Trusty Ally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Saudi officials have arrested a man in Mecca for being a Christian, saying that the city, which Muslims consider to be holy, is off-limits to non-Muslims.

Nirosh Kamanda, a Sri Lankan Christian, was detained by the Saudi Expatriates Monitoring Committee last week after he started to sell goods outside Mecca’s Great Mosque.

After running his fingerprints through a new security system, Saudi police discovered that he was a Christian who had arrived in the country six months earlier to take a job as a truck driver in the city of Dammam. Kamanda had subsequently left his place of work and moved to Mecca.

“The Grand Mosque and the holy city are forbidden to non-Muslims,” Col. Suhail Matrafi, head of the department of Expatriates Affairs in Mecca, told the Saudi daily Arab News. “The new fingerprints system is very helpful and will help us a lot to discover the identity of a lot of criminals,” he said.
link

I don't give a fig about Saudi Arabia, I don't give a fig about Iran or any of these other far flung places that I have never visited and (thank Allah) never will, I also don't think their citizens need or want our preaching about human rights, or our military power enforced to 'spread democracy', which always seems to mean in practise reinforcing whatever grubby dictatorship is already there, rather than introducing anything approximating to actual democracy.

I don't feel it concerns me in the slightest - let us concentrate on getting alternatives to oil in place, then leave these barbarians to their own devices.

As a recent Chevron advert said "Just who has who over a barrel?"

Back
Top Bottom