, and let's be adult enough to admit that's what it is, just doesn't sit comfortably with me.

IndyGoGirl said:
Her own father, I can't believe it :mad: :sad:

Sadly, I do believe it. Children are more likely to be abused or murdered by their own parents than some stranger off the street. My friend's hubby is a cop and he has horrible tales to tell about children beaten, burned, whipped, negelected, molested, and killed by either mom or dad. It's sickening.

Golightly Grrl said:
Sadly, I do believe it. Children are more likely to be abused or murdered by their own parents than some stranger off the street. My friend's hubby is a cop and he has horrible tales to tell about children beaten, burned, whipped, negelected, molested, and killed by either mom or dad. It's sickening.

:tsk:.

How can people do that to their own children? Why would they do that to their children? I just don't understand...

Angela

WINTHROP HARBOR, Ill. - Krystal Tobias loved to pick dandelions with friends and was excited to learn how to fish — until she screamed at the sight of the worms, mourners recalled Saturday at the funeral for the second-grader killed with her best friend last week.

The Rev. Michael Brown urged the more than 300 family, friends and neighbors gathered at a small Baptist church to focus on helping one another cope with the girls' deaths rather than venting their anger.

"We're not here to condemn. We're not here to judge. We're not here to criticize," he said. "We're here to help."

Tobias, 9, and Laura Hobbs, 8, were found stabbed to death early Monday in a park near their homes in Zion. Authorities on Tuesday charged Hobbs' father, 34-year-old Jerry Hobbs, with first-degree murder in the slayings, saying he confessed to beating and stabbing the children on Mother's Day.

Prosecutors said Hobbs told them he became angry because his daughter refused to obey his order to leave the park and return home. He attacked Tobias when she came to the defense of her friend, prosecutors said.

During the service at First Baptist Church, several people read poems and told stories about the young girl. Her small white casket was draped with pink roses.

Her 15-year-old brother, Alberto Segura, said she was buried with teddy bears and a stuffed bulldog, the mascot of her elementary school.

"She slept with those things every night," Segura said after the service.

He said his family is slowly coming to terms with his sister's brutal death. "I'm cooling off now. All I know is my sister is in heaven. She's in a better place," he said.

A family member of Krystal Tobias kisses her casket during a cemetery service in Zion, Illinois May 14, 2005.

380,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news1.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Frids%2F20050514%2Fi%2Fr1615069898.jpg

Back
Top Bottom