Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I primarily take issue with the idea that he's some good middle-ground centrist. If you take a look at all of the candidates from the 2016 primaries, the only one who was a centrist was Clinton.

That's probably true.

I think a lot of times when people describe a Republican as "centrist" what they really mean is that he's your typical corporatist conservative who probably doesn't care for much beyond that but may be forced to court the social conservatives to get elected.

In what way is that inaccurate? Kasich came off well in those debates because he was much politer than the rest, who tried to play at Trump's level and got smoked. It's certainly not because of his policy positions. He's got one of the worst records on abortion in a party famous for it. Remember when Cleveland police begged him before the RNC to temporarily suspend open carry in the city and he refused to maintain the sparkling NRA A-rating? His economic policies are classic GOP: he's one of their top anti-union operatives, he's one of those obsessed with "balanced" budgets over funding important social programs. And he's a neocon who loved the War in Iraq and thinks drones are swell.

He's "better" than Trump, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable to say he'd be a terrible president who I'd be deeply unhappy with.
What Anitram said is pretty spot on. I think you're being dismissive to the idea that people FEEL differently than you. You're speaking in large generalizations because, as you eventually point out, you just don't like him.

I'm from Indiana, I did not live under him as governor, but I saw an awful lot about what he was doing, and maybe people don't remember too well, but Ohio was floundering from moving too far, too fast on social programs, and Kasich fixed it.

From my personal research, because believe it or not, I didn't just listen to his rhetoric(!), he definitely had viewpoints I disagreed with, but I overall trusted him to find a decent middle ground, should the unthinkable (at that point) have happened and Hillary lost the election. Additionally, I WOULD have voted for him over Bernie, should the option have presented itself, because he was not an extreme. We go round and round with this Trump vs Bernie two sides of a coin thing, but let me be clear, if Bernie have won, I would have been OK with that, I'd have just expected us to be pretty hurt financially by the end of his term, hence my feeling that Kasich was a decent middle option.

All of which is to say, when you're talking about feelings and you're dealing with moderates, to assume that we all just liked what we heard from Kasich and did zero research is dismissive and a huge turn off to your cause. That was my point. When you come off as aggressively as someone like Oregoropa, you're only pushing away the people you actually need to convince to come out and vote.

i also have a feeling that if you had done this list of names relating to a black person rather than native americans the reaction here would have been a little stronger than one person rolling their eyes and everyone else ignoring it.

I also pointed out yesterday when he posted this that he claims he doesn't see colour. Alas, he didn't respond.

Can I ask all of you something. If Trump was more even handed and acted more like a politician would you give him a fair shake? Or would you still be shaking your fists?

I ask because some of the folks I asked about Trump and their response was "We just want him to act more like a president." And then there were some that have said "Nothing he can do will make me change my mind."

This along with your "obstructionists" posts are some of the most obtuse posts I've ever seen in FYM. You are completely lacking any understanding or self awareness.

I also pointed out yesterday when he posted this that he claims he doesn't see colour. Alas, he didn't respond.

Can we please stop with this "I don't see colour" BS?

We are all human beings. As per our human nature, we all see colour. Every single last one of us.

But what really matters is what people do to others that are a different "colour". Do you treat them with equality, respect and dignity as a fellow human being? Or do you try to knock people down, either consciously or not, because you are afraid of someone that looks different than you?

okay, well sorry i missed that. still pretty disappointed at the reaction overall tho. if i wrote up a list of pejorative nicknames for bernie sanders based on the most offensive jewish stereotypes along with a few holocaust puns (wounded economy? *really?* that was a fucking massacre of civilians by the US army you prick) i would promptly and rightly be called anti semitic and shown the fucking door.

okay, well sorry i missed that. still pretty disappointed at the reaction overall tho. if i wrote up a list of pejorative nicknames for bernie sanders based on the most offensive jewish stereotypes along with a few holocaust puns (wounded economy? *really?* that was a fucking massacre of civilians by the US army you prick) i would promptly and rightly be called anti semitic and shown the fucking door.

I agree.

I think racism against first nations has been to a large extent normalized.

I don't even think that the same poster would have posted an equivalent list of pejorative terms against African Americans or Jews, but he still thinks this is funny and I am betting we'll be told we're being PC.

I agree.

I think racism against first nations has been to a large extent normalized.

I don't even think that the same poster would have posted an equivalent list of pejorative terms against African Americans or Jews, but he still thinks this is funny and I am betting we'll be told we're being PC.

This poster flat out said, he can understand how Jews would be offended but black people shouldn't.

you can seriously go fuck yourself with this unfunny racist bullshit. i don't give a shit about the context, this is just straight deliberate racism. if i was a mod here i'd ban you for this.

i also have a feeling that if you had done this list of names relating to a black person rather than native americans the reaction here would have been a little stronger than one person rolling their eyes and everyone else ignoring it.

Yeah, I somehow missed that list yesterday on my phone - my apologies.

bloodysunday - I've already had conversations with others about their "haha, being sexist and racist is funny" posts. That stuff has no place here.

Yeah, I somehow missed that list yesterday on my phone - my apologies.

bloodysunday - I've already had conversations with others about their "haha, being sexist and racist is funny" posts. That stuff has no place here.
"that has no place here" is the extend of the mod response to some of the obviously racist posts in the history of this message board. wow. weak as fuck.

obviously nobody gives a shit about racism against natives. fine.

The majority of Trump supporters, ignoramuses.

New PPP Poll:

But Kellyanne just misspoke 3 or 4 times, amirite Oregoropa?

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...s-now-evenly-divided-on-impeaching-trump.html

I'm telling you KAC never misspoke as she claims, she knew perfectly well that by stating such a lie that there were people who would believe it even after she said she misspoke! They are playing the dumb uneducated people and they sure know how to manipulate them! It's not hard to manipulate someone who probably doesn't even have a high school diploma. It's psychology 101 right there folks.

I'm telling you KAC never misspoke as she claims, she knew perfectly well that by stating such a lie that there were people who would believe it even after she said she misspoke! They are playing the dumb uneducated people and they sure know how to manipulate them! It's not hard to manipulate someone who probably doesn't even have a high school diploma. It's psychology 101 right there folks.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1486746997.550808.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

:|

I must have missed that gem.

He seems quite polite and has yet to lash out against all of us, credit to him (unlike some). But I'm still waiting for answers to my questions, and the casual racism and generalizations towards racial and religious minorities in the US indicate that he just may be the Betsy Devos of Interference: Polite, yet entirely clueless.

No offense intended, bloodysunday, :hug:

You can just respond to all of us, and try to see we know what we're talking about, and that casual racism, and generalizing folks who are different is never ok, and neither is joking about it.

Last edited:
^

I just watched that DeVos video - her face is priceless. This woman has been living a pampered and privileged life, much like Trump, surrounded by plebes who have to bow to her commands. She looked like she was going to lose it (where is that permanently pasted on smile she wore during the confirmation hearings). The real question is how long she's willing to tolerate this.

^

I just watched that DeVos video - her face is priceless. This woman has been living a pampered and privileged life, much like Trump, surrounded by plebes who have to bow to her commands. She looked like she was going to lose it (where is that permanently pasted on smile she wore during the confirmation hearings). The real question is how long she's willing to tolerate this.

I'm expecting a resignation within 6 months :lol:

As someone who has spent almost my entire professional life in academia, and working part time as an educator, I must say that her ridiculous answers to the growth vs proficiency debate were beyond embarrassing. She has zero idea about anything. She's never attended a public school. Heck, the entire thing is an embarrassment.

"that has no place here" is the extend of the mod response to some of the obviously racist posts in the history of this message board. wow. weak as fuck.

obviously nobody gives a shit about racism against natives. fine.

Oh, I'm sorry I'm not acting in exactly the manner and speed which you demand. If you'll notice, many of the people who had obviously racist posts no longer post here. That's not an accident.

But thanks for saying I don't give a shit about racism to natives. Appreciate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom