Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I reiterate, my frustration was with him speaking positively about Pence i/r/t AIDS at all. Propping him up because he signed two pieces of paper, but ignored his home state's suffering so he could look strong on the war on drugs is pathetic and evil. And again, I know Bono has to so certain things to get where he needs to for what's important to him, but hundreds of people contracted HIV here and Pence let them.

One of the main issues is that he got rid of the clean needle exchange in Indiana, and low and behold, soon afterwards, we had an HIV epidemic that Pence wasn't even acknowledging his role for a while there.

This is a time line from huffpo. They also point to a defunding of planned parenthood, and therefore the one HIV testing center in the County as part of the problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57f53b9be4b002a7312022ef/amp
I absolutely think it's fair to question whether or not Bono should be dealing with any part of the administration, and I don't fault anyone who feels that way.

My only point was that there isn't any "praising" going on, at least in the footage we've seen. It's being made out as if Bono was jerking the guy off over all the wonderful things he's done around HIV/AIDS, when all that was done was an acknowledgement in response to Pence bringing it up.

I absolutely think it's fair to question whether or not Bono should be dealing with any part of the administration, and I don't fault anyone who feels that way.

My only point was that there isn't any "praising" going on, at least in the footage we've seen. It's being made out as if Bono was jerking the guy off over all the wonderful things he's done around HIV/AIDS, when all that was done was an acknowledgement in response to Pence bringing it up.
I was reactionary in my phrasing, personally, I admit. It felt me praise when compared to what he's done, but you are right, it's far more mild and I do acknowledge that now. Glad you understand where I'm coming from as well, I'll be more discerning with words in the future.

I was reactionary in my phrasing, personally, I admit. It felt me praise when compared to what he's done, but you are right, it's far more mild and I do acknowledge that now. Glad you understand where I'm coming from as well, I'll be more discerning with words in the future.

Yeah, i cringed heavily when he was meeting with W Bush, and other unsavory individuals in Congress, but he ended up getting Bush to greenlight 12 Billion (i think) in AIDS and other funding to Africa. So, I have to remember that it goes beyond the people he talks to. We know his feelings on Trump and I'm sure Pence as well.

No worries I had the same reaction when I first saw the reports... then I watched the video and was all FAKE NEWS THE MEDIA IS THE ENEMY!!!!

Let's hope Yiannopoulos gets dumped from Breitbart and every business and speaking opertunity he has after today's disgusting tapes. He's a horror of a human being and should be given no more "air time".

Let's hope Yiannopoulos gets dumped from Breitbart and every business and speaking opertunity he has after today's disgusting tapes. He's a horror of a human being and should be given no more "air time".
Tough to have cockamamie conspiracy theorists involving the entirety of the Democratic party being pedophiles and pizza enthusiasts when your mouthpiece doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

But I'm sure the folks over at /the_donald will be just fine with it :kiss:

haha yeah i had a wtf moment too! she seems to have turned all investigative journalist now, and is convinced Trump will be impeached soon - i've just been scanning thru but she seems to be getting credit for exposing Russian links

i take it with a truckload of salt but it's a fascinating way of wasting some time haha

Sometimes people surprise you.

Why is he going after Sweden again on Twitter today?! It's bonkers! It looks like he's trying to save face after his ridiculous speech but at the same time insulting an ally again (see Australia). What a joke of a man.

If the remote diagnosis of a narcissistic personality disorder holds true, it fits perfectly with the symptoms of the condition. In short, information or facts that go counter to his perceived notion of reality are barred from entering. It's a kind of delusion inherent in the disease. Thus far, he's given little reason to suggest this is not the case.

[TWEET]833781405217857538[/TWEET]

If it goes through, it would be pretty self evident that pedophilia apologism is the line that you can't cross but that racism/sexism/transphobia etc. are acceptable.

Donald Trump's aides don't want to admit the President is golfing - CNNPolitics.com

Piles_of_Salt_Salar_de_Uyuni_Bolivia_Luca_Galuzzi_2006_a.jpg

I don't get the picture.

Table salt or common salt is a mineral composed primarily of sodium chloride (NaCl), a chemical compound belonging to the larger class of salts; salt in its natural form as a crystalline mineral is known as rock salt or halite. Salt is present in vast quantities in seawater, where it is the main mineral constituent. The open ocean has about 35 grams (1.2 oz) of solids per litre, a salinity of 3.5%.

Salt is essential for life in general, and saltiness is one of the basic human tastes. The tissues of animals contain larger quantities of salt than do plant tissues. Salt is one of the oldest and most ubiquitous food seasonings, and salting is an important method of food preservation.

Some of the earliest evidence of salt processing dates to around 8,000 years ago, when people living in an area in what is now known as the country of Romania were boiling spring water to extract the salts; a salt-works in China dates to approximately the same period. Salt was also prized by the ancient Hebrews, the Greeks, the Romans, the Byzantines, the Hittites, Egyptians, and the Indians. Salt became an important article of trade and was transported by boat across the Mediterranean Sea, along specially built salt roads, and across the Sahara in camel caravans. The scarcity and universal need for salt has led nations to go to war over it and use it to raise tax revenues. Salt is used in religious ceremonies and has other cultural significance.

Salt is processed from salt mines, or by the evaporation of seawater (sea salt) or mineral-rich spring water in shallow pools. Its major industrial products are caustic soda and chlorine, and is used in many industrial processes including the manufacture of polyvinyl chloride, plastics, paper pulp and many other products. Of the annual global production of around two hundred million tonnes of salt, only about 6% is used for human consumption. Other uses include water conditioning processes, de-icing highways, and agricultural use. Edible salt is sold in forms such as sea salt and table salt which usually contains an anti-caking agent and may be iodised to prevent iodine deficiency. As well as its use in cooking and at the table, salt is present in many processed foods.

Sodium is an essential nutrient for human health via its role as an electrolyte and osmotic solute. Excessive salt consumption can increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases, such as hypertension, in children and adults. Such health effects of salt have long been studied. Accordingly, numerous world health associations and experts in developed countries recommend reducing consumption of popular salty foods. The World Health Organization recommends that adults should consume less than 2,000 mg of sodium, equivalent to 5 grams of salt per day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt

it's a holiday here, i've been day-drinking :shh:

One of the main issues is that he got rid of the clean needle exchange in Indiana, and low and behold, soon afterwards, we had an HIV epidemic that Pence wasn't even acknowledging his role for a while there.

This is a time line from huffpo. They also point to a defunding of planned parenthood, and therefore the one HIV testing center in the County as part of the problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57f53b9be4b002a7312022ef/amp

ugh what a mess

fundamental christian tyrannical arseholes :angry:

[tweet]83563168432627852[/tweet]

edit: this was the result of me trying and failing to figure out what tweet mikal was tying to show us. it doesn't exist, btw.

Last edited:
It's kind of refreshing to realize that I'm disappointed in Bono but not all put out about it. My life goes on. I like having reached the point where I'm out of kneejerk-Bono-defense mode. Ha.

I saw Milo speak for the first time on Bill Maher over the weekend.

Quite punchable, in that neo-Nazi kind of way.

Also, Bono needs better researchers.

meh, it's not that strong a backlash just yet - we've seen worse :D #SOIhowdoigetthisfuckingalbumoffmyiphone

but seriously, i would seriously think he has some serious masochistic issues if he pushes it much further :lol:

Lol yes now that was a nightmare al the backlash they got! Yes this is not as bad but I agree that if he pushes further or becomes friendly with trump or pence, there go s any chances of people starting to like him.

I saw Milo speak for the first time on Bill Maher over the weekend.

Quite punchable, in that neo-Nazi kind of way.

Also, Bono needs better researchers.

Bill Maher's almost on the same level of punchable, too.

Bill Maher's almost on the same level of punchable, too.

Sometimes Maher can come off really well. Other times, very poorly.

The Milo thing was a new low for him, though. Fuck Milo Kunisopolis. He's an attention whore who just likes to be different. People are saying "stop interviewing Kellyanne Conway." Stop protesting Milo. Stop interviewing Milo. Stop sharing one degree of separation worth of news about Milo on your Facebook. Stop talking about Milo.

I get it, I'm talking about him a lot having said his name half a dozen times just now... but you get the point. He's like a fucking Kardashian. There's no reason he's famous except for the fact that we let him be famous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom