Tucker Carlson On Warren Jeffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
huffingtonpost.com

"Oh, Tucker Carlson. No sooner do you win us over by agreeing to wear very tight spandex on "Dancing With The Stars" and posing for pictures like this than you lose us utterly by endorsing Top Ten Most Wanted Man Warren Steed Jeff's right to enjoy sexual relations with girls aged 13 - 16. Newsbusters has the details:

On his MSNBC show of this afternoon, Tucker was outraged that Jeffs had been placed on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list:

"His crime was wanting to enter into life-long arrangements with women, or facilitating that between a man and . . . was this guy trying to undermine America, destroy our way of life or murder our citizens? No! What the hell was he doing on the Top Ten list?"

Carlson wouldn't back down even when guests A.B. Stoddard of 'The Hill' newspaper and Republican Frank Donatelli pointed out that Jeffs has been accused of sexual assault on a minor and other crimes.

Alas, Tucker missed the opportunity to refine his position on the Top Ten list ("murder our citizens" is pretty clear cut but the murky "undermine America" and "destroy our way of life" are wide open to debate in this instance). Instead, he tried to make a case for the defense of "the alternate lifestyle that is plural marriage." Democratic strategist Steve McMahon stepped neatly over the hole in Tucker's logic by pointing out that "Pedophilia, Tucker, is not an alternate lifestyle that's recognized anywhere as a legitimate one." Tucker still didn't stop, pointing out in his defense that the "women" were 16 (our quotes, not his). When McMahon pointed out that some of the girls were "as young as thirteen" Tucker still didn't recant, saying "It's a hard-nosed group here today!" Damn, some people are uptight about statutory rape.

This is the second time Tucker has been dangerously glib and cavalier about matters relating to sexual assault; he previously referred to the alleged Duke rape victims as "crypto-hookers." Charming. "

http://newsbusters.org/node/7256

During an August 7, 2006 segment on Tucker, Carlson confronted and challenged FOX News Channel pundit Bill O'Reilly's August 2, 2004 comments about an 18-year-old rape and homicide victim. On his FOX show, O'Reilly said: "She was 5-foot-2, 105 pounds, wearing a miniskirt and a halter top with a bare midriff. Now, again, there you go. So every predator in the world is gonna pick that up at 2 in the morning."

In response to O'Reilly's comments, Carlson responded on MSNBC: "So, she's got a halter top with a bare midriff and she's drunk; therefore, she gets raped and murdered, as if that's natural? That's what happens when you've got a bare midriff and you're loaded? Not in my America, buddy. Pretty low standards. I mean, I don't know if O'Reilly is attempting to blame her for luring this guy in or what, but the fact is, it's sick all the way around. You ought to be able to wear whatever you want on our streets and not get raped and murdered. Period

So when he's going at O'Reilly he has different standards? He seems to have no problem with Warren Jeffs and what he's accused of. It's only an "alternate lifestyle" and hey, it's sanctioned by marriage too.

Well I assume it's on the MSNBC site too

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14585154/

CARLSON: It also seems to be foolish to run on this, when you have all sorts of issues to run against republicans on. And in fact, here‘s one right here. Warren Jeffs, the fugitive leader of a polygamist Mormon group in Utah was arrested outside Las Vegas late last night. I‘m dead serious. Jeffs was on the FBI‘s top 10 most wanted list for allegedly ranging marriages between underage girls, about 16 year old girls and older men. The 50 year old Jeffs faces charges of sexual misconduct. This guy A.B. Stoddard was on the FBI‘s 10 most wanted list. His crime was wanting to enter into lifelong arrangements with women or facilitating that between a man --

STODDARD: No?

CARLSON: I‘m serious, was this guy trying to undermine America, was he trying to over throw our government, destroy our way of life, murder our citizens? No. What the hell was he doing on the top 10 list?

STODDARD: I think what you‘re doing unfortunately is what those young girls did, you‘re judging a book by its cover. Because Mr. Jeffs looks like the nice pharmacist from the neighborhood drug store. But he‘s actually being charged with sexual assault on a minor. And what we have to remember, is despite Osama bin Laden and many people who‘ve murdered lots of adults, maybe 25 years ago, who grace the top 10 list of the FBI is that, in law enforcement, crimes against minors, particularly against children are really a top priority. And I think we‘d all agree that they should be. Lots of resources are put towards capturing any criminals who violate minors. And he is now considered one of them. And they made him a priority by putting him on that top10 list. And you can argue whether or not that‘s a useful thing but in the community of law enforcement, that‘s a top priority.

CARLSON: Well here‘s what bothers me Frank Donatelli, here‘s the attorney general of Arizona, Terry Goddard, and this is his sort of victory lap speech he gave after the capture, quote, “I think this is the beginning of the end of the tyrannical rule of a small group of people over the practically 10,000 followers of the FLDS sect.” That‘s Jeffs‘ religious group. So basically the attorney general is saying we want to bust up this religion because we disapprove of it. Right? The federal government or the state government and the local government, government at any level does not have a right to wreck religions because it disapproves of them. Sorry. So today it‘s this little creepy weird Mormon sect, tomorrow it maybe the Episcopal Church. I don‘t know. I mean the point is, government shouldn‘t be allowed to do that.

DONATELLI: Well I know you‘re Episcopalian so let‘s hope that we don‘t make that jump.

CARLSON: No, but you know what I mean, or Catholics or whatever. I mean, it‘s wrong.

DONATELLI: I agree with that, but he was charged with a lot of other crimes. I did take a look at your 10 most wanted list. He shares that list with among others, Osama bin Laden. It‘s kind of odd to know that Osama bin Laden is on the list. Would we not recognize him if he weren‘t on the top 10 list? But in this particular case, there were a lot of other crimes, Tucker, besides polygamy that he was charged with. I found it odd if you looked at the other names on the list, but there are no standards governing the FBI‘s 10 most wanted.

CARLSON: Apparently not. Now Steve you‘re a liberal, you worked for Howard Dean. Tell me you‘ll defend the alternate lifestyle that is plural marriage, come on?

MCMAHON: Pedophilia Tucker is not an alternate lifestyle that‘s recognized any where as a legitimate one. And this guy is basically—

CARLSON: It‘s not pedophilia, the girls were 16 and you are allowed to get married at 16 in every state in this country.

MCMAHON: Tucker, some of them were as young as 13. And it‘s pedophilia, any way you cut it. And listen, you know whether you are a catholic priest and you are a pedophile or you are this guy and a pedophile, it seems to me that the laws of society rule over the laws of the church. And if you‘re trying to hide behind the laws of a church to commit pedophilia, they ought to come after you. I‘m sorry.

CARLSON: This is hard nosed group here today. All right, thank you all I appreciate it very much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom