Turkish hostages freed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Three Turks who were being held captive in Iraq are on their way home, according to CNN. They had been held by terrorists in Iraq who had threatened to behead them if Turkey didn't stop doing business with the U.S. The threat was timed to coincide with the NATO meeting in Istanbul. According to CNN the Turks were released in Iraq, and then contacted their own government and told them they were free and on their way home.
Some good news for a change. I am relieved these guys are OK.:up:

That's great news for them and their families.

That is good news! Did Turkey give into the demands, did they let them go because they were fellow Muslims? Did the terrorists get scared and run? What happened?

U2Kitten said:
That is good news! Did Turkey give into the demands, did they let them go because they were fellow Muslims? Did the terrorists get scared and run? What happened?

No, the Turks did not deal with the terrorists. I saw a clip on the CNN site where the Turks were freed in Iraq and they sent a message to Ankara that they were free, safe, and coming home. Perhaps they were released because they are Muslims. I really don't know.

I read today on the CNN site that yes, their being Muslim helped them win their freedom. They've been reunited with their families in Turkey.

Back
Top Bottom