Trump Part VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump could be charged with murder and they will still love him. Even if actually convicted and caught red handed with murder they will find some sorry ass excuse to defend him and somehow blame it on Hillary or Obama.

Well there's no effective Russia investigation now. Considering Trump asked Sessions to find a reason to fire Comey (according to CNN), this smells like a cover-up.

Only hope now is Senate Investigation heats up or DOJ appoints a special prosecutor.

EDIT: Here's an NYT quote confirming what initially came from CNN:

"Senior White House and Justice Department officials had been working on building a case against Mr. Comey since at least last week, according to administration officials. Attorney General Jeff Sessions had been charged with coming up with reasons to fire him, the officials said.

— Michael S. Schmidt"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Trump: Find a way to get rid of this loser. He's tremendously risky.

Sessions: Sir we found something, but you're not going to like it.

Trump: I have a great brain, and won by a landslide.

Sessions: Well we discovered he lied on stand about part of the email story.

Trump: Fake News, so?

Sessions: Um, sir it's a big part of how you got here.

Trump could be charged with murder and they will still love him. Even if actually convicted and caught red handed with murder they will find some sorry ass excuse to defend him and somehow blame it on Hillary or Obama.

It's absolutely mind-boggling. I can understand this sort of blind devotion if it's somebody standing by a family member or a lover despite whatever heinous things they've done, because there's that personal connection-not saying it's any more right, of course, but I at least get where the mindset is coming from in that instance-but obviously, this is not that kind of situation. What on earth is it about Trump that has his supporters so beholden to him like this? I know that some of it is their glee at pissing off "the liberals", but what else could they possibly be getting out of this?

ML he promised them stuff (some already ditched) and the bunch who are rabid
gun owners, racists, sexists, anti-LGBTQ, uber Christians etc... :|

Colbert show if starts taping at 5p maybe he got this imagines someone waving hysterically off-stage for his attention holding up cue card with the news! :ohmy:

Last edited:
But that's the thing, he hasn't even kept many of those promises to them. He tried to get some stuff passed that would make them happy, yes, but he hasn't really been successful. How are they not turning on him over that by now?

There's supposed to be that big "Daily Show" reunion happening on Colbert tonight. If they did learn about this whole Comey thing while taping, I'll look VERY forward to seeing how they all react to it. Should make for quite the interesting conversation.

It's absolutely mind-boggling. I can understand this sort of blind devotion if it's somebody standing by a family member or a lover despite whatever heinous things they've done, because there's that personal connection-not saying it's any more right, of course, but I at least get where the mindset is coming from in that instance-but obviously, this is not that kind of situation. What on earth is it about Trump that has his supporters so beholden to him like this? I know that some of it is their glee at pissing off "the liberals", but what else could they possibly be getting out of this?
It's absolutely disgusting ain't it? I've had it with trump and his minion supporters! And they have the audacity to call us sheep lol.

Just on CNN, Grand Jury subpoenas we're recently issued regarding records of Flynn and business associates and Russia.

This whole thing is going to go crazy. This is just the start.

What in the hell can we do? How on earth can there not be enough evidence to bring this shit show down!

There is; the problem is the government is full of spineless idiots, and most are in the party of rule. So rocking the boat will be difficult. So you force their hand, or turn them. Those are the only options.

The biggest worry are his voters. They don't care about the truth, the country, or the law, so forcing their hand will be close to impossible.

Last edited:
What makes me the most nervous is the sheer amout of Americans that believe lies that don't even make a bit of sense.

I hate calling the Russia connection a conspiracy theory because unlike most, if not all, conspiracy theories, there is evidence to suggest that a connection exists.

The only question is how deep the connection is and how high up the chain does it go.

The conspiracy theorists are right on this one?! Looks like they may be!
Claude Taylor, one of the main "conspiracy theorist/Russian ties investigator" (depending on what you believe) has been saying for weeks that grand juries have been convened and indictments are on the way.

Olbermann jumped on board the other day after supposedly meeting with Taylor and seeing his proof in person, and now it appears that the mainstream media is hoping on board.

Crazy days ahead. Looking forward to my trip down to DC Friday lol

well a major distraction is certainly needed from all this. nice knowing you north korea.

Last edited:
Much congratulations, Big Sigh of Relief! Was thinking of you & France and sending "bonne chance!" all last week! :)

thanks so much, that's really kind of you! :hug:

have to say the relief is palpable - feel for you guys in the US, but hopefully this is a step towards the world saying enough is enough!

Well there's no effective Russia investigation now. Considering Trump asked Sessions to find a reason to fire Comey (according to CNN), this smells like a cover-up.

Only hope now is Senate Investigation heats up or DOJ appoints a special prosecutor.

EDIT: Here's an NYT quote confirming what initially came from CNN:

"Senior White House and Justice Department officials had been working on building a case against Mr. Comey since at least last week, according to administration officials. Attorney General Jeff Sessions had been charged with coming up with reasons to fire him, the officials said.

— Michael S. Schmidt"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

should Sessions even be interfering in all this? i mean he recused himself from the Russia investigation - surely he could be on dodgy legal ground here?

Just on CNN, Grand Jury subpoenas we're recently issued regarding records of Flynn and business associates and Russia.

This whole thing is going to go crazy. This is just the start.

:up: hopefully

i reckon Trump has actually just poured fuel on the fire trying to cover his ass :lol:

can someone please explain to me why Comey clearly interfered with the election last year re. emails? i am so confused by it all... I mean, wasn't the Russian investigation already under way back then? why would he leak this somewhat innocuous information on Hilary and nothing on Trump at the time? Was she the fall guy so he could expose a bigger story or what? or does he just play dirty when it suits him? or was he pressured into it somehow?

can someone please explain to me why Comey clearly interfered with the election last year re. emails? i am so confused by it all... I mean, wasn't the Russian investigation already under way back then? why would he leak this somewhat innocuous information on Hilary and nothing on Trump at the time? Was she the fall guy so he could expose a bigger story or what? or does he just play dirty when it suits him? or was he pressured into it somehow?

Comey? Are you asking why he went public? He shouldn't have. It wasn't his job to do so.

He deserves to be fired in every way. He acted on his emotional outlet in the sense of "I have to say something" because he as the voter wanted to. The only thing is that Donald clearly is firing him with of conflict of interest. Comey might be a straight shooter but... screw them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom