Trump General Discussion VII - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Can I ask all of you something. If Trump was more even handed and acted more like a politician would you give him a fair shake? Or would you still be shaking your fists?

I ask because some of the folks I asked about Trump and their response was "We just want him to act more like a president." And then there were some that have said "Nothing he can do will make me change my mind."
If he behaved like an actual mature human being with some legit understanding of how politics works, and wasn't letting idiots like Bannon or Kellyanne or Spicer help and speak for him, and wasn't supporting the appointments of people like Sessions or DeVos, and wasn't pulling this "alternative facts/fake news" nonsense? Then yeah, I probably wouldn't be as angry with the guy.

But as noted above, it's not JUST the fact he's acting horribly unprofessional. It's the fact that his political stances are shit, he's hired horrific and completely inexperienced people to work in our government, and he's got so many conflicts of interest and scandals following him it's not even funny. There's plenty of valid reason beyond "he doesn't act presidential enough" to be angry about the fact that he's our president. I think we've all made those reasons abundantly clear in every thread about him thus far.

And he made his true colors abundantly clear when his campaign started, and didn't once change course for the better. He had plenty of chances well before he got elected to grow up and act like a decent human being who would take this job seriously, and make people who were against him change their minds and see him as a worthy candidate, but he never did. So Trump supporters need to quit holding their breaths that we'll get behind him, because if we haven't by now, we're not ever going to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I think the only palatable GOP candidate as President here would be John Kasich. But everybody would still be upset that Hillary lost.
Again, it is no longer about the fact that Hillary lost for us. We've long ago accepted that fact.

Also, yes, Kasich would've been tolerable, but I could've dealt with, say, Rubio or Jeb being president, too, if a GOP candidate had to win the election. At least with people like that we have an idea of what to expect from them. At least they have an actual understanding of how politics freaking works. I really do not get how that part of things is not bothering any of you Trump supporters even a bit. I truly don't.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Quote:
If he were smart
if he were smart he wouldn't have taken the oath of office. but here we are

Old 02-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

Again, it is no longer about the fact that Hillary lost for us. We've long ago accepted that fact.
I feel like it is a VERY slow transition from the November 9th mindset. It sucks to be on the other side.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #34
War Child

Local Time: 01:20 AM

Ooooft!!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:50 AM
Quote:
Can I ask all of you something. If Trump was more even handed and acted more like a politician would you give him a fair shake? Or would you still be shaking your fists?
No, because I'd still fundamentally disagree with his political stances. A lot of others consider this 'respectability' thing to be quite important though.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #36
War Child

Local Time: 01:20 AM
SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...36231802515457

Does he mean the SC?! It was a unanimous decision which is very surprising, looks like the SC will be 4-4. The administration has completely botched this EO.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:50 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
I feel like it is a VERY slow transition from the November 9th mindset. It sucks to be on the other side.
So how do you explain the Republican/conservative-leaning posters in this thread who refuse to support Trump, or the other Republicans/conservatives out there who can't stand him, either? Their party's on the winning side and yet they're still not happy.

I will repeat once more: Our issues with Trump have nothing to do with Hillary not winning/us being on "the other side" anymore.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
If he were smart he would simply say "I'm disappointed but business continues as usual."

Him being a complete embarrassment as a President is but one reason I "won't give him a chance". There is supposed to be a certain dignity to this office. He has shown time and time again he has no dignity. But really, that's probably the least of my concerns.

Most importantly he has surrounded himself with horrible advisors, including a white nationalist, a spokesperson who apparently is allergic to facts, an Attorney general who is an avowed racist and a press secretary who is laughably bad at his job. It's also painfully clear that his administration is incompetent. Their Executive Orders are poorly thought out and implemented, his first raid was botched, hell even the White House lawyers who defended his Muslim ban in front of the 9th circuit were bad.

Lastly, he has still not divested from his companies, and has refused to release tax records. WE DON'T KNOW what foreign dealings he has which to my mind is extremely dangerous.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:50 AM
Old 02-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
So how do you explain the Republican/conservative-leaning posters in this thread who refuse to support Trump,
Name(s)?

I know My Posse is on the Trump Train.

I think Headache once said used to vote Republican in years past. Is that who you are referring to?
Old 02-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Name(s)?

You all definitely are. Proudly so.

This should be archived, we can revisit in 2020 (or earlier should we be so lucky). I expect crickets from your posse.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Name(s)?

I think Headache once said used to vote Republican in years past. Is that who you are referring to?
Headache, yes, and bono_212 has said she's got some personal conservative beliefs as well.

And like I noted in my post, there's many more Republicans/conservatives out there who don't like him, either.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
You all definitely are. Proudly so.

This should be archived, we can revisit in 2020 (or earlier should we be so lucky). I expect crickets from your posse.
I'll take that bet. Democrats are in shambles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel
And like I noted in my post, there's many more Republicans/conservatives out there who don't like him, either.
I still have never met or heard of a person that says "I used to be a Trump Supporter"
Old 02-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

...I'm not talking about people who supported him and are now changing their minds, though? I'm talking about Republicans/conservatives who were against him from the get-go, and prominent Republicans who've been openly criticizing him since he took office (Dick Cheney, of all people, anyone?).

Hell, shortly before the election, when that tape with Trump's infamous "pussy" comments came out, there were students at Falwell University, of all places, urging the leaders of that university to not endorse him. That's about as conservative as you can get.

And I would not get all cocky about the Democratic Party struggling, because the longer you guys let Trump run things, the worse it'll be for your party in the long run.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #45
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:20 PM
My step-dad used to be one tile the tape. Then he realized he has daughters and granddaughters and said, 'no more.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...36231802515457

Does he mean the SC?! It was a unanimous decision which is very surprising, looks like the SC will be 4-4. The administration has completely botched this EO.
They won't. No conservative judge has upheld it yet. The SC doesn't need Trump or donors. They'll shoot it down too.